Home Forums Daytime TV 2019 Daytime Emmy Awards: Who will Win Guest performance?

2019 Daytime Emmy Awards: Who will Win Guest performance?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
linecelts
Ardejah Cat H..
  • Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Participant
    Topics:

Here are the guest performance reels:

Philip Anthony-Rodriguez ( Miguel Garcia, Days of our Lives)
    Episodes
    Air Dates: Thursday, March 29, 2018 | Tuesday, April 10, 2018 | Thursday, April 26, 2018 | Friday, April 27, 2018 | Friday, May 25, 2018
    Running Time: 8:54
    Reel Synopsis: Miguel tells Chloe that his boss wants her to perform in an opera that is being put together in Mexico. Miguel and Lucas argue over what is best for Chloe. After Chloe again rejects his offer, Miguel pulls a gun on her. Held against her will, Chloe begs Miguel to allow her to make a phone call to her son. Mateo enters the room and shoots Miguel.

Patricia Bethune ( Mary Pat Ingles, General Hospital)
    Episodes
    Air Dates: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 | Tuesday, June 26, 2018 | Friday, July 20, 2018 | Tuesday, October 30, 2018
    Running Time: 12:25
    Reel Synopsis: Carly meets Nurse Mary Pat, the supervising nurse at Ferncliff, and they don’t start off on the right foot. Mary Pat demands to read Carly’s diary then tells her that Jason Morgan was caught poking around the facility. Mary Pat orders Carly not to engage with the patient in the next room. She later returns and drugs Carly for disobeying her. Mary Pat tells Carly that a Dr. Lasiris will make Carly “forever changed.” Mary Pat threatens to expose that “Kevin” has been keeping Ryan Chamberlain holed up at Ferncliff.

Wayne Brady ( Reese Buckingham, The Bold and the Beautiful)
    Episodes
    Air Dates: Friday, November 30, 2018 | Friday, December 7, 2018 | Tuesday, December 11, 2018 | Wednesday, December 12, 2018 | Thursday, December 13, 2018 | Thursday, December 20, 2018 | Monday, December 24, 2018
    Running Time: 10:14
    Reel Synopsis: Reese arrives in Los Angeles from London and announces that he plans to spend a lot of time with his daughter, Zoe. Reese meets Taylor for the first time and tells her that if she ever needs someone to talk to, he’d be available. Reese takes an interest in Taylor and says that he feels like something is bothering her. Zoe questions her dad about his interest in Taylor. Reese interrupts an argument between Brooke and Taylor and tells Brooke not to speak to Taylor that way. Reese urges Taylor to lean on him in her time of need. Reese learns of Steffy’s desire to adopt a child.

Kate Mansi ( Abigail Deveraux, Days of our Lives)
    Episodes
    Air Dates: Friday, November 30, 2018 | Monday, December 3, 2018 | Friday, December 7, 2018 | Monday, December 10, 2018
    Running Time: 13:50
    Reel Synopsis: Abigail tells Chad she will never forgive him and begs him to help her get out of Bayview. “Gabby” professes her love for Stefan and tells him about Chad’s visit. Talking to herself, Abigail says she believes that Stefan bought her act about being “Gabby” again. Later, Stefan tells Abigail that he’s working on getting her released and gives her a wig so that she’ll feel more like herself. Gabi is shocked to see Abigail out of jail. “Gabby” tells Chad that he is not Abigail’s savior anymore.

Thaao Penghlis ( Andre DiMera, Days of our Lives)
    Episodes
    Air Dates: Monday, April 16, 2018 | Thursday, January 18, 2018
    Running Time: 4:29
    Reel Synopsis: Andre tries to lead Abigail to the truth about who killed him. Andre tells Kate that he loves her.

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I am predicting Kate Mansi will win a 2nd Emmy but watch out for Patricia Bethune. I don’t get why Philip Anthony-Rodriguez was nominated, his material was dull in my opinion. The description of Wayne Brady’s submission didn’t excite me at all ): If he gets a name recognition Emmy I will be disappointed (and why weren’t Hunter Tylo and Kelly Kruger nominated? Grrr!)

ReplyCopy URL
    linecelts
    Participant
    Topics:

I really think Kate Mansi has this ❤️

ReplyCopy URL
    Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Participant
    Topics:

Get your Emmy Kate Mansi!!!!!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Sean Phillips
    Participant
    Topics:

I never get this category right so I’ll just throw a dart at a list the day before.

ReplyCopy URL
    SoapFan88
    Participant
    Topics:

Kate Mansi deserves the trophy imo!!! I think she will win. Like FreemanGriffin said, though, Patricia Bethune could upset.

ReplyCopy URL
    Daniel Montgomery
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I was able to watch these reels a couple of days ago. It’s Kate Mansi by a mile going by the submissions. She submitted a better (and longer reel) than Marci Miller did in the Best Actress race. But I wouldn’t count out Wayne Brady (his scenes are so-so, but Emmys love him) or Patricia Bethune (character actors do well here, and she gets a juicy role even if the performance isn’t that showy).

Thaao Penghlis‘s performance is good, but it’s mostly Abby’s dream sequence stuff, and his reel is only 4 minutes long, so I don’t think he’s really in it. Philip Anthony-Rodriguez is a nonstarter. He hardly has any character at all to play.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.