Home Forums Daytime TV 2019 Daytime Emmy Awards: Who will Win lead Actress

2019 Daytime Emmy Awards: Who will Win lead Actress

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Ardejah Cat H..
linecelts
FreemanGriffin
  • Tony Ruiz
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I think Miller would have had a stronger shot if she had submitted better. But her reel is just not good. As I said before, she is much better during Flynn and Christopher’s reel than she is in her own.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

The “shocker” will be Marci Miller edging out Maura West.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kendall
    Participant
    Topics:

There will be no upset… West reel is just too good and way superior than the submission she had last year.

GH may sweep the Lead categories. Maura has best reel out the lineup so she should win with ease.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by  Kendall.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Participant
    Topics:

I guess we’ll find out next Sunday

ReplyCopy URL
    syrus80
    Participant
    Topics:

I want Marci to win but Maura is one of my top 10 daytime actresses ever and always delivers…

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Maura West is one of the most overrated actresses in daytime, and that says a lot. I find her even more overrated than Heather Tom. I don’t find her overacting appealing at all. Kassie DePaiva basically had a similar reel and still lost, but Kassie was much better in hers.

ReplyCopy URL
    linecelts
    Participant
    Topics:

I can compare Maura to Tony Geary as the most overrated actors. The contrast is I like and respect Maura, I don’t respect Tony Geary

ReplyCopy URL
    Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve noticed in the past voters don’t respond too well to overacted or over the top material. That’s why Nancy Lee Grahn or Laura Wright haven’t won in awhile. No matter how powerful or how much they “brought it” Ott reels never win. Alot of screaming and hollering (not within range) would be enough for me to not vote for someone.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Participant
    Topics:

If I was voting throughout the years this is who I would have voted for…

1974: Elizabeth Hubbard as Dr. Althea Davis, The Doctors (NBC)

1975: Susan Flannery as Dr. Laura Horton, Days (NBC)

1976: Helen Gallagher as Maeve Ryan, RH (ABC)

1977: Beverlee McKinsey as Iris Carrington, AW (NBC) but Helen Gallagher won.

1978: Laurie Heineman as Sharlene Frame Matthews, AW (NBC) (Sharlene telling Russ about her past as a prostitute was riveting)

1979: Irene Dailey as Liz Matthews, AW (NBC) (I heard she won for an argument with Ada I’m not sure)

1980: Judith Light as Karen Wolek, OLTL (ABC) (those courtroom scenes where she’s admitting to being a whore was everything)

1981: Judith Light as Karen Wolek, OLTL (ABC) (I wonder did her win have anything to do with the brainwashing storyline with Dr Ivan)

1982: Robin Strasser as Dorian Lord Callison, OLTL (ABC) (I wonder if she won for finding out Cassie was her daughter by David Renaldi)

1983: Dorthy Lyman as Opal Gardner, AMC (ABC) (I often wonder if she won for finding out about Sam and Jenny)

1984: Erika Slezak as Viki Buchanan, OLTL (ABC) (Viki finds out about Clint and Echo)

1985: Kim Zimmer as Reva Shayne Lewis, GL (CBS) (The episode after she crowns herself the slut of Springfield, Reva begs Josh to finish her off and take the last little bit of dignity she has and then she’s comforted by HB)

1986: Erika Slezak as Viki Buchanan/Niki Smith, OLTL (ABC) (Viki finding out that Tina’s her sister and the whole Niki Smith storyline was entertaining as it gets)

1987: Kim Zimmer as Reva Shayne, GL (CBS) (even though I liked Elizabeth Hubbard’s reel, but Reva telling Fletcher about her suicide attempt was heartbreaking and she put the black & white fantasy episode of her singing on there)

1988: Helen Gallagher as Maeve Ryan, RH (ABC) (I liked Erika and Elizabeth’s reel but Maeve tearfully talking to a comatose John was heartfelt)

1989: Marcy Walker as Eden Capwell, SB (NBC) Eden’s rape was so heartbreaking she totally deserved it.

1990: Kim Zimmer as Reva Shayne Lewis, GL (CBS) ( hearing Reva telling Pharaoh, who almost raped her years earlier how it happened felt real and poignant)

1991: Finola Hughes as Anna Devane, GH (ABC) (Anna explaining sex to Casey the alien wasn’t over acted it was just right.)

1992: Erika Slezak as Viki Buchanan, OLTL (ABC) (who wouldn’t have voted for Viki losing Megan. That episode was heartbreaking and it felt reel)

1993: Linda Dano as Felicia Gallant Castigliona, AW (NBC) (Lorna confronts Felicia about her alcohol problem felt so real. Linda did that storyline justice)

1994: Hillary B. Smith as Nora Gannon, OLTL (ABC) (after having a conversation with Marty in the bathroom, Nora goes into the courtroom and gives a powerful performance. She would have definitely had my vote)

1995: Erika Slezak as Viki Carpenter, OLTL (ABC) (Viki marries Sloan and then she gets the shock of her life when Dorian tells about her father raping her as a kid)

1996: Erika Slezak as Viki Carpenter/Niki Smith/Jean Randolph/Tommy/Tori/Victor Lord/Princess, OLTL (ABC)(Viki telling her family about her father raping and killing her and during her remembering killing Victor was as good as it gets)

1997: Jess Walton as Jill Abbott, Y&R (CBS) (Jill explaining to Ryan that she didn’t shoot Victor and John confronting Jill for her affair with Jed Sanders were greatly acted)

1998: Cynthia Watros’ as Annie Dutton Lewis, GL (Annie’s wedding day massacre to Alan and the meltdown at Cross Creek after her her miscarriage were epic. Even though Eileen Davidson had a stellar reel there’s no way this reel was gonna be ignored)

1999: Susan Lucci as Erica Kane, AMC (ABC) (Even though I liked Kim’s reel Susan finally picked a good reel with Erica dealing with Bianca’s anorexia.)

2000: Susan Flannery as Stephanie Forrester, B&B (CBS) (There was no way Susan was gonna lose for Stephanie blasting Brooke for relationship with Thorne. It was scary but good)

2001: Martha Byrne as Lily Snyder/Rose D’Angelo, ATWT (CBS) (There’s no way Martha was going to lose for Lily finding out that Rose is her twin sister. She made them so different.)

2002: Susan Flannery as Stephanie Forrester, B&B (CBS) (She won for her argument with Morgan. That reel was scary as hell)

2003: Susan Flannery as Stephanie Forrester, B&B (CBS) (If she had lost for Stephanie finding out that Ridge was Massimo’s son I would have lost it)

2004: Michelle Stafford as Phyllis Summer’s Abbott, Y&R (CBS) (Phyllis snapped on Jack for hiring someone to manipulate her was magnificent.)

2005: Erika Slezak as Viki Banks, OLTL (ABC) (Viki dealing with Ben’s death and the heart transplant was so heartbreaking to me. I cried watching it)

2006: Kim Zimmer as Reva Lewis, GL (CBS) (there was no way Kim was going to lose she had the best reels with Revas menopause and her telling Josh that he’s not enough for her)

2007: Maura West as Carly Tenney, ATWT (CBS) (I’m sure the whole pannel voted for Carly and Jack’s breakup. It hits you right in the heart)

2008: Nicole Forester as Cassie Winslow, GL (CBS) (Cassie confronting Alan about Tammy’s death was heartbreaking, but the academy gave it to Jeanne Cooper for Katherine telling Jill she gave her baby away)

2009: Susan Haskell as Dr. Marty Saybrooke, OLTL (ABC) (I liked Debbie Morgan’s reel but Haskell brought it for pulling a gun on Todd for using her)

2010: Maura West as Carly Tenney, ATWT (CBS) (Carly’s alcohol storyline was phenomenal. The tears and the anger felt so real)

2011: Michelle Stafford as Phyllis Summer’s, Y&R (CBS) (I was crushed about Laura Wright winning for confronting Dante for telling the court that Michael killed Claudia. I was sure Stafford would win for Phyllis breakup with Nick)

2012: Heather Tom as Katie Logan Spencer, B&B (CBS) ( How could anyone compete with Heather’s Katie finding out about Bill and Steffys affair. That anger felt real)

2013: Heather Tom as Katie Logan Spencer, B&B (CBS) (There is no way I could have voted for anyone else. Katie going through post partum depression. That felt real and omg I cried)

2014: Eileen Davidson as Kristen Dimera, Days (NBC) (This is one of the best reels I’ve ever seen. Kristen losing it on Marlena after her almost wedding to Brady was brilliant. I so wanted a tie between her and Heather)

2015: Maura West as Ava Jerome, GH (ABC) (Ava and Sonny having cryptic sex was unbelievable. I couldn’t believe it. That reel was great)

2016: Kassie Depiva as Eve Larson, Days (NBC) (I was happy for Mary Beth Evans for winning for Kayla’s grief over Bo’s sickness but I was sure Depiva had it for her grief over Paige’s death)

2017: Gina Tognoni as Phyllis Abbott, Y&R (no one believed me when I said Gina would win for those beautifully acted courtroom scenes in which Phyllis confronted Victor for hiring Marco to pretend to be Jack and Jack finding out about Billy & Phyllis gave me a thrill)

2018: Eileen Davidson as Ashley Abbott, Y&R (CBS) (Maura was the favorite to win last year (and rightfully so) but after I saw Eileen’s reel I changed my mind. Davidson Ashley confronting Jack for the blood clause, Ashley confronting Graham for marrying Dina for her money , and a tearful Ashley talking to Traci about not voting for her was Emmy gold).

ReplyCopy URL
    linecelts
    Participant
    Topics:

Loved it Ardejah 😀😀😀👍👍❤️❤️❤️

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.