Home Forums Daytime TV 2019 Daytime Emmy Awards: Who will Win lead Actress

2019 Daytime Emmy Awards: Who will Win lead Actress

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
Ardejah Cat H..
linecelts
FreemanGriffin
  • Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Participant
    Topics:

Here are the Lead Actress reels:

Marci Miller ( Abigail Deveraux, Days of our Lives)
    Episodes
    Air Dates: Tuesday, May 8, 2018; Monday, February 19, 2018; Tuesday, April 3, 2018; Wednesday, April 4, 2018
    Running Time: 13:36
    Reel Synopsis: Abby breaks down when she realizes that she killed Andre. Abigail’s alternate personality, Gabby, attempts to frame Stefan for Andre’s murder. Abigail’s alters fight over what they feel is in Abigail’s best interest. Dr. Laura confronts Marlena and tells her that Abigail isn’t ready to hear the truth yet.

Heather Tom ( Katie Logan, The Bold and the Beautiful)
    Episodes
    Air Dates: Friday, August 31, 2018; Friday, September 28, 2018; Tuesday, October 2, 2018
    Running Time: 10:06
    Reel Synopsis: Katie tells Bill that his absentee parenting is detrimental to their son, Will. Katie testifies at a custody hearing and presents a calendar that shows all the times that Bill didn’t show up for visits with Will. Katie defends her decision to seek sole custody as the only way to protect the well-being of her child. Katie and Bill have an emotional discussion after the judge rules in Katie’s favor.

Maura West ( Ava Jerome, General Hospital)
    Episodes
    Air Dates: Thursday, November 29, 2018; Friday, November 30, 2018; Monday, December 3, 2018; Monday, December 10, 2018
    Running Time: 12:39

Reel Synopsis: Ava slaps Griffin and refuses to believe that Kiki has been murdered. She later goes to the Haunted Star and orders her daughter to open her eyes and wake up. Ava regrets the way that she treated Kiki prior to her murder. A grieving Ava points a gun at Griffin and blames him for destroying her relationship with Kiki. Ava explains to Avery that Kiki was hurt “so badly” that she won’t be able to be with them anymore. At Kiki’s grave, Ava lashes out at everyone for believing that she “deserved” to lose Kiki.

Jacqueline MacInnes Wood ( Steffy Forrester, The Bold and the Beautiful)
    Episodes
    Air Dates: Tuesday, January 2, 2018; Wednesday, January 3, 2018; Monday, June 4, 2018; Monday, January 15, 2018; Tuesday, July 24, 2018; Friday, August 3, 2018
    Running Time: 13:45
    Reel Synopsis: During a heated exchange with Liam, Steffy reveals that she slept with his father, Bill. Steffy recounts how she’d gotten to the point where she slept with Bill and begs Liam to forgive her. Steffy gives birth to a beautiful baby girl. Liam takes off his wedding ring and presents Steffy with annulment papers. Steffy visits Bill and rages over catching Liam and Hope together. A calm and composed Steffy tells Liam that she is done chasing after him because she is putting their daughter first.

Laura Wright ( Carly Corinthos, General Hospital)
    Episodes
    Air Dates: Monday, March 26, 2018; Thursday, August 16, 2018; Friday, April 20, 2018; Friday, June 1, 2018; Friday, June 29, 2018; Monday, July 30, 2018; Tuesday, August 7, 2018
    Running Time: 11:50

Reel Synopsis: Carly talks to Jason about how much she misses Morgan. Carly talks to her daughter, Josslyn, and tells her that she will never stop loving her. Though Carly insists that someone is messing with her, Sonny fears that she’s losing her mind. In jail, Carly insists that she didn’t push Nelle down the stairs and worries that Nelle will get her hooks into Michael. Carly tells Kevin how important Jason is to her, and how he loves her no matter what she does. Carly tells Jason what she had to endure while being held at Ferncliff. Carly visits a handcuffed and calls Nelle a “vile, deranged sociopath.”

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Maura West is going to win, but I must say that Marci Miller and Jacqueline MacInnes Wood submitted great material as well. I will simply SCREAM if Heather Tom wins yet another Emmy – five is enough! I actually don’t like the material she submitted very much but I don’t care about Katie at all. I would need to see Laura Wright’s submission to know how it “plays”. Maura is in my opinion the best actress working on daytime these days and deserves to win for her work in 2018. (She also submitted way better than she did last year; she did not submit her very best material and lost to Eileen Davidson as a result of that mistake in my opinion).

ReplyCopy URL
    linecelts
    Participant
    Topics:

I really do like and respect Maura West because she is a terrific actress and her reel was excellent. I do agree about Jacqueline MacInnes Woods and Marci Miller having great reels. I really don’t think Maura West is going to win, we might see an upset and it could be either Woods or Miller winning.

ReplyCopy URL
    SoapFan88
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Maura West. I also love Marci Miller. Miller had a better year overall— she had consistently amazing material and put in some great performances. I went back and watched the scenes both she and MW submitted….and I must say that I think her reel is pretty lackluster. It lacks any “big moment,” and focuses too much on the abstract elements of the DID storyline. MW submitted flawlessly. It’s interesting to me that she used NONE of the standalone episode…it’s not a bad choice. I loved that episode, but this way, her reel is entirely about Kiki; it’s very cohesive.

Yeah, so for me, MW is legit miles above the rest, with JMW in second, LW in third, MM in fourth, and HT in fifth (with a reel that just about put me to sleep, frankly).

ReplyCopy URL
    Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d be ok with Marci or Maura winning but I can’t count Heather or Jacqueline out. The voters aren’t really Keen on the over the top stuff.

I only watch GH to see Ava Jerome. I love the character. She’s a force of nature. Maura plays her so good.

Marci might win as well. She’s playing 3 different characters who act nothing alike. She’s showing great versatility here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sean Phillips
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah it’s Maura’s this and next years. Next year she has the bridge scene with Francis which Jesus Christ …

ReplyCopy URL
    SoapFan88
    Participant
    Topics:

5. Heather Tom, BB
    Listen…I know she’s a good actress. She does decent work in this reel. It’s emotionally powerful and she showcases a few different aspects of her character. But, in my opinion, it’s simply a snoozefest. This isn’t an Emmy reel, and I’m upset that she was nominated over someone like Amelia Heinle or Eileen Davidson.
    4. Marci Miller, DAYS
    I’m very torn about this reel. I liked Marci Miller in the DID storyline as it aired. But this reel is too abstract and is a better Best Show submission than a Best Actress one— she simply doesn’t do much acting at all, in my opinion. Where are the confrontation scenes with Gabi!? Imo, Marci chose to submit flashy scenes rather than ones that show her skill. You’d think a reel about DID would at least let her show her versatility, but MW shows more versatility in her reel, and she’s only playing one character! Lol. Still, it’s a baity reel choice and she might be able to win a farewell Emmy.
    3. Laura Wright, GH
    This is classic Laura Wright work. My jaw wasn’t on the floor, but there is a definite emotional impact. The first scene in particular is quite touching— even though I’m immensely annoyed that everyone is still harping on Morgan. I enjoyed the scene with Joss too. But it’s not a cohesive reel; the scenes feel very separate, and it doesn’t showcase anything new.
    2. Jacqueline MacInnes Wood, BB
    She submitted perfectly! I’m not typically a very big fan of hers, but she is uncharacteristically impressive in this reel. Her scene partners are all solid and enhance her performance without stealing or diverging attention…I’m really pleased with this reel. JMW is winning me over a little bit! Lol! This reel ends on a high note; the last scene is sophisticated and shows a lot of restraint. It contrasts nicely with the more emotionally intense scenes earlier. I could see her pulling an upset! I would be a little disappointed, but she’d be a deserving winner in almost any other year!
    1. Maura West, GH
    She is the titan of daytime television right now, and no one makes the death of a child feel more real than MW. The bodybag scene is so incredibly difficult to watch (and even listen to— her cries are so guttural and touching)…I could feel her pain. And just as I worried her reel was going to be one-note, then came along the scene with Avery. I was in tears all over again. MW played every layer of Ava’s grief…And that final scene, when Ava hand her hands in the dirt, a chill ran down my spine. This is the most impactful Emmy reel I have watched in years. Bravo MW! If she doesn’t walk away with the trophy, it’s a travesty.

I know people will root for MM or JMW, because it’s always exciting to have someone win in the category for the first time, and both of these girls have put in admirable effort over the past year. But I would encourage everyone to try and suppress the “shiny new toy” syndrome and watch these reels for what they truly are. MW undoubtedly comes out on top, in my opinion.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by  SoapFan88.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 4 weeks ago by  SoapFan88.
    ReplyCopy URL
    linecelts
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree that Maura West was stellar in her reel but I still think we’re going to get an upset win like last year when Eileen Davidson won which I was rejoicing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Participant
    Topics:

If Maura or Marci or Jacqueline wins I’d be ok.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tony Ruiz
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Again, I’ve watched all the reels.

West is winning this. It’s as good an Emmy reel as I’ve ever seen. No one else even comes close. The person who submitted the worst was Miller. She could have done so much better. She was better in Flynn and Christopher’s reels than her own. A wasted opportunity. Tom was fine, but the story was dull. Wright submitted well, but the reel never pays off. Some of the scenes build up, but then move on before we get that money moment. Wood’s was too much ugly crying. Too one note. She’s down at the bottom for me.

West wins, with Wright in second.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Where are people WATCHING the reels? I haven’t been able to find them. I saw most of the scenes back when they first aired but reels play differently than reading about them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tony Ruiz
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I got press access in order to cover them for Goldderby.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Participant
    Topics:

If past Daytime Emmy presentations have shown us expect the unexpected.

There were certain faves who the public thought should win this award, but they didn’t.

1978: Laurie Heinemann (ex Sharlene, AW) won for Sharlene telling Russ about her past as a prostitute. Others thought co stars Beverlee McKinsey (ex Iris) or Victoria Wyndham (ex Rachel) should have won.

1987: Kim Zimmer (ex Reva, GL) won for Revas attempted suicide and a black and white fantasy episode at the Haunted Hearts, but most thought that Elizabeth Hubbard (ex Lucinda, ATWT) should have won for Lucinda being blackmailed over Lily’s paternity.

1993: Most would have thought Ellen Dolan (ex Margo, ATWT) would have won for Margo’s rape but Linda Dano (ex Felicia, AW) won for Felica losing Lucas and Felicia’s alcoholism storyline.

1998: A few were upset that Eileen Davidson (ex Kristen/Susan/Thomas/Penelope/Sister Mary Moria, Days) would have won for Kristen admitting to John that she faked her pregnancy over Cynthia Watros’ (ex Annie, GL) Annie for Annie’s courtroom breakdown and her meltdown at Cross Creek.

2001: A few were shocked when Martha Byrne (ex Lily/Rose, ATWT) won for Lily and Rose finding out they’re twins over Susan Lucci’s (ex Erica, AMC) Erica dealing with Bianca’s coming out.

2014: Most had Heather Tom (Katie, B&B) panned as the winner for her brilliant performance as Katie ripped into Bill and Brooke for their tryst, but Eileen Davidson (ex Kristen, Days) won for her confrontation with Marlena after her and Brady’s aborted wedding.

2016: Alot of people were shocked that Mary Beth Evans (Kayla, Days) won for Kayla telling Bo he doesn’t have long to live and Kayla and Steve being locked in a closet together over Kassie Depiva (Eve, Days) as Eve dealt with Paige’s death.

2017: It was no shocker to me that Gina Tognoni (Phyllis, Y&R) won for her brilliant courtroom scenes confronting Victor for hiring Marco to portray as Jack/ Jack confronts Phyllis for sleeping with Billy over Laura Wright (Carly, GH), Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis, GH), and Maura West (Ava, GH).

2018: Few were shocked that Eileen Davidson (Ashley, Y&R) (I wasn’t shocked I told all she would win) won for Ashley’s paternity coming to light over Maura, Nancy, and Laura.

I think we’re in for another shocker.

Sometimes the person who you think will win won’t win just because the majority thinks they will.

Idk who the lucky lady will be as of now but I’m telling you it won’t be who you think it’ll be.

I’m pulling for Maura or Marci, but what do I know.

ReplyCopy URL
    linecelts
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m starting to think about Jacqueline MacInnes Wood………She might pull an upset win! I really don’t see B&B doing well at the Emmys but I could possibly see an upset here or possibly Drama Series because there reel is actually good.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

My rankings;

1. Maura West
    2. Marci Miller
    3. Jacqueline MacInnes Wood
    4. Laura Wright
    5. Heather Tom

Last year all 4 categories I got wrong went to my #2 (Eileen, James, Greg and Rome).

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.