Home Forums Daytime TV 2019 Daytim emmy nominations announced

2019 Daytim emmy nominations announced

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
EmmyLoser
linecelts
  • FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Since we won’t be seeing the Emmy reels this year, here are my “Will win/Could win/Should win” predictions!

Drama Series
    Will win: General Hospital
    Could win: Days Of Our Lives or The Young and the Restless
    Should win: Days Of Our Lives

Those 3 shows all could submit winning reels this year; I found Days to be the most consistent but the other two had better individual episodes they could submit. It all depends on what each show submitted.

Best Actor
    Will win: Jon Lindstrom
    Could win: Maurice Benard
    Should win: Jon Lindstrom

I think it’s between the two GH actors this year, with an outside chance for Peter Bergman. My gut feeling is that neither of the departed Days stars will win, but I have Tyler Christopher in 2nd place. I won’t be happy if Benard wins but I think they love the Alzheimer’s story and I am guessing his reel will include scenes from that storyline. Jon Lindstrom is definitely my choice for his Kevin and Ryan storyline.

Best Actress
    Will win: Maura West
    Could win: Marci Miller
    Should win: Maura West

Disappointed by the other 3 nominees in this category, although they are all excellent actresses there were better pre-nominees and other actresses who were more deserving of recognition. Marci Miller is no longer on Days but that doesn’t seem to matter to the blue ribbon panelists. Maura West for me is the only real choice for the Emmy this year and had brilliant performances throughout the year.

Best Supporting Actor
    Will win: Max Gail
    Could win: Bryton James
    Should win: Eric Martsolf

Eric Martsolf is the only one of the nominees who I would have chosen from the 10 pre-nominees. I am pretty much the only one who doesn’t care for Max Gail’s performances but I think the panelists will choose him. Very disappointed by this group of nominees but it looks like some of the better choices didn’t submit this year.

Best Supporting Actress
    Will win: Beth Maitland
    Could win: Mishael Morgan
    Should win: Beth Maitland

I would be very happy for Beth or Kassie DePaiva, or Mishael Morgan or Martha Madison – they submitted brilliant scenes that are Emmy-worthy. But my hunch is that Beth Maitland will win her 2nd Emmy 34 years after winning her first one – the scenes she chose for her reel were amazing and I had cited all of them as standout scenes throughout 2018. While Y&R didn’t do well this year in the nominations I think this is the category it will win this year.

Best Younger Actor
    Will win: Garen Stitt
    Could win: Lucas Adams or William Lipton
    Should win: Garen Stitt

I would be very happy with any of these 3 winning and unhappy if it went to either of the other two nominees. I think Oscar’s scenes when he learned he was dying will pull him into the winner’s circle. I would have particularly liked to see the Emmy reels in this category.

Best Younger Actress
    Will win: Chloe Lanier
    Could win: Hayley Erin or Eden McCoy
    Should win: Eden McCoy

I really will be happy no matter what with the winner in this category, the only one where all of my five choices got nominated! I think this will go a GH actress rather than a Days actress. Chloe Lanier’s maturity and talent will likely help her to repeat but I am rooting for Eden McCoy’s Josslyn – fortunately she will have another chance next year as she is doing Emmy caliber work in 2019 as well.

Best Guest Performer
    Will win: Kate Mansi
    Could win: Wayne Brady
    Should win: Kate Mansi

For me I would like to see Patricia Bethune or Kate Mansi win in this category. I was unimpressed by Wayne Brady but I did not see the beginning of his time on B&B. Thaao Penghlis imo overacts but the panel may be impressed (I assume he submitted the scenes with Abigail that led do his character’s death?). I hope Kate Mansi submitted that incredible scene with Tyler Christopher’s Stefan at the psychiatric ward (his best work in 2018 as well).

As for Directing and Writing it all depends on the submissions. I am thinking GH is going to have a really big year at this year’s Emmys, just like Days did last year, so I am predicting GH but truly have no idea without knowing what each show submitted!

ReplyCopy URL
    GHFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Victoria Konefal submitted some good scenes, but I feel like not what most expected. She submitted from early January where she was hungover from New Years and went off on Rafe for sleeping with Sami. She also submitted the scenes from I believe June where she confides in Kayla about her rape. And she said to add some contrast and some lighter scenes, she submitted the scenes after Ben surprised her by fixing her bike.

Olivia Rose Keegan submitted most of her scenes surrounding when her and Ben were working together and her manipulating him. She also submitted her goodbye to Theo from early in the year.

ReplyCopy URL
    linecelts
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a strange and HORRIBLE feeling GH will prevail this year because I don’t think DAYS will win Drama, Writing nor Directing. It also depends on what Y&R submits because I see them winning Writing; I have a feeling they submitted Hillary in the hospital (accident/losing the baby/death) and then there is Dina’s Alzheimer’s and then Jack’s reveal of not being an Abbott (I hope they didn’t submit this); they could win Drama with this but then there’s GH……Dina kidnapping Christian and playing Hide and Seek in the Suite was Directing but again there’s GH………

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by  linecelts.
    ReplyCopy URL
    youngsoapfan
    Participant
    Topics:

As much as I hate to say it, I see a complete Days shut-out this year sadly, I have found most years where they have multiple nominees in the same category, they rarely win, with the exceptions of a few lead actress award years recently. But of all those nominated from days, The 3 that I would most like to see pull off a win if possible, are marci miller, martha madison and victoria knoefal ( for sure the first 2, as victoria konefal is new, and definitely has other years to win still ) I am still a little upset that Drake Hogestyn didn’t make the cut, he hasn’t been the greatest actor on the show, mainly just the most popular through the 80’s and 90’s, but if there was any year that he deserved credit for his work, it was definitely this year during the DNR story.

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

It seems unusual for a show to get as much across-the-board support as DAYS did this year and get completely shut out. Though I feel somewhat adrift in trying to make predictions without really seeing the material, it would really surprise me if DAYS didn’t win anything on the big night.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.