Home Forums Daytime TV 2019 Daytim emmy nominations announced

2019 Daytim emmy nominations announced

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
EmmyLoser
linecelts
  • EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel better knowing that Chandler didn’t submit, though I wish he had.

I was listening to this week’s episode of Inside Salem: The Days of our Lives podcast, and Olivia Rose Keegan talked about submitting a lot of scenes between Claire and Ben. Specifically, she said her reel included the scenes of Claire trying to convince Ben to help her break up Tripp and Ciara, and also mentioned scenes between Claire and Theo from when he left at the start of the year.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Michael Fairman has promised to put the Emmy reels up but he has not said when he will do so. I imagine it will be soon since the awards are only a month away.

I really do wish they would tell us who did and did not submit in the four major categories.

I hope we learn what each of the shows submits for Series, Directing and Writing this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Still waiting for the Emmy reels to show up – anybody seen or heard anything, a date when they will be going up for us? I am really looking forward to them!

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t seen anything yet. The Daytime Emmy Twitter account and Facebook page seem largely preoccupied with wishing people a happy birthday.

ReplyCopy URL
    Scoopster
    Participant
    Topics:

Kassie DePaiva – submitted two episodes, the one where Eve confronts Ben in the park and attacks him for killing Paige. The 2nd was where Eve found out Brady was only marrying her as a ploy for Victor to get the money she had from Deimos.

She could not have submitted more perfect, those two episodes were her best episodes of 2018.

ReplyCopy URL
    linecelts
    Participant
    Topics:

I do like Kassie’s submission and she could win but I think her biggest competition is Mishael Morgan. I am eager to see what she’s going to submit and I have a strange feeling it’s going to be Hillary being in the hospital (losing the baby, death)

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

^my hunch is that Beth Maitland will win Supporting Actress but I would be happy if it were Kassie, Martha, Mishael or Beth! (: Wish they would put up the reels, maybe this week?

ReplyCopy URL
    gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Sara Gilbert has announced that she’s leaving the Talk, Could this lead voters into voting for The Talk for both Series and hosts

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

I believe all of the voting as already done when nominations were announced, so I don’t think Sara Gilbert’s announcement will have any impact on the outcome.

Kassie DePaiva was wonderful in the episode where Eve confronts Brady at the wedding, a really perfect episode choice for her. I’m less enthused about the confrontation with Ben. While the performance was good, the scenes felt off when I originally watched them. I think it was the way it was written, but focused too much on Eve’s anger with the proper balance of grief. Or at least that’s how it felt to me at the time.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

^Yes, there was only one round of voting so the winners were selected at the same time as the nominees. So why does it take them so long to reveal the winners?

Seriously I need Emmy reels to be up for us already! What is taking so long?

ReplyCopy URL
    linecelts
    Participant
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

Bullshit. These actors can go on podcasts and magazines interviews and discuss what scenes they submitted, but they want privacy?! Lies! This is coming from the same guy who got outted last year of being a one man band in the nominations and winning process and this move reeks of covering his ass.

ReplyCopy URL
    gatorman
    Participant
    Topics:

No reels guys: https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2019/04/daytime-emmys-actor-reels-no-release

This sucks!

Does anyone know if the Emmys will be on tv or streamed online this year?

ReplyCopy URL
    Scoopster
    Participant
    Topics:

They will be online. Which IMO is the better choice.

FROM EMMY WEBSITE:
    The 46th Annual Daytime Emmy(R) Awards on May 5th can be viewed LIVE on the following outlets

On The Web: emmyonline.tv

On Facebook: facebook.com/TheEmmys and facebook.com/DaytimeEmmyAwards

On Twitter: @TheEmmys and @DaytimeEmmys

On YouTube: youtube.com/TheEmmys

as well as on the KNEKT TV network (www.KNEKT.tv) on Apple TV, Roku, iOS and Android.

ReplyCopy URL
    Balthazar
    Participant
    Topics:

Kassie DePaiva for Best Supporting Actress!!!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.