Home Forums Daytime TV 2019 Daytime Emmy Awards: Who will Win Best Drama Series?

2019 Daytime Emmy Awards: Who will Win Best Drama Series?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
linecelts
Ardejah Cat H..
VinceT
  • VinceT
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok guys. This is what Y&R submitted: The Young and the Restless Episodes #11408, #11538 Air Dates: Running Time: Reel Synopsis: Having learned that Victoria and JT have broken up, Sharon organizes an impromptu girl’s night, bringing together the unlikely group of Phyllis, Nikki, Mariah, and herself to support Victoria in her time of need. After a few margaritas, Victoria starts to feel comfortable around the women, and opens up about the abuse she faced at JT’s hands. Moved by Victoria’s plight, the women band around her in support. Emotional off a deep talk with her mother, Victoria heads upstairs to freshen up, and is shocked to discover that JT has broken in, and is waiting for her in her room. He begs Victoria to take him back, but she refuses, insisting that they’re done. As their discussion escalates, horrified Victoria realizes that JT tried to murder her father, and moves to call the police. When JT attempts to stop her with force, the other women hear the scuffle from downstairs. Rushing to her daughter’s aid, Nikki hits JT with a fireplace poker, and he falls to the ground, lifeless. The Abbott family reels with shock over the discovery that Ashley faked her brother Jack’s paternity test, tricking him into thinking he wasn’t a biological Abbott, even though he was really John Abbott’s son all along. Despite Jack’s anger, Ashley insists that her actions were justified, and Jack deserved them for using Ashley’s illegitimate parentage to push her out of the family business. Furious, Jack declares her actions unforgivable, throwing a chair through a glass window and destroying the CEO office, to symbolize their shattered relationship. Meanwhile, Nikki, Victoria, Phyllis and Sharon react with horror to the blackmail threats they’ve been receiving from someone claiming to know the truth about JT’s murder. The women argue over what to do, but eventually resolve not to pay, determined to call the blackmailer’s bluff. Hmmmmm. Don’t know. Good episodes but don’t think it’s good enough to win. What do you guys think? I was hoping they would submit Hillary’s death which I have a feeling they submitted this for Writing.

Y&R is going to win next Sunday.

The first episode is a picture perfect way to summarize the domestic violence story in one hour. It all went straight to campy hell the next ten months, but it was stellar drama for that one day. Mal Young was able to capture the emotional and physical damage to a tee.The second episode was also the one great dramatic point of another story that was in the garbage can. It’s no wonder the show got snubbed so badly on the acting front this year with only four nominees. But they picked the two golden needles in a haystack of crap in the drama series category.

1. Y&R

2. B&B/GH

4. DOOL

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  VinceT.
    • This reply was modified 4 months ago by  VinceT.
    ReplyCopy URL
    linecelts
    Participant
    Topics:

I simply do not get how Amelia Heinle did not get a Best Actress nomination for her work in 2018. The first of the two episodes in the Drama Series category was her best performance ever, and I don’t even like Victoria!

These two submissions are Emmy gold and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Y&R wins – it’s so close between GH and Y&R, they are the two best submissions this year. I am really conflicted as to which show will win now. (btw, I will be really upset if B&B wins this year, it was awful in 2018, but do the judges know this?).

Days did not submit their best material – I think the DNR storyline was their best work.

I am tempted to switch to Y&R now – really not sure!

I’m still upset over Amelia Heinle snub too. I did not understand why she didn’t make the final nominations, I thought she did an excellent job with this storyline. Thad Luckinbill should have been nominated too. This was Y&R’s best episode too. They probably submitted the ladies burying JT in the park for Directing. I still think they submitted Hillary’s death for Writing; either way I think they will win Writing. I really like what B&B submitted and would be fine and happy with them winning. It was a good reel. I really hope GH doesn’t win 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

1. Y&R
    2. GH
    2. B&B
    4. DAYS

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  linecelts.
    • This reply was modified 4 months ago by  linecelts.
    ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.