Home Forums Daytime TV 2020 Citations for Daytime Emmy Submissions

2020 Citations for Daytime Emmy Submissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
EmmyLoser
alokin
  • Profile picture
    ericjoseph33
    Topics:

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series

Courtney Hope as Sally Spectra, The Bold and the Beautiful 

Synopsis: Flo, Wyatt, Sally, and Dr. Escobar, are dealing with the fallout of Sally’s feigning terminal illness. Wyatt confronts Sally and expresses his frustration for having lying to him. Sally explains that the underlying reasons for her actions are that she felt lonely and opted for compassion from everyone else. She admits she fell like her life was falling apart. Sally continues to beg Wyatt for forgiveness and expresses that she loves him. Sally then collapses. 

Courtney Hope displayed some amazing work. She did some beautiful eye work, and her body language showing her character’s vulnerability, sadness, despair, and loneliness was exquisite. In spite of her character’s wrongdoings and being seen as the “villain”, Hope’s performance allowed the audience to sympathize with her. Hope definitely is becoming one of B&B finest stars, and would be very deserving of earning her first Emmy nomination. She truly did some accent work.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ericjoseph33
    Topics:

Friday, July 31, 2020

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series

Jacqueline MacInnes Wood as Steffy Forrester, The Bold and the Beautiful 

Synopsis: Steffy is at the hospital still expressing her agonizing pain from her accident. Dr. Finn reveals that Steffy possesses fractured ribs, but says that she should still be able to make a quick recovery, as her pain should be temporary. Liam arrives at the hospital, expresses that he does not know what he would do without Steffy, and reveals that her daughter Kelly is being dropped at Hope’s. Steffy expresses her fear of almost dying and losing time with her daughter. She also recollects the time, where she had her miscarriage in a similar motorbike accident. Bill walks in and confesses to Steffy that he was the one driving the car that threw her off the bike. Steffy forgives him and assures him that he does not have to feel guilty as she knows it was an accident. Steffy continues to wheeze in pain. 

Wood continues to prove, she is the leading lady of B&B with her scenes today. Despite being confined to a hospital bed, she outshined every actor she shared scenes with. She amazingly played a woman reeling from her accident, and dealing with the agonizing mental and physical pain this has attributed. She consistently showed us Steffy’s physical pain, with her constant use of screams, facial expressions, and gesticulations to show her profound suffering. Wood brought us to tears when she comes to the realization that she almost died, and could have missed the rest of her daughter’s life. Also, her flashback, to her miscarriage, was a nice touch, and Wood beautifully acted such scenes, bringing a sense of compassion for audiences. Wood loves to tell a story in her reels when submits to the Daytime Emmys (and it worked as she won back in 2019; she deserved that Emmy period).  I won’t be surprised if these scenes are the one she chooses to be part of her reel and to show voters the backstory, of what will be Steffy’s upcoming speculated addiction and/or trauma story.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series

Courtney Hope as Sally Spectra, The Bold and the Beautiful

Synopsis: Flo, Wyatt, Sally, and Dr. Escobar, are dealing with the fallout of Sally’s feigning terminal illness. Wyatt confronts Sally and expresses his frustration for having lying to him. Sally explains that the underlying reasons for her actions are that she felt lonely and opted for compassion from everyone else. She admits she fell like her life was falling apart. Sally continues to beg Wyatt for forgiveness and expresses that she loves him. Sally then collapses.

Courtney Hope displayed some amazing work. She did some beautiful eye work, and her body language showing her character’s vulnerability, sadness, despair, and loneliness was exquisite. In spite of her character’s wrongdoings and being seen as the “villain”, Hope’s performance allowed the audience to sympathize with her. Hope definitely is becoming one of B&B finest stars, and would be very deserving of earning her first Emmy nomination. She truly did some accent work.

I was thoroughly dazzled by Courtney’s performance in this episode. Going into it, I wondered what Sally could possibly say to justify her deception, but actually I was thoroughly on her side by the end of that speech. (The writing for it was good as well.)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

Thursday, July 30 and Friday, July 31, 2020
    Days of our Lives
    Outstanding Guest Performer
    Kassie DePaiva – Eve Donovan

Eve is revealed as Ben’s kidnapper and the person who bombed the wedding. She taunts Ben and rails against him for murdering, among other people, her daughter Paige. Slowly she reveals her plan to brainwash Ben into having him kill Ciara as revenge for what he’s taken from her.

Kassie does a great job with the fury and grief of these scenes as well as the dark humor in them and Eve’s resolve. There’s a lot going on, but the situation is simple, which I think would play well to a panel.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

Totally agree with all of your citations, EmmyLoser and ericjoseph33.

I was thoroughly dazzled by Courtney’s performance in this episode. Going into it, I wondered what Sally could possibly say to justify her deception, but actually I was thoroughly on her side by the end of that speech. (The writing for it was good as well.)

Courtney was so fantastic in her delivery of that monologue (and yes, Tracey Ann Kelly did a wonderful job with that script!). So sad to hear that she’s exiting her role as Sally!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

It’s astounding. Courtney Hope is consistently great, and the show can’t make up its mind to keep her around. I thought the revival of Spectra a few years ago was a great story, but I guess the show didn’t really want to sustain another company besides Forrester and Spencer, which don’t have a natural element of competition to them. It also seems like the show thinks the audience is significantly more invested in Flo than I’ve gotten the impression they actually are.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

^^^ I too was very surprised at how quickly Sally’s storyline wrapped up, but honestly, that’s one of the things I’ve come to really appreciate about B&B, that unpredictability in its storytelling. Just when you think you know exactly where a story is headed, it takes a completely unexpected turn and often finds resolution in the most refreshing ways. Love how the show always keeps me on my toes!

I do hope that, when the time is right, Sally will once again be written onto the canvas. Courtney Hope has proven herself as such a versatile actress who always rises to the challenge of any material (no matter how difficult) she’s given, so it’d be nice to see her character back in the mix once Flo and Wyatt’s relationship has had some time to find proper footing, or perhaps as part of a new love triangle or in conjunction with the resurrection of Spectra Fashions. The possibilities are endless. I feel like Sally’s absence definitely presents an opportunity now for the show to fully explore the intrinsic dynamic of Flo and Wyatt’s relationship and let it breathe a bit (which would surely help further cement their growing fanbase as a viable and sustaining couple). Darin Brooks shares great chemistry with Katrina Bowden, so that’s a big plus the couple has in its corner.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.