views
users
FreemanGriffin
EmmyLoser
alokin
  • Boidiva02
    Participant
    Topics:

Kassie has two Emmy nominations – she was one of the eight nominees for 2004 and lost to castmate Erika Slezak (her 6th and final Emmy for OLTL). She was also nominated for her work superb work in 2015 – imo she lost because she chose the wrong material for her reel, two scenes that were too similar instead of contrasting one grief scene with a fiery confrontation scene with Jennifer, which I think would have been a better combination of scenes. She lost again to a castmate, Mary Beth Evans as Kayla, who contrasted a grief type scene (telling Bo he was dying) with a silly (dumb) scene of Kayla and Steve in a closet. I didn’t agree with their decision at all, but I am convinced Mary Beth won because she had two very different scenes in her reel. (I am trying to remember who the other three nominees were that year?)

I shared our winners list on a Facebook page and they were all complaining that Max Gail ought to have won our Supporting Actor award – he was 1 point shy of a nomination, Chad Duell’s voters ranked him higher and he got the fourth slot instead of Mr. Gail. Jon Lindstrom won in a landslide – I personally thought Lindstrom belonged in Best Actor but others told me they didn’t think he was a lead so we placed him in supporting. He submitted himself in lead for the Emmys.

And Kassie was snubbed a bunch of times for OLTL prior to her first nomination. In particular it still hurts that she was overlooked for her fantastic work during OLTL’s week of Live Shows.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.