Home Forums Daytime TV 2020 Daytime Emmy Awards predictions

2020 Daytime Emmy Awards predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 10 posts - 241 through 250 (of 250 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
EmmyLoser
linecelts
  • Profile picture
    montana82
    Topics:

When are all the craft categories going to be announced? Is every award result being released tonight?

I am TOTALLY confused.

"Here's a wonderfully b*tchy post from Montana82...." - Tom O'Neill Emmy Prediction Slugfest August 1st, 2019

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

When are all the craft categories going to be announced? Is every award result being released tonight?

I am TOTALLY confused.

It is my understanding that the other winners will be announced shortly after tonight’s broadcast in all of the other categories…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

That’s my impression also, though I don’t think I specifically saw anything confirming the other results would be announced today, just after the ceremony. It would be really insane to wait a day or two and then try to regain anyone’s attention to announce awards for camera editing and sound mixing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OLTLfan
    Topics:

Jason Thompson
    Maura West
    Chandler Massey
    Rebecca Budig
    Katelyn McMullen
    Eva LaRue

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sean Phillips
    Topics:

Series and Writing: GH

Directing: Y&R

Actor: Thompson

Actress: West

S. Actor: Stuart

S. Actress: Khalil

Younger: MacMullen

Guest: Knight

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mark A Bowers
    Topics:

Considering ABC’s half-hearted attempt looking at the history of the American soap opera and now CBS’s willingness to fill a couple of hours on a Friday evening in the summer with the return of the Daytime Emmy telecast to broadcast network television, it ALMOST feels like there’s an effort being made to keep this industry going. B&B being the first American show to lead the way and return to taping, the special reunions that Alan Locher is doing in his Locher Room YouTube channel, and the soap classics the networks are airing for GH, B&B, & Y&R without original programming are all signs that a rather significant audience for the network soap opera still exists and are hungry for more than just 4 shows. One can only hope this terrible time in our nations history could lead to somethings positive for a genre that a decade ago was on deaths door. Wouldn’t it be great to see a P&G and/or ABC show return or a new inventive show (ala Melange) to become a new daytime serial? One can dream can’t they? Looking forward to this telecast and hoping it’s a well produced event.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Topics:

I got 5 out of 9 right. I told y’all Y&R would win their 11th Best Drama Series. They are the only show to win in the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s, and now the 20s. I told y’all Jason Thompson would win Lead Actor. Heather Tom didn’t shock me. I knew it was gonna be either her or Katherine Kelly Lang. This is Heather’s 6th win. She’s now tied with Erika Slezak for the most wins by a daytime female performer. Bryton was my second pick (I was pulling for Mark Grossman) but i am so happy he won. He deserved it. Tamara was my 4th choice (I was pulling for Annika Noelle) but im happy for Braun. I was right about Olivia Rose Keegan winning Younger Performer and she totally deserved it. I was spot on about B&B winning Best drama series writing team and GH winning drama series directing team. Congratulations to all the winners.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

I got 5 out of 9 right. I told y’all Y&R would win their 11th Best Drama Series. They are the only show to win in the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s, and now the 20s. I told y’all Jason Thompson would win Lead Actor. Heather Tom didn’t shock me. I knew it was gonna be either her or Katherine Kelly Lang. This is Heather’s 6th win. She’s now tied with Erika Slezak for the most wins by a daytime female performer. Bryton was my second pick (I was pulling for Mark Grossman) but i am so happy he won. He deserved it. Tamara was my 4th choice (I was pulling for Annika Noelle) but im happy for Braun. I was right about Olivia Rose Keegan winning Younger Performer and she totally deserved it. I was spot on about B&B winning Best drama series writing team and GH winning drama series directing team. Congratulations to all the winners.

I got 5 out of 9. I was correct on B&B winning Writing sadly I didn’t change my prediction. I did predict Eva La Rue to win Guest Performer but changed it to Michael E. Knight. Stupid me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I got 5 out of 9. Better than last year, where I was only 3 out of 10, but not as good as two years ago when I was 7 out of 10. I predicted Jason, Tamara, Bryton, Eva, and GH for Directing Team. I had Y&R in 2nd place, and Olivia Keegan in 2nd place. Heather Tom in 5th place (yuck!) and B&B’s Writing Team in 4th place.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Topics:

With La Rue winning I got 6/9 right. I got Supporting Actor, Supporting Actress, and Lead Actress wrong (Bryton and Heather were my #2 choices so I don’t feel bad at all I’m very happy for them and I had Braun at #4). Overall I still enjoyed the Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 10 posts - 241 through 250 (of 250 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.