Home Forums Daytime TV 2019 Daytime Emmy Awards: Who will Win supporting actor?

2019 Daytime Emmy Awards: Who will Win supporting actor?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
linecelts
Jw79bull
  • Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Participant
    Topics:

Here are the supporting actor reels:

Max Gail ( Mike Corbin, General Hospital)

Episodes
    Air Dates: Tuesday, March 6, 2018; Friday, March 9, 2018; Friday, March 16, 2018; Wednesday, April 4, 2018; Friday, September 14, 2018
    Running Time: 13:42
    Reel Synopsis: Mike tells Elizabeth that he’s scared of the way Sonny looks at him ever since his Alzheimer’s diagnosis. Sonny and Carly ask Mike to stay with them, but Mike balks at losing his independence and becoming a burden. Mike becomes agitated when Sonny presents him with power of attorney papers. Mike panics when he realizes that he is late for his curfew, saying that his parents will be worried about him. Mike tells Sonny and Carly that he thinks it is time for him to go to a care facility.

Bryton James ( Devon Hamilton, The Young and the Restless)
    Episodes
    Air Dates: Friday, July 27, 2018; Thursday, August 2, 2018; Thursday, December 6, 2018
    Running Time: 11:48
    Reel Synopsis: Devon curls up in bed next to Hilary, and they reminisce on their love and life together. He cradles her close as she takes her last breath. Devon tears into Lily for her treatment of Hilary. Devon talks to a therapist about his grief and pain, and what he lost when Hilary died.

Eric Martsolf ( Brady Black, Days of our Lives)
    Episodes
    Air Dates: Friday, September 14, 2018; Tuesday, July 17, 2018; Monday, March 12, 2018
    Running Time: 7:44
    Reel Synopsis: Brady apologizes to Marlena, who is clinging on to life, for having been an obnoxious teenager. With tears in his eyes, Brady tells his son, Tate, that Tate will be going to live with his mother for a while. Brady hugs Tate goodbye and tells him how much he’ll miss him. Brady tries to convince Eve that what he feels for her is real.

Greg Rikaart ( Leo Stark, Days of our Lives)
    Episodes
    Air Dates: Tuesday, November 27, 2018; Wednesday, November 28, 2018; Thursday, December 13, 2018
    Running Time: 11:21
    Reel Synopsis: A not-dead Leo shows up and reveals that he’s been watching Sonny and Will for months since they supposedly killed him. Leo then dares Sonny to kill him — again. Leo previews the damning testimony he’d give if Sonny refused to marry him. Sonny and Leo get married. Sonny’s family makes their disdain of Leo known.

Dominic Zamprogna ( Dante Falconeri, General Hospital)
    Episodes
    Air Dates: Tuesday, January 30, 2018; Friday, May 25, 2018; Thursday, June 28, 2018
    Running Time: 6:18

Reel Synopsis: An emotional Dante sits at Nathan’s bedside and thanks him for everything he’s done for him. Dante is furious for the way that Peter treated Nathan. Dante finds Mike at the stable. Dante says goodbye to Lulu and leaves town for an undercover mission.

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Eric Martsolf is the only one of these who I would have nominated and I am rooting for him but I think Max Gail will win. His is my least favorite of these five though. Dominic Zamprogna’s reel sounds really good also though. This is a category where seeing how the reel “plays” would have helped – my own boredom with the character of Devon doesn’t mean that his reel isn’t really good, but I don’t really remember those scenes well, despite having seen them last summer.

ReplyCopy URL
    linecelts
    Participant
    Topics:

Max Gail will probably win with the Alzheimer’s storyline. I’m hoping it will be a tie between him and Bryton James. I had a feeling he would submit the scenes of him being with Hillary in the hospital and being angry with Lily. I will be good if it was a tie in this category because I can save both him and Max Gail winning.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  linecelts.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  linecelts.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Jw79bull
    Participant
    Topics:

Bryson James for the win 🙌🏾🙌🏾

ReplyCopy URL
    Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Participant
    Topics:

I still can’t make up my mind. I am still stuck on Eric Martsolf and Bryton James.

Brady losing Tate was so sad and heartbreaking. Him at Marlena’s bedside was so heartfelt. I want to see him win.

I don’t think anyone could if ignore Bryton’s reel. Him losing Hillary and his baby and him ripping Lily apart was such good raw material.

I like Max Gail but I’m not so sure he’ll win.

Greg and Dominic picked good tapes as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sean Phillips
    Participant
    Topics:

I really don’t get the Max Gail hate. It’s a good arc and well played.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tony Ruiz
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Having seen the reels, Gail is winning and it’s richly deserved. It’s not even close. James is second, but not really a close second.

Rikkart is amusing, but one-note. Martsolf has a good beginning, but the second half of the reel is dominated by Kassie DePaiva. Zamprogna’s is a big nothing.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.