Home Forums Daytime TV 2019 DAYTIME EMMY REACTIONS

2019 DAYTIME EMMY REACTIONS

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 101 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
linecelts
StallionCity
Andrea
  • linecelts
    Participant
    Topics:

YESSSSSSSSS
    Y&R won Best Drama.
    SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT MAL YOUNG but he did submit an excellent reel😀😀😀😀❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Worst daytime emmys ever ): Disgraceful, awful, insipid, boring.

I like Jacqueline MacInnes Wood and Vernee Watson, but seriously?

Maurice Benard is my least favorite actor ever in daytime television history.

Y&R was great for four months of 2018 and then was awful for 8 months. They submitted from that first four months and won all 3 “trifecta” awards, just like Days did last year.

Days only won 1 award and it was awful!

Why did I bother watching? So horrible!

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s funny how they actually look like they spent money on those envelopes. Usually the envelopes are just straight paper in a paper envelope!

The show and winners were whatever. I’m glad Maura West did not win, though. Her acting is atrocious.

ReplyCopy URL
    linecelts
    Participant
    Topics:

Y&R’s trifecta wins and Jacqueline MacInnes Woods winning Lead Actress made my night. I kept telling some of you that I had a feeling there was going to be an upset in Lead Actress and I was RIGHT. Really felt bad for DAYS but was happy for Kyler Pettis winning.

ReplyCopy URL
    alokin
    Participant
    Topics:

Y&R completes the Trifecta!!! Huge congrats!!! After dominating the Creative Arts Emmys, I took that to mean they likely wouldn’t take home the big prize. What another historic Emmys!!!

And yes, great job, linecelts, for calling that Lead Actress upset!

ReplyCopy URL
    alokin
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s funny how they actually look like they spent money on those envelopes. Usually the envelopes are just straight paper in a paper envelope!

I noticed that too! The stylish design with the wax seal makes for a really nice touch! Kudos to NATAS for going the extra mile this year!

ReplyCopy URL
    Daniel Montgomery
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The only win that seemed WAY off to me based on the reels in the 7 acting categories was Kyler Pettis. My predictions were pretty terrible, LOL, but I had Vernee, Hayley, and Patricia ranked 2nd, and I had Jacqueline ranked 3rd behind Marci Miller but I thought Jacqueline had the 2nd best reel there behind Maura West.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Participant
    Topics:

I wasn’t surprised by Kyler’s win. His reel was good. A lot of you didn’t think he would win because he submitted from early last year. I guess you were wrong.

I figured Haley would win. I knew it wasn’t gonna be Chloe.

Everybody tried to tell me it’d be Max Gail but I didn’t listen. Kudos to Max.

Y&R winning best writing and Directing wasn’t a surprise. I knew they had writing but I picked someone else for directing. I wonder what they picked for their Directing team reel?

Vernee Watson winning was the last thing I thought would happen. She’s a great actress. Congratulations to her.

Jacqueline winning wasn’t a shocker. I knew lead Actress was gonna be the upset of the night and I was right. I just thought Maura’s reel was Ott, but none the least she picked greatly. I can understand why Woods won now. She picked a great reel telling the story of a woman who cheated on her husband with his father, begged for forgiveness, caught Liam with Hope, and later accepted her marriage was over. I watched all those scenes last year and I’m not the least upset. I’m happy that she won. Love you Jacqueline.

Maurice was the surprise for me. I was shocked. I never thought he’d win but he did. Kudos to him.

I knew in my heart GH wouldn’t win best drama. I knew it was gonna be either Y&R or Days and it ended up being Y&R. Mal picked the right reels. Happy that my show won.

ReplyCopy URL
    Balthazar
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m sad Kassie DePaiva lost Best Supporting Actress.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

The odds here on Gold Derby were way off – last year every single winner was either in first or second place – this year only ONE category out of ten for soaps went to the predicted nominee: Max Gail. There were two in 2nd place: Hayley Erin and Maurice Benard. Four were in 3rd place: the trifecta for Y&R for Series, Directing and Writing, and Patricia Bethune. Vernee Watson was in 4th place. Kyler Pettis was in 5th place.

The blue ribbon panelists ought to be ashamed of themselves this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

The fact I did that well predictions wise shocked me.

ReplyCopy URL
    DS0816
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t been watching the daytime dramas enough to weigh in with informed opinions. But, I want to mention this: I think it is really good when a given series wins in the same year the Emmys for Outstanding Drama Series, Outstanding Directing in a Drama Series, and Outstanding Writing in a Drama Series. There have been 46 Daytime Emmy Awards. This has happened four times with three separate series (from three separate networks): ABC’s Ryan’s Hope (1977, 1979), NBC’s Days of Our Lives (2018), and CBS’s The Young and the Restless (2019). It is good because, if a given series had a great year of really delivering overall, it makes sense to have the three align to that outstanding drama series.

ReplyCopy URL
    OLTLfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Jackie MacInnes Wood beat Maura West and Heather Tom for an acting award? On what planet is she in the same league as those dynamos?

This is another Mary Beth Evans situation. I could have seen perennial nominees West, Tom and Wright pick up another trophy for typically strong work. I could have seen newbie Miller win her first Emmy on her second straight nomination for magnetic work that’s far beyond her years. But I thought Wood had absolutely no chance to win and was dead last. What were the voters smoking?

Benard, Gail, Watson and Erin all had the reels and performances to back up their wins even though I personally might have selected other winners.

Guest and Younger Actor both had crap nominees so no matter who won, it would have been groan-worthy. It’s a real shame that Pettis won for the cop shooting story and not Moss, when Moss was the younger actor who really carried that story. But I can’t say I really would have preferred any of the other nominees winning. Adams is technically a better actor but not by much. The only guest nominee more deserving than Bethune was Mansi and she really should have been competing in supporting anyway.

It’s such a shame dePaiva still hasn’t won her long overdue Emmy. It’s crazy because as much as I prefer her work on OLTL, she had no shot of winning on her only OLTL nomination. But I think she easily should have won for both of her DAYS nominations. I don’t know what has to happen for her to finally win.

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

First off, congratulations to all the winners over the weekend! I know everyone in daytime works super hard, do honestly it’s nice to see them rewarded, whether I agree with the outcome or not. (I personally might not have picked ANY of last night’s winners, but I’m just one person with one person’s opinion.)

The problem with the Daytime Emmys is what the problem has always been with the Daytime Emmys: it’s 250 episodes’ worth of material being judged at a tiny snapshot — in some categories an episode or two, in some categories 10 or 15 minutes’ worth of material. In either case, it can’t really funny represent what happened over the course of the year, so for those of us who watch the shows year-round, it’s very tough not to feel that disconnect between what’s being judged and the overall product, and even knowing that there is a disconnect, it’s hard to separate what we know is the submitted material from the year’s worth of material. I didn’t expect Y&R to sweep writing, directing and series, but certainly they had a few strong episodes that could compete, just like all the soaps did. I believe the Emmy rules have recently changed to make it so that a show can now submit the exact same thing for writing, directing and series (the same number of episodes), so it makes sense that they would start to align more now.

Having not seen the reels for ourselves this year definitely added a wrinkle to expectations. Maybe more of us would have seen some of the surprises coming if we’d actually seen what people were being judged on, and not mostly basing it on our memories of watching the described scenes. The impact of watching them all together is totally different. Based on what we’d read, the only win the really surprised me was Jacqueline MacInnes Wood, but good for her. Kyler Pettis has always been underrated for his work on DAYS, and his farewell scenes were incredibly moving. It’s nice for Hayley Erin to have a win, considering the progress she’s made on GH. Vernee Watson having now two Emmys for playing Aunt Stella seems crazy, but when you’re good, you’re good. That was a stacked category full of talent, and hopefully Kassie DePaiva, Mishael Morgan and Martha Madison will have other chances to net an Emmy down the line. Max Gail was a favorite all along, in another category full of good options. I strongly dislike Sonny Corinthos, but it sounds like Maurice Benard had a great reel.

On another note, on what are the Goldderby odds based? I thought they were at least heavily influenced, if not based entirely, on predictions, by experts, editors and users. If all of us were predicting the wrong people win, it would follow that the odds would be off as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Why do y’all act like Maura West is some Meryl Streep of daytime? All she does is chew up the scenery. She’s an actress that could never make it outside of daytime.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 101 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.