Home Forums Daytime TV 2019 Citations for Daytime Emmy Submissions

2019 Citations for Daytime Emmy Submissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 101 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
alokin
linecelts
  • FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

robbalto, it’s great to have you back! (:

I agree, combined with some of the Oscar’s death material this would be an excellent addition to his reel (:

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Best Guest Performer: Jen Ray (Chelsea, General Hospital)

Chelsea the psychic meets with Laura, who tries to trick her with asking about her brother “Jonathan”, but Chelsea has a message from Amy. She also has a message from her son, who is in grave danger (Laura calls Lucky and he is fine). Chelsea says not the one in Africa, the other son! (Nikolas). Later Chelsea talks to Ava and lets her know that Julian won’t be going anywhere! Fun, light, and entertaining, she’s been a blast to watch in this role! Definitely would make for a very different reel.

ReplyCopy URL
    linecelts
    Participant
    Topics:

August 12th

The Bold and the Beautiful
    Outstanding Lead Actress: Jacqueline MacInnes Wood (Steffy Forrester)

A tearful Steffy realize she must give Beth to Hope. She asked to hold Beth and tell her that Mommy needs to let you go. After Liam, Brooke and Hope leave with Beth, Steffy collapses to the floor in grief as Ridge holds her.

Jacqueline should submit this scene for next year’s Emmys

ReplyCopy URL
    alokin
    Participant
    Topics:

^^^ Jacquie slayed it in this episode! These last few weeks especially have featured so many poignant moments and impressive performances by everyone – Scott Clifton, Katherine Kelly Lang, Annika Noelle, Darin Brooks, Katrina Bowden, to name a few – but if I had to pick one scene that left me the most stirred, it’s here where Steffy comes to realize that she must let Phoebe go. Just beautiful, beautiful work from Jacquie!

ReplyCopy URL
    alokin
    Participant
    Topics:

Friday, August 16, 2019

The Young and the Restless

Outstanding Supporting Actress: Eva La Rue (Celeste Rosales)
    Outstanding Supporting Actor: Jordi Vilasuso (Rey Rosales)
    Outstanding Younger Actress: Sasha Calle (Lola Rosales)
    Outstanding Writing in a Drama Series
    Outstanding Art & Set Decoration

Kyle and Lola’s wedding day arrives.

Monday, August 19, 2019

The Young and the Restless

Outstanding Supporting Actor: Jordi Vilasuso (Rey Rosales)
    Outstanding Younger Actress: Sasha Calle (Lola Rosales)
    Outstanding Art & Set Decoration
    Outstanding Music Composition/Direction for a Drama Series
    Outstanding Original Song for a Drama Series

Kyle and Lola’s wedding day takes an unexpected turn when Lola’s estranged father, Adrian, shows up.

I cited Eva primarily for the end of Friday’s episode, where Celeste first discovers Adrian at the ceremony and confronts him. Eva always brings so much authenticity to any scene she’s in.

Jordi and Sasha really shine in both episodes. There’s the sweet and tender side to each of their respective characters that Jordi and Sasha get to exhibit during the siblings’ heart-to-heart (wonderfully-written dialogue by Michael Conforti and Lynn Martin) right before the ceremony in Friday’s episode. That serves as a nice contrast to Rey and Lola’s interactions with Adrian in Monday’s episode, where Jordi skillfully portrays Rey in overprotective-brother mode and Sasha is marvelous in her display of Lola’s resolve despite the scars left on her from the years of abandonment by her father. The arresting piano score serves as the perfect backdrop to Lola and Adrian’s emotive conversation (once again, splendidly-written dialogue, this time by Jeff Beldner and Sara Endsley).

The art/scenic directors really outdid themselves with the stunning floral layout and lighting for the wedding ceremony and reception; the decadent rose arbors in particular are absolutely gorgeous!

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Friday, August 23, 2019

Best Drama Series: Days Of Our Lives
    Best Directing: Days Of Our Lives
    Best Writing: Days Of Our Lives
    Best Actress: Stacey Haiduk (Kristen and Susan, Days Of Our Lives)
    Best Supporting Actor: Greg Vaughan (Eric, Days Of Our Lives)

The big reveal episode that Nicole is really Kristen. The episode begins where yesterday’s left off, repeating John pulling the mask off.

I cite Greg Vaughan for Eric’s scenes particularly at the end where he pours his heart out.

And Stacey Haiduk was great today! I esp. love her as Susan. I loved that Susan saved the day! (:

Extremely well directed, written, produced and acted! (:

ReplyCopy URL
    alokin
    Participant
    Topics:

Monday, August 26, 2019

Outstanding Lead Actress: Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke Logan Forrester)
    Outstanding Directing in a Drama Series

Misconstruing that Hope’s life is in danger when she spots her daughter arguing with Thomas near the edge of the cliff at the Malibu Beach house, a frantic Brooke rushes to intervene and accidentally pushes Thomas over the cliff. Ridge, who is witness to the incident just as he arrives at the house, races with Brooke and Hope down the base of the cliff where Thomas is lying unconscious on the beach. Ridge fears the worst as a still comatose Thomas undergoes a series of tests at the hospital. Back at the beach house, Liam arrives to find a still traumatized Hope, who recounts to him the events that just transpired. Meanwhile, Dollar Bill vows to Wyatt and Justin that Flo and Thomas will pay for their actions against Hope and Liam.

KKL is masterful here in the way she so effortlessly glides through the initial shock, horror, and guilt Brooke feels over her part in Thomas’ accident, and how she then attempts to maintain her composure at the hospital despite the dreaded realization that Thomas may never wake up.

Rex M. Best created a script that finds a really nice balance between the suspense and tender, heartfelt moments; the latter, like that of my favorite scene, where Brooke tries to console Ridge (who has his back towards her as he’s anxiously observing Thomas through the examining room window) by gingerly placing her hand on his shoulder, but then hesitates from doing so. Anthony Pascarelli also did a wonderful job directing the difficult on-location shots.

ReplyCopy URL
    BTN
    Participant
    Topics:

The bold and the beautiful
    September 3 2019
    Thorsten Kaye
    Best actor

Ridge visits flo in prison

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

September 4, 2019

Best Guest Performer or Supporting Actor: Bill Hayes (Doug, Days Of Our Lives)
    Best Guest Performer: Robin Strasser (Vivian, Days Of Our Lives)

Bill Hayes continues to amaze me at 94 years of age delivering a heartfelt performance as he learns that Julie is dying…

Robin Strasser had me laughing so hard I thought I was going to bust a gut! I have so missed her comedic timing! Gawd, I love her! (:

ReplyCopy URL
    BTN
    Participant
    Topics:

The Bold and The Beautiful
    Friday September 6, 2019
    Best actor Thorsten Kaye
    Best supporting actor Matthew Atkinson
    Ridge confronts Thomas about his role in Emma’s death.

Kaye is so great! He never was better in his whole career!

Atkinson great too.

ReplyCopy URL
    alokin
    Participant
    Topics:

^^^ Absolutely agree, BTN. I’ve always appreciated Thorsten Kaye as an actor, but with this storyline, he has somehow been able to elevate his work to a whole new level, to the point where even Atkinson is upping his game.

It’s no wonder, with that stunning writing… I’ve yet to encounter a script by Patrick Mulcahey that doesn’t give me life. Every one of his scripts is like a rare, beautiful work of art.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Outstanding Lead Actress: Heather Tom (Katie Logan)
    Outstanding Supporting Actress: Katrina Bowden (Flo Fulton)

Still livid over her niece’s early release from prison, Katie has it out with Flo and reminds her of how heartbroken Storm would be over Flo’s past actions in keeping Hope and Liam from baby Beth, had her father still been alive. When Shauna arrives, Katie makes it known to both that they’re not welcome with the Logans and urges them to relocate. Meanwhile, with the pact he made with Shauna, to keep their night together a secret between them, weighing heavily on his mind, Ridge returns home to an anxiously-awaiting Brooke.

Heather and Katrina play off each other so well here. They create this interesting dynamic in which the scenes between Katie and Flo are confrontational yet still very much contained. Adam Dusevoir also created a memorable script that is both sharp in its dialogue and deeply moving (as when Katie places Flo’s hand on her heart for her to be able to feel Storm’s heartbeat).

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Wednesday, September 19, 2019

Best Supporting Actress: Rebecca Herbst (Liz, General Hospital)

Elizabeth confronts Kim about her delusional behavior in getting involved with Franco/Drew. Rebecca really delivers and convinces in these scenes. At the end of the episode it is revealed that Elizabeth has had Franco institutionalized to prevent him from leaving Port Charles. Combined with the great material she had earlier in the year when Franco lied and said he was the serial killer Rebecca Herbst has great material for at least a nomination this year!

ReplyCopy URL
    alokin
    Participant
    Topics:

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Outstanding Lead Actress: Heather Tom (Katie Logan)
    Outstanding Music Composition/Direction for a Drama Series

The Forresters, Logans and Spencers all rally behind a gravely-ill Katie at the hospital, as she learns of her kidney failure diagnosis and need for a new kidney. Meanwhile, a perturbed Quinn urges Wyatt to reconsider all his options when he breaks news to her that he proposed to Sally.

Heather is so wonderfully convincing here, where Katie first wakes up, is confused about her situation and whereabouts, and is convinced she’s fit to go home even though her body is telling her otherwise. Once again, Patrick Mulcahey has crafted an absolute beauty of a script that perfectly blends all the drama with his trademark wit (the snappy repartee between Wyatt and meddlesome mom Quinn over his impromptu marriage proposal to Sally was a personal highlight!). With exquisite lines that Heather delivers to perfection, such as when Katie questions Bill, “at what point is it that you’re just going to think of me as a sack of spare parts?” and then, “who will I be when everything that’s damaged is replaced?” (and accompanied by that marvelous score; perhaps the most moving theme B&B has composed in recent memory), it’s hard not to feel compelled to tears.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I always have such a hard time with ballot placements. I will use Jon Lindstrom and Genie Francis as examples. They were both leads on GH early in the year but are clearly supporting players for the past 5-6 months. So which category should they be placed in? So many of the actors on soaps these days are borderline!

I haven’t been watching B&B so I have no idea who belongs where but I have educated guesses: Scott Clifton, Don Diamont and Thorsten Kaye, maybe Mark Hapka (I think that’s the name of the actor who plays Thomas Forrester?) for Lead Actor; Jacqueline MacInnes Wood, Annika Noelle (if she’s over 25?), and then everybody else seems borderline lead/support? Heather Tom? Katherine Kelly Lang?

On Days I would definitely place Arianne Zucker, Kristian Alfonso, Camila Banus in Lead Actress; for a fourth slot it’s hard to decide: Kassie DePaiva has had a tremendous amount of air dates, Melissa Reeves has had storyline this year that has felt lead, Linsey Godfrey’s Sarah has been on what seems to me every single day (but I dislike her intensely, so it probably just seems that way!). Lead Actor is really tough! Brandon Barash certainly, Greg Vaughan and Eric Martsolf have had enough episodes to justify lead placement, but everybody else feels borderline lead/supporting: Chandler Massey, Freddie Smith, Paul Telfer…

On GH there are some very clear leads: Maurice Benard, Steve Burton, Roger Howarth, Billy Miller, and then there are less clear ones like Jon Lindstrom (definitely had lead material the first five months). For Actresses there are the big 3: Kelly Monaco, Maura West and Laura Wright, with a case being possible for Genie Francis, Rebecca Herbst, Nancy Lee Grahn, Michelle Stafford, and Tamara Braun.

On Y&R surprisingly Peter Bergman hasn’t been on that very much this year. Eric Braeden and Jason Thompson are definitely leads, with Jordi Vilasuso, Mark Grossman (despite fewer air dates he certainly carried story), and Michael Mealor feeling like leads to me. Sharon Case is definitely lead, but what to make of Melody Thomas Scott, Melissa Clare Egan… I am drawing a blank! Everybody seems supporting to me in the female cast.

Just some thoughts early this Wednesday morning!

ReplyCopy URL
    alokin
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d say the only B&B actress that has consistently been Lead all year is Katherine Kelly Lang, though I fully expect Jacqueline MacInnes Wood, Annika Noelle and Heather Tom to also submit in Lead. Heather’s screen-time, though sporadic throughout the first half of the year, has picked up considerably since August and she’s currently driving major story; a submission in Lead is absolutely warranted. Katrina Bowden, Courtney Hope, Denise Richards, and Rena Sofer have all contributed wonderful supporting work so far this year.

Of the gents, Scott Clifton, Don Diamont and Thorsten Kaye should all submit in Lead (John McCook always shines in any scene he’s given, but he just hasn’t had the screen-time this year). Matthew Atkinson (who portrays Thomas Forrester), Darin Brooks, Ingo Rademacher and Aaron D. Spears effectively round out the supporting players.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 101 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.