Home Forums Daytime TV 2019 Citations for Daytime Emmy Submissions

2019 Citations for Daytime Emmy Submissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
22 hours ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
linecelts
alokin
  • FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

robbalto, it’s great to have you back! (:

I agree, combined with some of the Oscar’s death material this would be an excellent addition to his reel (:

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Best Guest Performer: Jen Ray (Chelsea, General Hospital)

Chelsea the psychic meets with Laura, who tries to trick her with asking about her brother “Jonathan”, but Chelsea has a message from Amy. She also has a message from her son, who is in grave danger (Laura calls Lucky and he is fine). Chelsea says not the one in Africa, the other son! (Nikolas). Later Chelsea talks to Ava and lets her know that Julian won’t be going anywhere! Fun, light, and entertaining, she’s been a blast to watch in this role! Definitely would make for a very different reel.

ReplyCopy URL
    linecelts
    Participant
    Topics:

August 12th

The Bold and the Beautiful
    Outstanding Lead Actress: Jacqueline MacInnes Wood (Steffy Forrester)

A tearful Steffy realize she must give Beth to Hope. She asked to hold Beth and tell her that Mommy needs to let you go. After Liam, Brooke and Hope leave with Beth, Steffy collapses to the floor in grief as Ridge holds her.

Jacqueline should submit this scene for next year’s Emmys

ReplyCopy URL
    alokin
    Participant
    Topics:

^^^ Jacquie slayed it in this episode! These last few weeks especially have featured so many poignant moments and impressive performances by everyone – Scott Clifton, Katherine Kelly Lang, Annika Noelle, Darin Brooks, Katrina Bowden, to name a few – but if I had to pick one scene that left me the most stirred, it’s here where Steffy comes to realize that she must let Phoebe go. Just beautiful, beautiful work from Jacquie!

ReplyCopy URL
    alokin
    Participant
    Topics:

Friday, August 16, 2019

The Young and the Restless

Outstanding Supporting Actress: Eva La Rue (Celeste Rosales)
    Outstanding Supporting Actor: Jordi Vilasuso (Rey Rosales)
    Outstanding Younger Actress: Sasha Calle (Lola Rosales)
    Outstanding Writing in a Drama Series
    Outstanding Art & Set Decoration

Kyle and Lola’s wedding day arrives.

Monday, August 19, 2019

The Young and the Restless

Outstanding Supporting Actor: Jordi Vilasuso (Rey Rosales)
    Outstanding Younger Actress: Sasha Calle (Lola Rosales)
    Outstanding Writing in a Drama Series
    Outstanding Art & Set Decoration
    Outstanding Music Composition/Direction for a Drama Series
    Outstanding Original Song for a Drama Series

Kyle and Lola’s wedding day takes an unexpected turn when Lola’s estranged father, Adrian, shows up.

I cited Eva primarily for the end of Friday’s episode, where Celeste first discovers Adrian at the ceremony and confronts him. Eva always brings so much authenticity to any scene she’s in.

Jordi and Sasha really shine in both episodes. There’s the sweet and tender side to each of their respective characters that Jordi and Sasha get to exhibit during the siblings’ heart-to-heart (wonderfully-written dialogue by Michael Conforti and Lynn Martin) right before the ceremony in Friday’s episode. That serves as a nice contrast to Rey and Lola’s interactions with Adrian in Monday’s episode, where Jordi skillfully portrays Rey in overprotective-brother mode and Sasha is marvelous in her display of Lola’s resolve despite the scars left on her from the years of abandonment by her father. The arresting piano score serves as the perfect backdrop to Lola and Adrian’s emotive conversation (once again, splendidly-written dialogue, this time by Jeff Beldner and Sara Endsley).

The art/scenic directors really outdid themselves with the stunning floral layout and lighting for the wedding ceremony and reception; the decadent rose arbors in particular are absolutely gorgeous!

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Friday, August 23, 2019

Best Drama Series: Days Of Our Lives
    Best Directing: Days Of Our Lives
    Best Writing: Days Of Our Lives
    Best Actress: Stacey Haiduk (Kristen and Susan, Days Of Our Lives)
    Best Supporting Actor: Greg Vaughan (Eric, Days Of Our Lives)

The big reveal episode that Nicole is really Kristen. The episode begins where yesterday’s left off, repeating John pulling the mask off.

I cite Greg Vaughan for Eric’s scenes particularly at the end where he pours his heart out.

And Stacey Haiduk was great today! I esp. love her as Susan. I loved that Susan saved the day! (:

Extremely well directed, written, produced and acted! (:

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.