Home Forums Daytime TV 2020 Citations for Daytime Emmy Submissions

2020 Citations for Daytime Emmy Submissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 94 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
6 hours ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
EmmyLoser
alokin
  • Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

My half year who I would nominate for Emmys list. I enjoy looking at these at the end of the year to remind me what I was thinking at the half way point! I only have watched 3 soaps in 2020. I placed people where I honestly feel they belong, not necessarily where they would submit…

Best Drama Series
    *Days Of Our Lives
    General Hospital

Best Actress
    Camila Banus, Days Of Our Lives
    *Sharon Case, The Young and the Restless
    Linsey Godfrey, Days Of Our Lives
    Chloe Lanier, General Hospital
    Cynthia Watros, General Hospital

Best Actor
    Brandon Barash, Days Of Our Lives
    Mark Grossman, The Young and the Restless
    *Chandler Massey, Days Of Our Lives
    Freddie Smith, Days Of Our Lives
    James Patrick Stuart, General Hospital

Best Supporting Actress
    Genie Francis, General Hospital
    Nancy Lee Grahn, General Hospital
    *Suzanne Rogers, Days Of Our Lives
    Sal Stowers, Days Of Our Lives
    Maura West, General Hospital

Best Supporting Actor
    John Aniston, Days Of Our Lives
    Ryan Carnes, General Hospital
    Galen Gering, Days Of Our Lives
    Wally Kurth, Days Of Our Lives
    *Paul Telfer, Days Of Our Lives

Best Younger Performer
    *Olivia Rose Keegan, Days Of Our Lives
    William Lipton, General Hospital
    Katelyn MacMullen, General Hospital
    Eden McCoy, General Hospital
    Sydney Mikayla, General Hospital

Best Guest Performer
    Marla Adams, The Young and the Restless
    Nicolas Bechtel, General Hospital
    Jane Elliot, General Hospital
    *Judi Evans, Days Of Our Lives
    Marie Wilson, Days Of Our Lives

Best Directing Team
    *Days Of Our Lives
    General Hospital

Best Writing
    *Days Of Our Lives
    General Hospital

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    youngsoapfan
    Topics:

Really? Sal Stowers? She’s probably the worst actress on the show right now. lol Her acting looks so forced like she tries waaaaaay too hard, and it shows, I think Kate mansi or Lauren Koslow deserve her spot, if you’re going with another days actress.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

Aw, I like Sal. I think she’s turned in some strong performances this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    youngsoapfan
    Topics:

She’s good at playing a hardass and a bitch, but when it comes to emotional scenes or when she has to cry, she’s just awful, when she lost the baby, she did a good job, but every other time…nope. lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Tony Ruiz
    Topics:

I just can’t with Camilla Banus. I don’t blame her as much as I blame the character. Gabi is a petulant, screechy little brat who either is scheming or bitching about how wronged she has been. It’s so one-note and dull.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Best Supporting Actor: Wally Kurth (Justin, Days Of Our Lives)

Justin stops the wedding to Kayla since he knows that Steve wants her back. The scene that I really love though is the scene afterwards between Justin and Sonny when he talks about his courtship with Kayla over jazz music.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

Wednesday, July 8, 2020
    Days of our Lives
    Best Lead Actress
    Mary Beth Evans — Dr. Kayla Brady

Justin stops the wedding to tell Kayla that Steve still loves her. Kayla tacitly admits that she wants Steve back while being angry that everyone knew and didn’t tell her sooner. She goes to find Steve and tracks him to the airport, where she thinks she’s lost him forever until he reappears through the passenger door.

I totally agree with the citation for Wally Kurth, who was great throughout this episode. I think the complexity of the emotion at the wedding was really excellently done. I also thought MBE did a wonderful job clearly being so angry with Steve because of how she loves him and feeling more and more desperate to reach him throughout the episode. I’d also give a shout out to the whole cast in this episode, which was also nicely written and well put together. Not only have I generally not cared about Kayla and Justin as a couple, because of the inevitability of this very occurrence, but I’ve also not really cared much about Steve and Kayla as a couple. But I was crying like a baby during this episode. Nice work.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Best Guest Performer: Alison Sweeney (Sami, Days Of Our Lives)

Hurricane Sami shows up just as Eric and Nicole have exchanged vows. She makes a scene (of course) and learns that her daughter Allie is pregnant. She blows up in typical Sami fashion. Then she gets into a cat fight with Nicole, pushing Nicole into her wedding cake and they continue to throw cake at each other! Alison brings so much energy to Sami’s outbursts! (:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

Agreed, Ali is great in this episode! Judi Evans is great as well. I’m not sure how long Bonnie is sticking around, but between Judi’s appearances as Adrienne back in January and her recent scenes as Bonnie, she’s also be a great guest performer nominee.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    youngsoapfan
    Topics:

Days of our lives

Best Guest Performer
    July 14th, and 15th

Louise Sorel as Vivian Alamain

Classic Vivian as she jabs Kate with the needle as a guinea pig to test it out on her, to find out if Jake is Stefan.

Vivian gets a visit from Ivan, who then informs her she actually had twins.

It is criminal that Louise Sorel doesn’t have an Emmy yet for playing vivian. Even more criminal that she’s never been nominated. Do we know if she’s ever been prenommed??

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

July 22, 2020

Best Direction: Days Of Our Lives, for Ben & Ciara’s wedding.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

Friday, July 24
    Days of our Lives
    Outstanding Younger Performer
    Victoria Konefal – Ciara Brady

Ciara is distraught when Ben can’t be found in the wreckage of the explosion. After Rafe discovers that the explosion was caused intentionally, Ciara accuses Claire and demands that she admit it. Claire’s denials make Ciara furious, and she vows to see justice done.

I thought Konefal was great in these scenes. I like that in parts of the episode she’s worried, scared, and sad, but then also she brings this fury in dealing with Claire that’s pretty frightening and very effective.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

^^^ Absolutely agree. Victoria was phenomenal in those scenes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BTN
    Topics:

In the scenes with Claire, Konefal was really great.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ericjoseph33
    Topics:

Tuesday, July 28,

The Bold and the Beautiful

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series                                                        Thorsten Kaye – Ridge Forrester

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series                                                             Don Diamont –  Bill Spencer, Jr.

Synopsis: Brooke, Ridge, and Bill are all at the hospital waiting for Steffy’s accident. Ridge goes to an unconscious Steffy’s bedside and begs her to wake up. Ridge then expresses confusion for a reason Steffy would be lying in a hospital bed. With the arrival of Detective Sanchez, Bill reveals that he is the one that hit Steffy. An angry Ridge returns to Steffy’s bedside, to plead some more, and Steffy wakes up.

I thought both Kaye and Diamont perform extremely well in their scenes. Kaye did an amazing job of showing grief, pain, and horror to the accident. These scenes reminded me a lot of Tyler Christopher’s winning Emmy reel back in 2017 when Nikolas was at Spencer’s bedside. In spite of the fact that,  Kaye was obviously doing his scenes against a mannequin (COVID protocols), and thus playing against himself, he still did a wonderful job, showing a parent’s fear of losing their daughter, and thus crafted a heartfelt performance.

Don Diamont is doing one of the best work he has done in B&B in years, dealing with Bill’s realization and guilt that he hit Steffy. He does a palpable job of illustrating his character’s vulnerability, guilt, love for Steffy, and recognition that he hurt a woman. He also does a great eye work, and even the manner in which Bill speaks, to showcase his confusion and lack of understanding was superiorly done. If he submits these scenes, and the ones on Friday, Diamont would be very deserving of his very first Emmy nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.