Home Forums Daytime TV 2019 Daytime Emmy Awards: Who will Win supporting actress?

2019 Daytime Emmy Awards: Who will Win supporting actress?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Ardejah Cat H..
FreemanGriffin
linecelts
  • Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Participant
    Topics:

Here are the supporting actress reels:

Kassie DePaiva ( Eve Donovan, Days of our Lives)
    Episodes
    Air Dates: Monday, March 12, 2018 | Friday, July 27, 2018
    Running Time: 11:11
    Reel Synopsis: Eve tells Brady that she knew he was playing her all along, but that she wanted so badly for their love to be real. Brady counters that when he told her loved her, he really meant it. Eve confronts Ben, the man who killed her daughter, and exclaims that he deserves to die.

Linsey Godfrey ( Sarah Horton, Days of our Lives)
    Episodes
    Air Dates: Monday, November 5, 2018 | Tuesday, November 6, 2018 | Thursday, November 15, 2018
    Running Time: 9:42
    Reel Synopsis: Sarah is devastated when Rex reveals that Mimi’s baby isn’t Phillip’s — it’s his. Sarah asks Rex if he had cheated on her any other times. When he was silent, she slapped him. Sarah chugs whiskey while complaining about the “lying, cheating, no-good son of a bitch” Rex. Sarah later stumbled over to a nearby table where a couple had just gotten engaged and warns the woman that her husband-to-be will cheat on her and ruin their relationship. She then throws a glass of whiskey in the man’s face.

Martha Madison ( Belle Black, Days of our Lives)
    Episodes
    Air Dates: Monday, September 10, 2018 | Wednesday, September 12, 2018 | Thursday, September 13, 2018 | Friday, September 14, 2018
    Running Time: 11:03
    Reel Synopsis: Belle tells Eric that she found their mother’s advance directive — and that she had been named health proxy and was the one who had to tell the doctors to remove their mom from her ventilator. John tells Belle that he is disappointed in her, and tells her to act like she never found the advance directive. Belle talks to Kayla to learn more her mother’s condition. Belle tells John that she’s made the decision to have Marlena removed from life support. Belle sits at Marlena’s bed side and tells her that she hate’s what she’s been made to do.

Beth Maitland ( Traci Abbott, The Young and the Restless)
    Episodes
    Air Dates: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 | Thursday, March 29, 2018 | Wednesday, September 5, 2018 | Wednesday, October 24, 2018 | Thursday, October 25, 2018
    Running Time: 14:59
    Reel Synopsis: Traci anguishes over her mother, Dina’s, Alzheimers and the fact that she is the only one who seems to have been erased from Dina’s memory. Traci demands that Ashley and Jack work out their differences. Traci speaks at an event to honor her late daughter, Colleen. Traci thanks Kyle for taking such good care of Dina. Traci gathers her family together to remember what it means to be an Abbott and heal their rifts. Traci and Jack discuss a document that gave Ashley the patent rights to the Jabot products.

Mishael Morgan ( Hilary Curtis, The Young and the Restless)
    Episodes
    Air Dates: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 | Thursday, July 26, 2018 | Friday, July 27, 2018
    Running Time: 14:07
    Reel Synopsis: Hilary asks Phyllis to tell her the truth about her condition and, upon learning that she wasn’t expected to make it, Hilary vowed to fight. Neil and Hilary reflect on their relationship over the years and vow to be on the same team moving forward. Newlyweds Hilary and Devon think about their future together could have been. Hilary requests that Devon arrange a celebration of life gathering when she passes, and also asks Devon to eventually find someone to love. As the two remember some of the happy times they spent together, Hilary draws her last breath and passes away.

Vernee Watson ( Stella Henry, General Hospital)
    Episodes
    Air Dates: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 | Tuesday, May 1, 2018 | Monday, November 19, 2018 | Friday, October 19, 2018 | Monday, August 27, 2018
    Running Time: 9:48

Reel Synopsis: Stella is arrested for assaulting a man she said stole her purse. Stella tries to explain to Sonny the difficulties he will face in providing care for his father, who had been diagnosed with Alzheimers. While asking Mike about his new lady friend, Stella is surprised to see a man from her past named Yvonne. T.J. asks Stella to reconsider her decision not to attend Jordan and Curtis’ wedding. Stella, Curtis, and Jordan attend a family counseling session — and it doesn’t go as well as expected.

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a strong feeling that Beth Maitland is going to win and I absolutely love her varied submission! But I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Mishael Morgan or even Vernee Watson were to win. I will be happy with Kassie, Martha, Beth or Mishael, and not happy with Vernee and furious if Linsey Godfrey wins (I really dislike Sarah Horton and her portrayal of her intensely).

Beth’s reel has enormous power and variety. She submitted from quite a few different episodes and the only problem I have is that she didn’t choose the best possible ending for her reel – all of the rest of the reel is stronger in my opinion. But I think the Colleen tribute scene is enough for her to win. It’s been 34 years since she won her Emmy on her first and only other nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    linecelts
    Participant
    Topics:

Mishael Morgan hands down ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
    I would also be thrilled for Beth Maitland winning too. She did submit a pretty good reel and I love her to death but you just can’t get past Mishael’s reel with Hillary in the hospital; her losing the baby and learning that she was not going to survive and then passing away in Devon’s arms was pure SOAP OPERA there.👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

ReplyCopy URL
    Jw79bull
    Participant
    Topics:

Kassie DePavia and Mishael Morgan will tie for the win 🙌🏾🙌🏾

ReplyCopy URL
    Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Participant
    Topics:

Besides Vernee everyone picked great episodes.

I want Kassie to win but Beth, Mishael, Lindsey, and Martha all picked good reels.

I loved Lindsey’s reel. It was actually good. I remember those episodes. They were good. She got a nod for a reason.

Beth made my heart break. Her words came from the heart.

Mishael broke my heart I cried when Hillary died.

Kassie really brought it with those episodes. I desperately want her to win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sean Phillips
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hope that last bait scene from Watson doesn’t take it from the other nominees. I think I’ll go with Morgan but by a hair.

ReplyCopy URL
    SoapFan88
    Participant
    Topics:

This is an EXTREMELY competitive category. I see Kassie DePaiva and Beth Maitland as the front runners.

5. Vernee Watson, GH
    This reel is extremely well acted, but the material is simply not dramatic enough to net Watson a second Emmy, imo. Still, I would be okay seeing her win as I love her on GH and hope she stays around for years to come.
    4. Linsey Godfrey, DAYS
    There are a few moments where Godfrey slips into hysterics and it really has a negative effect on the reel as a whole. Personally, I’m not a very big fan of hers— I find her screeching in this reel to be pretty grating. But it’s dramatic material and classic soap acting, imo. I hope she doesn’t win.
    3. Mishael Morgan, Y&R
    So incredibly touching. She does particularly well in the final moments, when Hilary tells Devon to move on someday. A few tears definitely fell when I watched this reel…however, it is quite long, and not very active. It dragged towards the middle, and I could see this being an issue.
    3. Martha Madison, DAYS
    Something tells me the tie in this category happened between Madison and Morgan, I don’t really know why. Martha Madison submitted perfectly, and her reel doesn’t drag at all. I was captivated the full length of the reel and LOVED the intricacy of Belle and John’s conflict. Brilliant writing and a brilliant performance!
    2. Beth Maitland, YR
    Beth Maitland is definitely my sentimental favorite…her reel is the most versatile. The scene about Colleen juxtaposed with her confrontation scene with Ashley and Jack was fantastic. I would be thrilled to see her win. However, as FreemanGriffin pointed out, her reel doesn’t end on a strong note, and it’s very long…she probably could have shaved off a scene or two, and this might cost her the Emmy.
    1. Kassie DePaiva, DAYS
    The best Emmy reels always have a certain atmosphere or mood— when I watch them, they feel like significant, monumental work…This is how I felt about Kassie’s reel. It’s the perfect length; it never drags, and I was entranced the whole way through. It shows both Eve’s intensity and her vulnerability; Kassie DePaiva handled the Brady/Eve scenes with such subtlety and class, and the scenes with Ben are just the kind of excitement needed to compliment them. I would love to see Kassie accept the award, especially because she didn’t win in 2016 like she should have.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Participant
    Topics:

This is an EXTREMELY competitive category. I see Kassie DePaiva and Beth Maitland as the front runners.

5. Vernee Watson, GH
    This reel is extremely well acted, but the material is simply not dramatic enough to net Watson a second Emmy, imo. Still, I would be okay seeing her win as I love her on GH and hope she stays around for years to come.
    4. Linsey Godfrey, DAYS
    There are a few moments where Godfrey slips into hysterics and it really has a negative effect on the reel as a whole. Personally, I’m not a very big fan of hers— I find her screeching in this reel to be pretty grating. But it’s dramatic material and classic soap acting, imo. I hope she doesn’t win.
    3. Mishael Morgan, Y&R
    So incredibly touching. She does particularly well in the final moments, when Hilary tells Devon to move on someday. A few tears definitely fell when I watched this reel…however, it is quite long, and not very active. It dragged towards the middle, and I could see this being an issue.
    3. Martha Madison, DAYS
    Something tells me the tie in this category happened between Madison and Morgan, I don’t really know why. Martha Madison submitted perfectly, and her reel doesn’t drag at all. I was captivated the full length of the reel and LOVED the intricacy of Belle and John’s conflict. Brilliant writing and a brilliant performance!
    2. Beth Maitland, YR
    Beth Maitland is definitely my sentimental favorite…her reel is the most versatile. The scene about Colleen juxtaposed with her confrontation scene with Ashley and Jack was fantastic. I would be thrilled to see her win. However, as FreemanGriffin pointed out, her reel doesn’t end on a strong note, and it’s very long…she probably could have shaved off a scene or two, and this might cost her the Emmy.
    1. Kassie DePaiva, DAYS
    The best Emmy reels always have a certain atmosphere or mood— when I watch them, they feel like significant, monumental work…This is how I felt about Kassie’s reel. It’s the perfect length; it never drags, and I was entranced the whole way through. It shows both Eve’s intensity and her vulnerability; Kassie DePaiva handled the Brady/Eve scenes with such subtlety and class, and the scenes with Ben are just the kind of excitement needed to compliment them. I would love to see Kassie accept the award, especially because she didn’t win in 2016 like she should have.

Me and you are on the same lines with this category.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tony Ruiz
    Keymaster
    Topics:

De Paiva is my #1 now, with Watson close behind. That last scene in her reel was a tour de force. I liked Godfrey’s reel at the beginning, but the drunk scene didn’t work for me. Madison and Maitland were too weepy and lacked range. Morgan’s was the most disappointing. She needed something with more range to balance the quietness of the reel.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.