Home Forums Daytime TV 2020 Daytime Emmy Awards predictions

2020 Daytime Emmy Awards predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 250 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
EmmyLoser
linecelts
  • Profile picture
    Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Topics:

Annika Noelle submitted Hope finding out that Beth didn’t make it followed by a scene with Sally trying to cheer Hope up which backfires. The next scene is on the rooftop where Hope finds out that Beth is alive and that Thomas has been lying to her. Then she picked a scene with Liam and Beth as a family. The last scene is Hope slapping Flo. I hate to say this to the Hope haters but this is definitely hers.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

I was getting ready to post what JT was submitting but I’m glad you beat me to it. I knew he would submit the standalone episode as one of his reels.

I really think AN has Supporting Actress even though she was LEAD but Christel submitted good too and it also depends on what SSH submits and the GH girls.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I hope we get to learn what everybody submitted! (: If at least a few of my favorites win this year I will be happy. I particularly want to know what Tamara Braun has submitted, since I think she will win in her category, but it will depend on what exactly she has submitted of course. I wonder why we are learning all of the CBS submissions and not the ABC or NBC submissions?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

SoapCentral has been interviewing nominees and asking what they submitted, so that site has submission information for Steve Burton, Katelyn MacMullen, and James Patrick Stuart, in addition to Christel Khalil, Bryton James, and Mark Grossman (and probably others — I was last on there yesterday). We should start a thread that has all the nominees and their submissions in the first post, and we can edit that and comment to add new information as we get it. (I can set it up later if no one else does.)

Also, it’s worth remembering that the rules for this year’s reels were to submit up to 15 minutes of materials from as many episodes as you want. So anyone describing five or six different scenarios that they submitted would concern me a little because it could feel disjointed (remember Nancy Lee Grahn’s lead actress reel a few years ago, when she submitted right around the 20-minute limit from four different episodes and the reel felt all over the place despite being well acted). Y&R has historically done well with submitting standalone episodes, but any episodes that focused on one character would have to be heavily edited to fit the submission criteria, especially if other scenes were then added to that.

Honestly all these descriptions just make me really want to see these reels!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Topics:

Im dying to know what KKL, Heather Tom,and Ari Zucker submitted.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

Nice choices by Christel and Bryton (and how wonderful that both got Supporting nods in the same year; Kristoff would’ve been so proud!). In thinking about what Christel might have submitted, I recalled another strong set of scenes in which she plays opposite Jason Thompson, where Billy pays Lily a visit in prison after having just found out about Cane’s transgressions in kissing Victoria. There was a certain maturity Christel brought to those scenes that blew me away and made me realize at the time just how much she’s grown as an actress. Perhaps she submitted it for the first round of voting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Steve Burton said that he submitted: “a good run of scenes with Carly at Sonny’s penthouse (?) after court, when Sam was going back to jail” (BORING!)

James Patrick Stuart: dealing with the Charlotte kidnapping, and the reveal when Nina learns that Sasha is not her daughter; and an unspecified scene with Sonny.

Katelyn MacMullen: The scenes in Sonny’s hideout where Willow is talking to Kristina about Dawn of Day; the scene with Harmony when it is revealed that Harmony is Willow’s mother; a courtroom scene (I assume this was during the custody case over Wiley with Shiloh); and a scene where Nina (Michelle Stafford at the time) and Willow have a blowout over Charlotte at the school.

Still haven’t found any information on Days actors submissions – looking forward to them! Also: would love to find out what Tamara Braun and Eden McCoy have submitted too…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I have read that Chandler Massey definitely submitted scenes from the Dec. 16th episode where Sonny comes to the prison and they discuss getting a divorce. I remember citing both of them for those scenes. I do not know if this is his entire submission or just part of it though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

^I am still predicting Tamara Braun – looking forward to finding out which scenes she submitted (:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

Don’t like that episode for him. It was way too cartoonish. And there was one part that went into the area of syfy in the way Bad Billy got swallowed up into the wall. That story was really bad. The gum chewing nonsense to trigger his alter ego was laughable. JT has enough good performances in the more grounded scenes to win, but that standalone episode is going to hurt his chances. Also, the Delia fatigue might be setting in with the voters. This show has milked that little girls death for way too long.

It may be silly but JT acting was spot on. Plus I really don’t see any one else winning but him.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

^I think Jon Lindstrom can win, but am predicting Jason Thompson – his scenes were the most emotional and grounded. Jon Lindstrom is great but he plays a villain – that is why I am hoping he includes a clip of Kevin, preferably the scene between him and Laura when they are trapped in the basement. I do remember the 3rd time Christian LeBlanc won though for a nothing friendship scene with Phyllis in which he did pretty much nothing so who knows? Depends so much on the composition of the panel and how much knowledge they have of the entire year. They had poor enough judgment to nominate two actors who don’t deserve to be nominated so they may have poor enough judgment to give the Emmy to someone who doesn’t deserve it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

I don’t think it’s fair necessarily to criticize the judges for the nominations. The system is problematic in that it focuses the judging on 15 minutes or less of material for each participant, but even if the judges generally find someone underwhelming but are wowed by their reel, they’ve agreed to participate in a system that would reward that reel rather than the whole year. It’s ideal if the judges do have other knowledge of these actors and the year as a whole to help inform what they’re watching, but still they’re supposed to judge from the reels. I will totally blame judges for not watching all of the reels, of course, but not for following the rules.

Because I didn’t see any of the JT stuff, it’s hard to say. I heard a lot of ridiculing of the gum-chewing alternate personality, so I’m not inclined to think all the highly of it, but I didn’t see it. The start of 2019 was so long ago that I can barely remember it. But Jon Lindstrom does have a good amount of stuff from the first half of the year, before Ryan went to prison and just became a background player for other villains and Kevin spent the rest of the year having potential patients bypass him to seek treatment from Neil. If he can put together a reel that includes some focus on how Curtis and co. stole Ryan’s kidney, if would at least make Ryan sympathetic, or one that includes Ava stabbing him.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 250 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.