Home Forums Daytime TV 2020 Daytime Emmy Awards predictions

2020 Daytime Emmy Awards predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 250 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
EmmyLoser
linecelts
  • Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I have not been crazy about Jason’s take on the role of Billy – I vastly preferred David Tom and Billy J Miller’s versions of Billy; but with that said I did see those scenes he submitted and I think he will likely win.

I am rooting for Jon Lindstrom – I had other scenes in mind, the scene with Ava in the motel, stabbing Franco, Kevin and Laura in the basement, the scene at the bridge with Ava, and Ava stabbing him would all be great scenes to include in his reel. Surprised we haven’t heard about his submission yet since most of the GH nominees have put them out there already.

I do wish we would hear from the Days performers! I really want to know what their submissions are! I check every day but other than learning that Chandler definitely submitted the Dec. 16th episode where Sonny and Will discuss a divorce I have no other information yet.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    StallionCity
    Topics:

The Daytime Emmys Twitter Page has confirmed that they will be releasing clips of work submitted by nominees starting next week. They will be releasing 1 category per day!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

That’s great! These “highlights from the nominees’ submitted performances” may not be the full reels, but I’m happy for anything we can get at this point. WOOT!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

Paul Telfer: I had that whole funny storyline where I came in and was messing around with Leo [Greg Rikaart], and I had this whole bisexual flirtation and manipulation with him, but then I had this whole straight villain storyline where I’m going after Eve [Kassie DePaiva] and harassing her and manipulating her, but then I had this whole, “Will they or won’t they?” weird sexually frustrated thing with Kristen [Stacy Haiduk] going on, with whether or not they were friends or enemies, and they hate each other, but it always feels like they’re about to make out! And then with Sarah’s [Linsey Godfrey] character, I had the whole beginning of a flirtation thing that went to full-on falling in love. So, I just felt really lucky to have such a variety.

Really thought he submitted good. What do you guys think?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Yowzers! Paul Telfer’s scenes all came quickly to my mind. I do wish he had included a short friendship scene with Maggie. But I am worried that his reel and James Patrick Stuart’s reel (which I posted earlier) might feel disjointed? Jumping around too much? I would love for Paul Telfer to win, he’s my 2nd choice! (I really want Chandler Massey to win, but of course he’s my favorite current daytime actor)… If Chandler did indeed submit all his scenes from the one episode (Dec. 16th) that could be an advantage since it does not jump around all that much… who knows which is better for the judges????

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

Paul’s reel feels like a lot of fun, which could play as good counterprogramming against heavy drama in probably all of the other nominated reels in this category. It reminds me of the year Eric Martsolf won for Brady’s failed intervention, which had stakes but also was a lot of fun, versus literally four other reels of men crying over babies. But I’d also be a little concerned that it’s a little scattered. It feels thematically connected, though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

It has been confirmed that Chandler Massey has indeed submitted a short reel consisting entirely of the Dec. 16 episode where Sonny and Will discuss the possibility of divorce. In the interview he said he had wanted to submit a flashback scene but the scene aired in January 2020 and would have to wait until next year (from flashback week, which was superb). I know I will love Chandler’s reel and Paul’s reel – will the judges be as impressed?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

I wish I still had the DAYS flashback week on my DVR. It was an oasis of fantastic episodes in what was, at the time, a sea of nonsense in terms of storyline. I’m looking forward to seeing how many reels come out of those episodes for next year’s Emmys, though it may be tough considering how far removed the cast will be from those episodes by then. That stuff would have taped in maybe May of 2019, so they’ll be trying to remember it a year and a half later.

Chandler’s done well with short reels in the past. He won his third younger actor Emmy with a reel that was maybe three minutes long. Contrast that with his reel a couple of years ago when he lost supporting actor to Greg Vaughan. I loved that reel, but it was long, using almost the whole 20-minute allotment, and drew from the maximum four episodes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    StallionCity
    Topics:

In her own words, Susan Seaforth Hayes submitted the following:

“I submitted when Julie dies. I submitted the farewell montage scenes with Bill Hayes, and they were very moving to us… and we’ll see. I did not submit anything snappy, or bitchy, or hysterical. I’ve lost against hysterical every time. Comedy has never worked. So, I am going to try the heart and soul of soup opera: not bitchiness, but loss.”

LINK:https://michaelfairmantv.com/days-susan-seaforth-hayes-talks-on-her-daytime-emmy-nomination-for-julie-and-dougs-emotional-storyline/2020/06/02/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    StallionCity
    Topics:

In her own words, Eva La Rue submitted the following:

“…So, I submitted a scene with Peter, who is amazing, warm and open and such a great actor. Then I submitted a scene with my on-screen daughter Sasha Calle (Lola, Y&R) – I love that girl, and another one with Michelle Stafford (Phyllis, Y&R) who has also been my great friend for a couple of decades. The other scene I put on my reel was with me and Jordi Vilasuso (Rey, Y&R) who I also adore. He is awesome and such a sweetheart. I only had two months worth of material to draw upon. So, I just submitted the scenes that I liked the best, and they all were within story, and all made sense.”

LINK: https://michaelfairmantv.com/eva-larue-talks-on-her-daytime-emmy-nomination-and-opens-up-about-the-loss-of-john-callahan/2020/05/29/

(Sorry if this one was already posted!)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

In her own words, Susan Seaforth Hayes submitted the following:

“I submitted when Julie dies. I submitted the farewell montage scenes with Bill Hayes, and they were very moving to us… and we’ll see. I did not submit anything snappy, or bitchy, or hysterical. I’ve lost against hysterical every time. Comedy has never worked. So, I am going to try the heart and soul of soup opera: not bitchiness, but loss.”

I think I know which scenes she is referring to: quieter scenes with Doug in the hospital… so likely no confrontation scenes with Gabi (Camila Banus).

Her losses have been to Susan Flannery, her co-star, on Days Of Our Lives (1975), Helen Gallagher as the family matriarch Maeve on Ryan’s Hope (1976), Laurie Heineman as Sharlene on Another World (1978), Irene Dailey as aunt Liz Matthews on Another World (1979), and Camryn Grimes in her coming out storyline as Mariah on The Young and the Restless (2017) – With the exception of Laurie Heineman I don’t think any of these actresses had hysterical performances – or did she mean her reels were hysterical?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

I like SSH submission and Eva La Rue

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    StallionCity
    Topics:

I think I know which scenes she is referring to: quieter scenes with Doug in the hospital… so likely no confrontation scenes with Gabi (Camila Banus).

Her losses have been to Susan Flannery, her co-star, on Days Of Our Lives (1975), Helen Gallagher as the family matriarch Maeve on Ryan’s Hope (1976), Laurie Heineman as Sharlene on Another World (1978), Irene Dailey as aunt Liz Matthews on Another World (1979), and Camryn Grimes in her coming out storyline as Mariah on The Young and the Restless (2017) – With the exception of Laurie Heineman I don’t think any of these actresses had hysterical performances – or did she mean her reels were hysterical?

She was referring to work she’s submitted in the past.
    Made it sound like she was going into this with a different strategy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

^”I’ve lost AGAINST hysterical every time” – the word against made me think she meant that the winners were ‘hysterical’ in their performances (:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    StallionCity
    Topics:

^”I’ve lost AGAINST hysterical every time” – the word against made me think she meant that the winners were ‘hysterical’ in their performances (:

Maybe this’ll help 😉

What scenes did you ultimately chose that landed you the nomination?

SUSAN: I submitted when Julie dies. I submitted the farewell montage scenes with Bill Hayes, and they were very moving to us… and we’ll see. I did not submit anything snappy, or bitchy, or hysterical. I’ve lost against hysterical every time. Comedy has never worked. So, I am going to try the heart and soul of soup opera: not bitchiness, but loss.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 250 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.