Home Forums Daytime TV 2020 Citations for Daytime Emmy Submissions

2020 Citations for Daytime Emmy Submissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 111 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
EmmyLoser
OLTLfan
  • Profile picture
    OLTLfan
    Topics:

Lead Actress
    Maura West as Ava Jerome (GH)
    11/24 & 11/25

Ava finds out about Julian’s role in the Floating Rib explosion and freaks out. She says he has to leave town immediately or she’s done with him forever.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I need to cite 3 performers from GH’s Nov. 25 episode: Maura West, Genie Francis (Laura learns about Lulu’s surgery), and William Lipton (Cam learns of Dev’s death). Superb performances!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

^^^Agree and agree. Wonderful work by all three performers.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

For me there are 7 performers who deserve Younger Performer nominations for 2020: Lucas Adams, Olivia Rose Keegan and Victoria Konefal for Days; and William Lipton, Katelyn MacMullen, Eden McCoy and Sidney Mikayla for GH. I don’t get Sasha Calle on Y&R as being particularly interesting and haven’t watched enough of B&B or Y&R to know if there has been any truly outstanding work by their under 25 cast members to merit consideration.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Citing Genie Francis for her work again on the Monday, Nov. 30 episode as Laura copes with Lulu’s ongoing illness – she is tough, vulnerable, loving, and thoughtful. GF has been amazing – her recent work combined with the great confrontation scene she had when she learned that Nikolas was still alive early this year I think she definitely deserves an Emmy nomination for 2020!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

I don’t believe Lucas Adams would be eligible for a Younger Performer category, as he would have aged out since his last stint on the show. He turned 27 in July. But I would put Lindsay Arnold on the list, who I think has done a great job as Allie, even though Allie has mostly been insufferable.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Interesting about Lucas Adams! So I would place him in Supporting Actor instead!

I read that Lindsay Arnold is 29? True or false??

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sean Phillips
    Topics:

Yeah…Genie Francis getting that damn Emmy. Fantastic work.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    StallionCity
    Topics:

Can the Academy grant a tie for Actress at the 2021 ceremony? Genie Francis & Maura West are showing the daytime world how it’s done – brava, ladies!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

Yeah, Genie is KILLING it.

Lindsay Arnold is 21, to the best of my knowledge. There’s a professional dancer named Lindsay Arnold (now Lindsay Arnold Cusick) who is older, but I don’t think she’s 29 either.

Also, the Emmys have yet to release their full calendar for next year’s awards, but they have announced that the awards will once again be virtual, and the rough timeline that’s been given looks similar to this year, with nominations possibly coming in May and awards over two or three nights in June and July.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Can the Academy grant a tie for Actress at the 2021 ceremony? Genie Francis & Maura West are showing the daytime world how it’s done – brava, ladies!

I would add Nancy Lee Grahn to that list! I wonder if Genie will submit in lead or supporting? She hasn’t been on a great deal in 2020 so I would place her in supporting…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OLTLfan
    Topics:

12/1
    Lead Actress
    Maura West as Ava Jerome

Ava threatens to shoot Julian but is interrupted by Sonny & Jason.

12/3 & 12/4

Ava tells Nikolas that her brother was responsible for the explosion that put his sister in a coma. Nikolas is livid.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

Yeah, I would say Genie is borderline and could compete either way. The COVID hiatus plus Genie’s delay in returning to the show make her seem more supporting, but I think up until the show ran out of episodes, she was a contender for a lead spot, though it’s hard to remember really, and I’ve learned that my impressions of how often someone is on aren’t all that trustworthy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sean Phillips
    Topics:

I think the fact that Laura is integrated into a lot of storylines makes her more lead than supporting. Also come on it’s Genie damn Francis. That is a lead if there ever was one.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I am citing the actor who plays Charlie on Days (name?) for his phenomenal performance on the Dec. 16, 2020 episode in which it is revealed that he raped Allie and that Ava is indeed his mother – something most of us predicted! He gave a terrific performance, as did Tamara Braun as Ava too.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.