Home Forums Daytime TV 2019 Citations for Daytime Emmy Submissions

2019 Citations for Daytime Emmy Submissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
linecelts
alokin
  • alokin
    Participant
    Topics:

^^ Loved the “11:11” reference that came up during Oscar and Joss’s conversation while on the bridge. Special kudos to the writing team!

So many fantastic performances across the board from the last couple weeks worth citing, but for now…

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

The Young and the Restless

Outstanding Drama Series
    Outstanding Lead Actor: Peter Bergman
    Outstanding Supporting Actress: Beth Maitland
    Outstanding Younger Actress: Hunter King
    Outstanding Writing in a Drama Series
    Outstanding Directing in a Drama Series
    Outstanding Music Composition/Direction for a Drama Series
    Outstanding Original Song for a Drama Series (Cait Fairbanks)

This episode absolutely blew me away, from the breathtaking writing to the patient, carefully-layered camerawork, soul-stirring music direction, and of course, the stunning work by Peter Bergman. Beth Maitland also demonstrates once again why she is a master at her craft. And Hunter King is nothing short of sublime in her scenes opposite Gina Tognoni (who deserves an honorable mention here too)

ReplyCopy URL
    GHFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Young and the Restless
    April 24, 2019

Outstanding Lead Actor – Peter Bergman
    Outstanding Supporting Actress – Christel Khalil
    Outstanding Supporting Actor – Bryton James
    Outstanding Guest – Eileen Davidson

Genoa City learns of and mourns Neil Winters.

This was very tough to watch but great work across the board. I am sure this was all very real emotion from these actors considering the circumstances, but very well handled and respectfully done so far IMO.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  GHFan.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  GHFan.
    ReplyCopy URL
    linecelts
    Participant
    Topics:

January/February/March/April 2019

Outstanding Drama Series (Genoa City mourns the death of Neil Winters/The funeral)
    Outstanding Lead Actor Peter Bergman (Jack learns Neil Winters passed away)
    Outstanding Supporting Actor Bryton James (Devon’s grief and dealing with the aftermath of Neil’s death)
    Outstanding Supporting Actress Christel Khalil (Lily’s grief and dealing with the aftermath of Neil’s death) & Hunter King (Summer learns Kyle didn’t really love her and he’s asking for a divorce)
    Outstanding Younger Actor Michael Mealer (I DON’T KNOW HOW OLD MICHAEL MEALER IS!!??? Kyle learns Lola is in the hospital and tearfully at her bedside hoping she wakes up. Him telling Lola he married Summer to save up and she breaks up with him)
    Outstanding Younger Actress Sasha Calle (Lola attacked and in the hospital and after waking up, learns Kyle married Summer to save her and tearfully breaks up with him)
    Outstanding Drama Series Writing Team (The aftermath of Neil Winters death and the funeral)
    Outstanding Drama Series Directing Team (April 25th episode: The Funeral)
    Outstanding Guest Performer Eileen Davidson (Ashley learning Neil’s passing)

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  linecelts.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  linecelts.
    ReplyCopy URL
    BTN
    Participant
    Topics:

April 1 2019
    Best supporting actress or guest performer – not sure – Chrishell Stause- days of our lives

Talking about her baby and sings a lullaby

ReplyCopy URL
    Sean Phillips
    Participant
    Topics:

Michael Mealor was born Feb. 29, 1992, so he is ineligible for younger actor.

ReplyCopy URL
    linecelts
    Participant
    Topics:

Michael Mealor was born Feb. 29, 1992, so he is ineligible for younger actor.

Thanks. I wasn’t sure if he was Younger or a little older.

April 24th – 26th

Outstanding Guest Performer
    Shemar Moore (Malcolm Winters)

Neil’s funeral. Malcolm saying goodbye to his brother.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

May 1 & 2, 2019

General Hospital

Best Drama Series
    Best Directing
    Best Writing
    Best Actor: Billy Miller
    Best Supporting Actress: Tamara Braun
    Best Younger Actor: William Lipton (May 2)
    Best Younger Actor: Garen Stitt (May 1)
    Best Younger Actress: Eden McCoy

I cried my eyes out during these two beautifully crafted episodes. Oscar’s death was incredibly sad but they did a really great job with these episodes. The ghosts of Lila and Edward was a nice touch. Beautiful writing. I was particularly astonished by Eden McCoy who really broke my heart, particularly after Oscar dies. Great use of music, fluid direction. The scene with Cam in the stairwell was excellent.

My first love died at 16 of leukemia and I was in Josslyn’s shoes back then – it brought back those memories for me today.

Honorable mentions to Leslie Charleson, Lisa LoCicero, and Wally Kurth

ReplyCopy URL
    youngsoapfan
    Participant
    Topics:

May 1st-2nd
    Outstanding Guest performer
    Vanessa Williams- Dr. Valerie Grant, Days of our lives.

Valerie Returns to town briefly to support Abe in his mayoral campaign, only to find out publicly that he was kissed by another woman, and then gets dumped by him in the second episode.

May 1st
    Oustanding younger actress
    Olivia Rose Keegan- Claire Brady, Days of our lives

Claire finds out that the lighter used to set the fire was empty evidence according to the police and JJ gives it back to her, and Eve then berates her for still holding onto the lighter and threatens her not to do anything stupid again. Claire then heads home, where a angry moment between her and Tripp is interrupted by Tripp and Haley’s worker showing up. Haley comes downstairs and announces that Claire is moving out, and when the worker leaves, Claire lets Tripp have it for what he’s put her through. Ends with Claire about to light a picture of Haley on fire, that she just tore in half.

I’ve never been a huge fan of Olivia Rose Keegan, but she was good in this episode, I just wish they could have showcased her acting skills better before now that she’s about to exit the show.

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m still behind and catching up, on both GH and DAYS. The GH performances have mostly been well covered, but a couple of DAYS actresses I want to shout out:

Friday, April 26 – Tuesday, April 30, 2019
    Days of our Lives
    Outstanding Supporting Actress — Linsey Godfrey (Dr. Sarah Horton)
    Outstanding Supporting Actress — Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe Lane)

On Friday, Sarah finally gets Eric to admit that he has feelings for her. She admits her feelings for him and says she only accepted Rex’s proposal because she thought there was no hope for them. They decide to tell Rex how they feel, but upon arriving at the apartment, they discover that Nicole is alive. Meanwhile, Chloe and Stefan’s dinner date ends with them discovering that Holly is missing.

On Monday, Chloe and Stefan search for Holly before concluding that she’s likely been kidnapped and calling the police. Chloe blames herself. Sarah tries to hide her devastation about Nicole’s return and subsequent reunion with Eric. She and Rex tell Maggie that Nicole is alive, shortly before they learn that Holly has been kidnapped.

On Tuesday, while delivering the news about Holly being kidnapped, Chloe learns that Nicole is alive and feels even worse. She says she can’t face Nicole, but is confronted by her at the DiMera mansion, where Nicole tells Chloe that Holly’s blood will be on her hands if the worst happens. After talking to Chloe, Sarah and Rex return to the apartment, where Sarah breaks down in tears over her situation with Eric.

Over the last couple of weeks, I’ve come to realize how much I like Sarah, and it really solidified for me watching this little arc where she gets so close to happiness with Eric and then has it ripped away. It was heartbreaking for me, and Linsey did a great job with it. I also thought Nadia did a really good job with Chloe’s panic and guilt surrounding Holly’s disappearance, particularly in the Tuesday episode, where she is confronted by Nicole.

ReplyCopy URL
    alokin
    Participant
    Topics:

Monday, May 13, 2019

General Hospital

Outstanding Lead Actor: Billy Miller
    Outstanding Supporting Actress: Tamara Braun
    Outstanding Younger Actress: Eden McCoy
    Outstanding Younger Actor: William Lipton
    Outstanding Writing in a Drama Series
    Outstanding Music Composition/Direction for a Drama Series

The residents of Port Charles come together to remember Oscar.

GH can often be hit-or-miss with the overall execution of storylines, but I think in this particular episode dealing with Oscar’s memorial, they got it just right. Billy, Tamara, Eden and William all did a wonderful job emoting while delivering difficult monologues. The planting of seeds for a meadow in Oscar’s memory was also a beautifully-conceived idea, so kudos once again to the writing team!

The gorgeous piano piece set to Drew’s (Billy Miller) monologue and ending with the three teens holding hands left me completely floored, because it’s my all-time favorite theme and seldomly does it get scored for a particular set of scenes in its entirety, but it is done so here (once in a blue moon, we may hear bits and pieces or slight variants of it). It’s such a special treat when it gets played, and I wish the GH music team would utilize it more often, because imo it’s the best theme the team has ever composed.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Monday, May 13, 2019

General Hospital

Best Actor: Billy Miller
    Best Supporting Actress: Tamara Braun
    Best Younger Actor: William Lipton
    Best Younger Actress: Eden McCoy
    Best Writing
    Best Directing

This episode was quite beautifully done, and I echo everything that alokin said in his post. Eden McCoy in particular for me deserves an Emmy for her work in this storyline.

ReplyCopy URL
    alokin
    Participant
    Topics:

^^^ Thx Freeman, your post reminded me that I’d neglected to also include a directing citation. How great is it that Gary Tomlin hasn’t just been writing on GH but frequently been flexing his muscles too as part of the directing team?! He did a really nice job with the smooth flow and overall tone of the episode.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Best Supporting Actress: Marla Adams (Dina, Y&R)
    Best Supporting Actress: Beth Maitland (Traci, Y&R)
    Best Actor: Jon Lindstrom (Ryan and Kevin, GH)
    Best Actress: Maura West (Ava, GH)

On Y&R, Dina loses her memory and becomes frightened of Traci and Traci attempts to calm her down; later Traci talks to – and fantasizes about – Cain and becomes upset over her fantasy; Dina doesn’t know who Jack is and cries in his arms…

Ava’s plan has worked and she has lured (with the help of others) Ryan out of hiding and back in Port Charles. She pretends she still loves Ryan and Ryan is conned by her; meanwhile Kevin is reunited with Laura and the plot to lure Ryan is told to Chase and others. The scene between Ava and Ryan is extremely suspenseful and well acted: I honestly don’t know where it is going! So looking forward to the next episode!

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Best Younger Actress: Eden McCoy (Josslyn, GH)
    Best Original Song
    Best Musical Performance: Eden McCoy

I saw this episode out of order and yowzers! Eden McCoy delivers yet again! What a beautiful song, so well performed, and the earlier scene with Sonny was a superb acting performance too! I know those blue ribbon panelists are stupid but Eden McCoy deserves an Emmy for all of her superb performances in the Oscar storyline.

ReplyCopy URL
    linecelts
    Participant
    Topics:

May 28th

Outstanding Supporting Actress: Marla Adams. Dina finds out her family is putting her in a facility and runs off. Tessa finds her and performs for her. She later agrees to go to a facility. Great episode and wonderful acting from Marla.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.