Home Forums Daytime TV 2018 Daytime Emmy Submissions

2018 Daytime Emmy Submissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 172 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
EmmyLoser
OLTLfan
  • Sean Phillips
    Participant
    Topics:

Hey I get this is the non stop praise Days channel but you gotta praise Roger Howarth for the last few episodes of Franco on GH.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Best Actress: Amelia Heinle as Victoria, Y&R

Victoria lets Ashley and later Nikki, Sharon and Phyllis know more about what is going on with her – she tells the latter three that J.T. has been abusing her for months. She has finally said “NO” to J.T. and broken up with him. She was fragile and haunting today. I missed the last two episodes but suspect her break-up scenes with J.T. were strong. She has been fantastic lately in this storyline!

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Friday, April 13, 2018

Best Actress: Amelia Heinle, Y&R

Stunning, superb, Emmy-worthy work – she had me in tears as she recounted her abuse by J.T. She can assemble an amazing reel with a strong arc of the abuse episode and then these last two episodes, skillfully edited, to bring home a third Emmy. Truly outstanding and brillaint, one of the best performances ever in daytime history! (: (and I have never been a fan of hers and I feel this strongly about her performance today)

ReplyCopy URL
    lovethedrama
    Participant
    Topics:

Outstanding Drama Series
    Outstanding Directing Team
    Outstanding Writing Team

04-13-18

Victoria recounts her abuse to her Sharon, Phyllis and Nikki during Girl’s night and the night takes an unexpected turn.

This was a phenomenal episode all around and IMO one of the strongest soap opera episodes in quite a while. Everything from the performances, the directing choices and the excellent script was a home run. Everyone has cited the brilliant performances, but the teams behind the scenes really did well.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  lovethedrama.
    ReplyCopy URL
    robbalto
    Participant
    Topics:

Monday, April 16, 2018
    The Young & the Restless
    Outstanding Drama Series
    Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series

Summary: Sharon, Phyllis, Victoria, and Nikki realize that JT is dead. Phyllis convinces the others not to call the police. Paul begins to suspect JT. Sharon sends an intoxicated Mariah home. Paul questions Victoria and the others about JT’s whereabouts. Victoria says she left him in Hawaii. Victor tells Nick that JT is responsible for his attempted murder. Nick notifies Paul. Nikki recalls killing her father and vows to protect Victoria. Phyllis says they must get rid of the body.

Analysis: This is one of the best episodes of Y&R I have seen in a long time. Despite my recent reservations about the stories and characterization, this must-see episode is compelling from start to finish. The characterization and performances were spot-on. The various story threads were woven together in a highly effective manner. I was glued to the screen.

P.S. I also support the above citations for Y&R.

ReplyCopy URL
    gatorman
    Participant
    Topics:

April 16, 2018
    The Young and the Restless
    Outstanding Drama Series
    Outstanding Writing in a Drama Series

This is one of the best overall written and acted episodes from Y&R. The stories flowed and it kept me wanting more. Everybody did an amazing job and I want to add that I loved Eric Braeden today. I thought he did an amazing job and I really enjoyed his scenes with Nick.

I’m very excited and interested to see where these stories go.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, another really strong episode today. I have been noticing how much I enjoy Sharon Case’s supporting work in these scenes. Her scene with Camryn Grimes’ Mariah today was a hoot and alleviated some of the heaviness of the drama going on upstairs (kudos to Camryn!). The past two weeks have had incredible episodes; Y&R is my current favorite right now.

ReplyCopy URL
    OLTLfan
    Participant
    Topics:

4-19-18

Camila Banus as Gabi Hernandez DOOL
    Eli visits Gabi in jail and it doesn’t go well.

Casey Moss as JJ Devereaux DOOL
    JJ runs into Lani at the hospital.

Maura West as Ava Jerome GH
    Ava makes an emotional appeal for Avery’s safe return.

Laura Wright as Carly Corinthos GH
    Carly freaks out when Sonny suspects she’s losing it.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  OLTLfan.
    ReplyCopy URL
    OLTLfan
    Participant
    Topics:

4-23-18

Supporting Actress
    Finola Hughes as Anna Devane (GH)
    Anna tells Robert that she and Faison are Heinrich’s biological parents.

Lead Actor
    Billy Flynn as Chad DiMera (DOOL)
    Chad finds his wife in bed with his brother and freaks out.

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

Days of our Lives
    Monday, April 16, 2018
    Outstanding Lead Actress
    Marci Miller — Abigail DiMera/Gabby/Dr. Laura

John questions Gabby about Marlena’s whereabouts while Abigail, trapped in her own mind, struggles to make sense of what’s happening and where she is.

Good work from Miller as Gabby’s Abigail act really starts to come apart and Abigail grows more confused and frustrated with the Andre in her head trying to push her to remember what happened the night he was killed. It was pretty tense, and seemed like something was going to happen, even though nothing did.

Thursday & Friday, April 19 & 20, 2018
    Outstanding Supporting Actress
    Louise Sorel — Vivian Alamain

Vivian catches Stefan and Gabby in a passionate embrace and demands that Stefan not pursue things with Gabby. When Stefan tells Vivian of his plans to whisk Gabby away, Vivian threatens to expose Abigail/Gabby. Stefan locks her in the secret room with Marlena and Kate, who begin to hash out what’s been going on with Abigail.

Sorel was fire in the scenes where Vivian is being protective of Stefan and threatening him for his own good, and then her usual hilarious self in the scenes with Kate and Marlena.

ReplyCopy URL
    OLTLfan
    Participant
    Topics:

4-24-18
    Lead Actress
    Maura West as Ava Jerome (GH)

Ava tells Scotty she wants to use Mike’s dementia to get full custody of Avery. When Griffin tries to talk her out of it, Ava says she’ll do whatever she has to to protect her daughters.

ReplyCopy URL
    VinceT
    Participant
    Topics:

Friday February 2, 2018

General Hospital

Outstanding Supporting Actress: Kirsten Storms and Michelle Stafford

“Maxie walks out to her living room to tell Nina about her dream. She could feel Nathan, warm and alive in her arms. She needs Nina to tell her Nathan is gone. Nina tearfully complies. When Nina heads to the kitchen to try and be helpful, Maxie sees a pamphlet about funeral services. She confronts Nina when she returns to the room. Nina said they all just wanted to help, but Maxie retorts that unless Nina can bring Nathan back from the dead, there’s nothing she can do. Nina apologizes and cries that she lost her brother too. Maxie hugs her. Nina is sorry for the years she lost with Nathan, but feels lucky to have seen the man he became. Maxie saw what a great man Nathan was the first night they met. She flashes to that moment in her apartment and holds Nina’s hand. She asks Nina to go through the brochures with her to figure out what Nathan would want. Nina and Maxie feel Nathan’s presence as they come together as family.”

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  VinceT.
    ReplyCopy URL
    VinceT
    Participant
    Topics:

Friday February 9, 2018

General Hospital

Outstanding Supporting Actress: Michelle Stafford

“One by one everyone pays their respects to Nathan. Nina speaks about her memories of her brother as a kid, and how Nathan gave everything for others, including his own life. She asks everyone to share a story of Nathan with her and others to keep him alive.”

ReplyCopy URL
    VinceT
    Participant
    Topics:

Monday February 12, 2018

General Hospital

Outstanding Supporting Actress: Kirsten Storms

“In the graveyard, Maxie accuses Lulu of killing Nathan for the sake of her career. Lulu starts sobbing as Maxie lashes out at her. Peter sadly listens from around the corner. Lulu wants to explain her side but that only makes things worse. Maxie doesn’t think it’s in the Spencer DNA to admit you’re wrong. Lulu refuses to believe she means this. Nina eventually intervenes and asks Lulu to go. Maxie doesn’t want leave. Nina holds her and Valentin takes her hand. Maxie arrives with Nina. At the Floating rib, The guests pay their condolences. Maxie can’t handle it and leaves.”

ReplyCopy URL
    VinceT
    Participant
    Topics:

Wednesday February 21, 2018

General Hospital

Outstanding Supporting Actress: Michelle Stafford

“Nina gives herself a pep talk before stepping off the elevator. Once at Crimson, she sees the remnants of the crime scene and sobs as she tries to scrub Nathan’s bloodstain out of the carpet. A worried Valentin finds his wife practically hyperventilating. He holds her and the vows to buy her a new rug. He says it broke him to find her like that. Nina imagines it’d be worse for Maxie to see the bloodstain and asks if they can get new carpet before she returns.”

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 172 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.