Home Forums Daytime TV 2019 Daytime Emmy Awards: Who will Win younger actor?

2019 Daytime Emmy Awards: Who will Win younger actor?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Sean Phillips
Ardejah Cat H..
FreemanGriffin
  • Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Participant
    Topics:

Here are the younger actor reels:

Lucas Adams ( Tripp Dalton, Days of our Lives)
    Episodes
    Air Dates: Tuesday, November 20, 2018; Monday, November 26, 2018
    Running Time: 7:55
    Reel Synopsis: Ciara confronts Tripp for framing Ben for arson. Tripp breaks up with Ciara because of her feelings for Ben. As Tripp packs up his belongings, he tells Ciara that he had only been trying to protect her from a man who was a serial killer.

William Lipton ( Cameron Webber, General Hospital)
    Episodes
    Air Dates: Wednesday, November 21, 2018; Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Running Time: 11:32
    Reel Synopsis: While discussing their pretend relationship, Cameron and Josslyn share a kiss. Cameron reveals a secret he had been keeping: Oscar broke up with her because he was sick. Josslyn apologizes to Cameron for having yelled at him. He forgives her but tells her that he won’t be involved in any schemes with her in the future. Later, Cameron tells his mother that he broke a promise and told Josslyn about Oscar’s brain tumor.

Kyler Pettis ( Theo Carver, Days of our Lives)
    Episodes
    Air Dates: Thursday, January 4, 2018; Wednesday, January 17, 2018
    Running Time: 6:57
    Reel Synopsis: Theo and Abe fight over whether or not Theo should go to Cape Town for medical treatment. Ciara and Theo share an emotional goodbye. Later, Theo says goodbye to his loved ones before heading to South Africa for treatment.

Garren Stitt ( Oscar Nero, General Hospital)
    Episodes
    Air Dates: Monday, November 26, 2018; Tuesday, September 18, 2018; Monday, September 24, 2018; Tuesday, October 2, 2018; Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Running Time: 13:29
    Reel Synopsis: Oscar tells Josslyn that he doesn’t want to undergo an experimental medical procedure that could negatively impact the amount of time he has left. Sam and Oscar discuss hanging out together with Sam’s kids. Oscar learns that he has brain cancer. Oscar tells his parents that he doesn’t want anyone to know that he is sick. Oscar learns that his cancer could be fatal — and erupts when he discovers that his mother knew of his illness for two years. Oscar races out of the room and later breaks down in the hospital elevator.

Zach Tinker ( Fenmore Baldwin, The Young and the Restless)
    Episodes
    Air Dates: Monday, December 3, 2018; Thursday, December 20, 2018; Wednesday, December 19, 2018
    Running Time: 13:25
    Reel Synopsis: Fen returns to Genoa City unexpectedly and reveals to his parents that he is quitting law school to become a musician. Fen shows up late to a recording session and lashes out when Ana tells him that he will not be recording his own music. Devon arrives after the recording session and tells Fen that he’d like to sign him. Fen visits Ana to apologize for having treated her like Devon’s kid sister.

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

I am rooting so hard for Garen Stitt but I wouldn’t mind at all if Lucas Adams or William Lipton would win. Reading the descriptions I could most clearly remember Oscar’s scenes the best. I would be furious if Zack Tinker were to win for his nothing performances as Fenmore on Y&R.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sean Phillips
    Participant
    Topics:

One big issue I see is Garren Stitt’s scenes are way out of order. Like why is him finding out about the diagnosis the THIRD scene?

ReplyCopy URL
    linecelts
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m still trying to figure out how Zach Tinker got nominated in the first place???!!!!
    Garren Stitt could easily win Younger Actor but we might see an upset in Lucas Adams.

Why is there no post about Writing and Directing??? I think Y&R or DAYS will win Writing (leaning towards Y&R if they submitted Hillary’s death) and GH for Directing, Y&R could win this too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Participant
    Topics:

I really want this win to go to Lucas Adams. He’s such a good actor.

Garren could win but usually they don’t give Emmy’s to cancer storylines. We’ll see.

Kyler’s reel was good. I miss Theo.

William’s is good as well.

Who knows Zach could win with something simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sean Phillips
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m inclined to believe Adams will win this too. I don’t know who decided how to do Stitt’s reel but that was a major f up.

ReplyCopy URL
    SoapFan88
    Participant
    Topics:

I really like Lipton’s reel. I think he has great instincts as a young actor. I’m really NOT a fan of Stitt’s; Oscar really doesn’t feel like a real teenager to me. I think Lucas Adams will win (deservedly so) though part of me wants Lipton to take it!

ReplyCopy URL
    youngsoapfan
    Participant
    Topics:

If the horribly wrong order of Lucas Adams and Olivia Rose Keegan’s reels from last year are any indication of why neither of them won last year, the same might be for Garren Stitt this year as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tony Ruiz
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I’ll be honest, I hated all of these reels. The acting is actively bad, in my opinion. So it’s kind of like picking from a whole lot of yuck.

Stitt’s has the best chance. He has the most sympathy in his storyline. Tinker (WTF). Adams (Snooze). Lipton (Meh). Pettis (does nothing but cry and the last half of the reel has no dialogue, just tears). I’d hate to see the reels that DIDN’T make the cut here.

ReplyCopy URL
    VinceT
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Lucas Adams

2. William Lipton

3. N/A

4. N/A

5. N/A

End this category. Unlike the impressive young actress category, I am not gonna rewatch the episodes for these five guys. It makes a mockery that three of these “performers” had to be nominated to fill things out. You aren’t winning when it’s winning by default cause it’s slim pickings in daytime. There are only two decent actors on this list. If neither of them manages a win, it will make things even worse. Is Michael Mealor on Y&R over the age limit? He would’ve made a nice third nomination.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  VinceT.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  VinceT.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by  VinceT.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Sean Phillips
    Participant
    Topics:

Michael Mealor turned 26 on Feb. 28, 2018, (He’s a leap year baby.) so he could have been nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Daniel Montgomery
    Keymaster
    Topics:

As has been mentioned above, this is not an especially good category. I think it comes down to two: Lucas Adams vs. Garren Stitt.

Adams is the most natural actor in the bunch, and he plays some real emotions, but there’s not a whole lot of emotional impact, and not much of any emotional range.

Stitt has the best reel in terms of the material he submitted: the scenes have strong impact, the stakes are high for his storyline. Here it’s his acting that’s the problem. He has moments that are decent, but he’s not quite up to the task of these scenes overall. Occasionally feels like a high school production. So it depends on what voters think of his acting.

Zach Tinker is watchable, but his reel is a snooze. Kyler Pettis doesn’t really do much but lie there. And William Lipton was actively bad in his scenes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Participant
    Topics:

Younger Actor was a good category once upon a time. Tom Pelphrey, Kevin Mambo, Jonathan Jackson, Monti Sharp, David Lago, Michael E. Knight, Billy Warlock, Justin Gocke, Andrew Kavovit, Rick Hearst, Kristoff St.John, Roger Howarth, David Tom, Justin Torkildsen, Jacob Young, Chad Brannon, Jordi Vilasuso, Bryton James, Darrin Brooks, Drew Tyler Bell, Scott Clifton, Chandler Massey, Freddie Smith, Bryan Craig, and Rome Flynn have all won this award. This year it’s a lil unpredictable. My votes for Lucas Adams.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.