Home Forums Daytime TV 2020 Daytime Emmy Awards predictions

2020 Daytime Emmy Awards predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
EmmyLoser
  • Paul Sheehan
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The 2019 timetable was as follows:

Pre-nominees: January 24
    Nominations: March 20
    Ceremony: May 5

This 2020 ceremony is spread out over three nights in mid June. That means we may not the pre-nominees till mid February. Who do you think will make the cut and win?

FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Confused? Is the ceremony on May 5th or sometime in June? I have never understood in this day and age of instant technology why it takes them nearly half a year to deliver the results to us!

I’m not all that excited after last’s year’s total disaster of an Emmys ): I prefer our Goldies, where we simply have better judgement than the blue ribbon panels! (: (: (:

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Paul’s timeline above refers to the 2019 Emmy timetable, which may inform how things roll out for 2020. We do know that the 2020 ceremony will be June 12, 13 and 14, but don’t yet know when the pre-noms or nominations will be announced.

The Daytime Emmys did tweet this yesterday: “We’re fans too, and like many other fans, want to see the great talents of our community honored on every platform. We expect to see parts of the 2020 #DaytimeEmmys ceremonies delivered to television screens, and will share more information in the months ahead. Stay tuned!” Promising!

I’m generally hesitant to start trying to predict Emmys before November sweeps, but I have been thinking about it more and more lately.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Re-reading the original post I had read too quickly I realize he was referring to 2019! I still don’t get why it takes them nearly six months but that’s just me I suppose! (;

Personally I wish they would do a completely separate telecast for only the soap opera categories, because honestly for me it’s all I ever care about! (:

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

If they submit there are certain performers who I think are very likely to be nominated. IDK which category they will place themselves in (I like the new rule that says the committee can reject a placement!) for this year.

Some actors who have done Emmy-worthy reels that I think could make it in are: Jon Lindstrom for GH with the early in the year Ryan material – scenes with Franco and Ava in particular. Billy J Miller for the Oscar’s death scenes which were incredibly strong. Roger Howarth with the early in the year pretending to be the serial killer and especially the episode where he takes the place of Cam in the memory switch story. Jason Thompson had that episode all to himself that was very strong. Scott Clifton has the baby switch reveal episodes. Chandler Massey had terrific material when his character almost died and then the scenes in prison at the end of the year. Wally Kurth has the one great scene between Justin and Will where he tells him he still loves him despite his having “killed” his wife. Paul Telfer was great particularly in his scenes with Maggie.

For actresses Maura West had great scenes in the Ryan storyline, the Kiki storyline, and at the end of the year with Nikolas – I also love all of her scenes with Genie Francis as Laura. Speaking of Genie Francis her scenes when she and Kevin were trapped in a basement were great and her scenes with Ava were incredibly strong. Suzanne Rogers has her drunk Maggie scenes and the scenes with Zander. Arianne Zucker has those heartbreaking scenes where “Nicole” was grieving the “death” of Holly (but she was really Kristen). Tamara Braun was amazing during Oscar’s death. Annika Noelle (I don’t actually like her) has the baby switch reveal scenes, as does Jacqueline MacInnes Wood. Olivia Rose Keegan’s breakdown scenes were incredibly strong. Garen Stitt and Eden McCoy had a ton of material with Oscar’s death. Rebecca Herbst was particularly strong during the Franco pretending to be a serial killer story.

I am sure I have forgotten some but those are a few that come quickest to my mind this morning!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.