Home Forums Daytime TV 2019 Daytime Emmy Awards: Who will Win Best Drama Series?

2019 Daytime Emmy Awards: Who will Win Best Drama Series?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
replies
views
users
linecelts
Ardejah Cat H..
VinceT
  • Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Participant
    Topics:

Here are the best drama series reels:

The Bold and the Beautiful
    Episodes #7789 and #7790
    Air Dates: March 5, 2018 | March 6, 2018
    Reel Synopsis: Seemingly everyone in town has a reason to want Bill Spencer dead. Bill asks Steffy to marry him, but Steffy refuses. Ridge becomes unhinged over Bill’s latest moves on Steffy and decides to take matters into his own hands. Katie Logan receives court papers indicating that Bill is suing her for full custody of their son. Pam is disgusted by Bill’s behavior, and she notes that Stephanie would never have allowed such a dangerous man to get near a Forrester. On a dark and stormy night, someone slips into Bill’s home and shoots him.

Days of our Lives
    Episodes #13321 and #13364
    Air Dates: April 16, 2018 | June 19, 2018
    Reel Synopsis: Trapped in her own troubled mind, Abigail struggles between two personas. This “Film Noir” style episode follows Abigail as she and her alter personality, Gabby, struggle for dominance. Confined within her unconscious, Abby encounters the long-dead Andre, who promises to unwind a suppressed mystery that will help her regain control of her soul.

This “Sliding Doors” themed episode features Eli and Lani as Lani undergoes an emergency C-section to save their baby. Unconscious, Lani fantasizes the perfect life she could have had with her newborn and her true love, J.J., the man she wanted to be the child’s father. In reality, Eli and Lani’s families rally around them as Lani fights for her life and for the baby’s. Eli, the baby’s actual father, looks on helplessly.

General Hospital
    Episodes #13990 and #14061
    Air Dates: February 9, 2018 | May 21, 2018
    Running Time:
    Reel Synopsis: Port Charles Police Department detective Nathan West has been killed in the line of duty. He will receive a police funeral with all appropriate honors. His wife, Maxie Jones, pregnant with their first child, must find the strength to attend the service, bolstered by her parents Mac and Felicia. Nathan will be eulogized by his sister, Nina Reeves, who is supported by her husband, Valentin. Nathan’s estranged mother, Dr. Liesl Obrecht, is also in attendance, as are other friends, including Police Commissioner Jordan Ashford and fellow officers Valerie and Dante. Also in attendance is Maxie’s best friend, Lulu. But Lulu played a pivotal role in Nathan’s death, and as the service concludes at graveside, Maxie unleashes the full force of her grief and fury on Lulu.

The General Hospital Nurses Ball is a storied tradition where the GH staff and the citizens of Port Charles come together to raise money for HIV and AIDS. Mike Corbin is struggling with Alzheimer’s. He takes the stage for an impromptu performance of “Summer Wind,” and when he forgets the song, his son, mob kingpin Sonny Corinthos, joins him on stage, and the two finish the song together. Meanwhile, widow Maxie Jones has unexpectedly gone into labor by the side of the road. Peter helps deliver the baby. Maxie has no idea that Peter is really Henrik Faison, who is responsible for her late husband’s death. Anna Devane is searching for Henrik, the son she gave up long ago. Medical student Kiki Jerome is being sexually harassed by Dr. Bensch. Kiki’s sole protector is Dr. Griffin Munro, who is dating Kiki’s mother, Ava. When Ava misinterprets a close moment between Griffin and Kiki, she takes revenge from the stage with a searing rendition of “You Don’t Own Me.”

The Young and the Restless
    Episodes
    Air Dates:
    Running Time:
    Reel Synopsis: The details of The Young and the Restless’ Emmy reel submissions for this category will be available later this week.

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I would need to know what Y&R submitted but based on the other 3 I am going with GH winning this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    linecelts
    Participant
    Topics:

Crap, I really would like to know what Y&R submitted. I really think GH is going to win this and I’m hoping I’m wrong

ReplyCopy URL
    Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Participant
    Topics:

GH might win but I’m still pulling for Days. Idk why they didn’t pick John and Marlena’s wedding. They could have easily won.

Idk what Y&R picked yet so I’m still undecided.

I liked B&Bs reel.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sean Phillips
    Participant
    Topics:

If Y&R went more cohesive I’d like them to win but it’s probably GH because the first episode is lights out. Also HOW DID STORMS GET SNUBBED????

ReplyCopy URL
    SoapFan88
    Participant
    Topics:

GH or Days for the win!!! I’m pulling for GH because I think their submissions are much better, despite the fact that Days had a better year start-to-finish. The Nurse’s Ball in particular this year was so brilliant, Sonny and Mike’s performance was so touching and MW brought the house down!

ReplyCopy URL
    Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Participant
    Topics:

Days might still win. They should have picked John and Marlena’s wedding. Omg those episodes were good. Ken, Albert, and Greg why would you guys pick something other than John and Marlena’s wedding. Smh

B&Bs submission would do better in directing. It’s a good reel still.

GH picked great. Nathan’s funeral was heartbreaking.

ReplyCopy URL
    linecelts
    Participant
    Topics:

We’re just waiting on Y&R’s reel……..😟😟😟😟😰😰😰😰

ReplyCopy URL
    VinceT
    Participant
    Topics:

GH has never won in the drama series category (14, 15, 18) when they pick the Nurses Ball as their second episode. It is too full of campy moments and it always costs them key votes. Frank always picks the perfect first episode with incredible dramatic effect (AJ reveal in 15, Jason return in 17, Nathan funeral in 19) but he just keeps killing his chances in the second episode choice. The singing and dancing doesn’t go over well to the panel. He shot himself in the foot at OLTL near the end and got snubbed a nom for the high school musical episodes. He got snubbed a nom three years later at GH to the short lived OLTL reboot for going all in on Nurses Ball. He won twice as the boss at GH in 16/17 and that is cause no Nurses Ball. If Frank had paired Nathan’s death episode WITH Nathan’s funeral episode, I have no doubt GH would win in a cakewalk. If GH pulls off the 14th drama series win, it will be on the strength of the first episode. And it was the best hour on daytime last year.

B&B is my pick to win at this moment. I really like they went with one story arch and those back to back episodes were very exciting. Brad has learned from his recent mistakes by not submitting any location shoot stuff. That belongs in the directing instead of drama category. B&B  just might win in the main show category since it looks like they have no hope on the acting front.

DOOL’s two episode submissions are the worst of the three soaps. I can’t believe they went with that silly ridiculous farce over the stronger impactful drama. Ken must be too focused on the Sony lawsuit.

Y&R has a good shot. The door is wide open to win. Although, Mal has submitted poorly the last two years.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  VinceT.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Participant
    Topics:

GH has never won in the drama series category (14, 15, 18) when they pick the Nurses Ball as their second episode. It is too full of campy moments and it always costs them key votes. Frank always picks the perfect first episode with incredible dramatic effect (AJ reveal in 15, Jason return in 17, Nathan funeral in 19) but he just keeps killing his chances in the second episode choice. The singing and dancing doesn’t go over well to the panel. He shot himself in the foot at OLTL near the end and got snubbed a nom for the high school musical episodes. He got snubbed a nom three years later at GH to the short lived OLTL reboot for going all in on Nurses Ball. He won twice as the boss at GH in 16/17 and that is cause no Nurses Ball. If Frank had paired Nathan’s death episode WITH Nathan’s funeral episode, I have no doubt GH would win in a cakewalk. If GH pulls off the 14th drama series win, it will be on the strength of the first episode. And it was the best hour on daytime last year.

B&B is my pick to win at this moment. I really like they went with one story arch and those back to back episodes were very exciting. Brad has learned from his recent mistakes by not submitting any location shoot stuff. That belongs in the directing instead of drama category. B&B just might win in the main show category since it looks like they have no hope on the acting front.

DOOL’s two episode submissions are the worst of the three soaps. I can’t believe they went with that silly ridiculous farce over the stronger impactful drama. Ken must be too focused on the Sony lawsuit.

Y&R has a good shot. The door is wide open to win. Although, Mal has submitted poorly the last two years.

What did Y&R pick for their reels

ReplyCopy URL
    VinceT
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t know. Still not listed. I was just saying they are in good shape based on what the other three submitted. DOOL has no shot in my opinion. GH will be hurt a bit by the second episode. B&B selected very well for them, but it’s still very beatable.

ReplyCopy URL
    Djoko
    Participant
    Topics:

I hated the Days episode with Lani dreaming in the hospital. I actually hate all of Lani and Eli’s scenes. They really submitted horribly this year. Someone dropped the ball big time.

ReplyCopy URL
    youngsoapfan
    Participant
    Topics:

I actually liked the Lani dreaming in the hospital sequence, however I think it would have made a better directing submission, than series submission, I do however prefer it to the submission of Marci Miller in abstract mode. I like Marci Miller and hoped she would win ( only cuz of this storyline ) but I don’t see that happening now, based on what she submitted.

ReplyCopy URL
    linecelts
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok guys. This is what Y&R submitted:

The Young and the Restless
    Episodes #11408, #11538
    Air Dates:
    Running Time:
    Reel Synopsis: Having learned that Victoria and JT have broken up, Sharon organizes an impromptu girl’s night, bringing together the unlikely group of Phyllis, Nikki, Mariah, and herself to support Victoria in her time of need. After a few margaritas, Victoria starts to feel comfortable around the women, and opens up about the abuse she faced at JT’s hands. Moved by Victoria’s plight, the women band around her in support. Emotional off a deep talk with her mother, Victoria heads upstairs to freshen up, and is shocked to discover that JT has broken in, and is waiting for her in her room. He begs Victoria to take him back, but she refuses, insisting that they’re done. As their discussion escalates, horrified Victoria realizes that JT tried to murder her father, and moves to call the police. When JT attempts to stop her with force, the other women hear the scuffle from downstairs. Rushing to her daughter’s aid, Nikki hits JT with a fireplace poker, and he falls to the ground, lifeless.

The Abbott family reels with shock over the discovery that Ashley faked her brother Jack’s paternity test, tricking him into thinking he wasn’t a biological Abbott, even though he was really John Abbott’s son all along. Despite Jack’s anger, Ashley insists that her actions were justified, and Jack deserved them for using Ashley’s illegitimate parentage to push her out of the family business. Furious, Jack declares her actions unforgivable, throwing a chair through a glass window and destroying the CEO office, to symbolize their shattered relationship. Meanwhile, Nikki, Victoria, Phyllis and Sharon react with horror to the blackmail threats they’ve been receiving from someone claiming to know the truth about JT’s murder. The women argue over what to do, but eventually resolve not to pay, determined to call the blackmailer’s bluff.

Hmmmmm. Don’t know. Good episodes but don’t think it’s good enough to win. What do you guys think? I was hoping they would submit Hillary’s death which I have a feeling they submitted this for Writing.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by  linecelts.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by  linecelts.
    ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I simply do not get how Amelia Heinle did not get a Best Actress nomination for her work in 2018. The first of the two episodes in the Drama Series category was her best performance ever, and I don’t even like Victoria!

These two submissions are Emmy gold and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Y&R wins – it’s so close between GH and Y&R, they are the two best submissions this year. I am really conflicted as to which show will win now. (btw, I will be really upset if B&B wins this year, it was awful in 2018, but do the judges know this?).

Days did not submit their best material – I think the DNR storyline was their best work.

I am tempted to switch to Y&R now – really not sure!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.