Home Forums Daytime TV 2020 Daytime Emmy Awards reactions thread!

2020 Daytime Emmy Awards reactions thread!

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 134 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
StallionCity
BTN
  • Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I predicted 5 out of nine, with 4 of the 6 acting awards. I switched my prediction to Eva LaRue a few days ago. I predicted Jason, Tamara, Bryton, Eva, and GH for Directing Team.

For me this year’s Emmys was ruined by Heather Tom’s despicable win for Best Actress. This is now my least favorite daytime Emmy win of all time. She was hardly on B&B in 2019 and belonged in the supporting category but for the love of everything she needs to stop submitting! I was beyond disappointed and heartbroken!

Happiest for Jason Thompson, Tamara Braun, Olivia Rose Keegan and Eva LaRue!

The irony of Y&R winning for a terrible year with only a few good storylines and poor writing overall – that awful Christmas Carol really did kill GH’s chances. I wish they had just submitted both of the Oscar’s death episodes as their submission. Y&R still might have won but it would have been a fair fight.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Original Song
    Brainwashed by Toons the Bad Guys?

Disappointed William Lipton didn’t win this award ):

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    StallionCity
    Topics:

Make-Up (Drama Series)
    Y&R

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    montana82
    Topics:

So let me get this straight. They are not going to announce any of the Digital Acting Categories, Talk Show Informative Host, or Culinary Host tonight despite the fact they announced Best Digital Drama, Best Informative Talk Show, and Best Culinary Show?

This. Is. Stupid.

"Here's a wonderfully b*tchy post from Montana82...." - Tom O'Neill Emmy Prediction Slugfest August 1st, 2019

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mark A Bowers
    Topics:

Very confused as to why Daytime Talk Informative Host was not presented on the telecast or on the press announcement of additional winners following the ceremony. Isn’t it a bit odd to have presented and awarded Talk Show Entertainment, Talk Show Host Entertainment, & Talk Show Informative and not Talk Show Host Informative?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BTN
    Topics:

I predicted 5 out of nine, with 4 of the 6 acting awards. I switched my prediction to Eva LaRue a few days ago. I predicted Jason, Tamara, Bryton, Eva, and GH for Directing Team.

For me this year’s Emmys was ruined by Heather Tom’s despicable win for Best Actress. This is now my least favorite daytime Emmy win of all time. She was hardly on B&B in 2019 and belonged in the supporting category but for the love of everything she needs to stop submitting! I was beyond disappointed and heartbroken!

Happiest for Jason Thompson, Tamara Braun, Olivia Rose Keegan and Eva LaRue!

The irony of Y&R winning for a terrible year with only a few good storylines and poor writing overall – that awful Christmas Carol really did kill GH’s chances. I wish they had just submitted both of the Oscar’s death episodes as their submission. Y&R still might have won but it would have been a fair fight.

I am reminded of when Y&R submitted Cassies death and Michaels Christmas carol type story and lost to general hospital! This is a losing combo!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Shasta15
    Topics:

`

Would you have been more upset by JPS winning for supporting actor or would HT still have been your least favorite result on the night?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

`

Would you have been more upset by JPS winning for supporting actor or would HT still have been your least favorite result on the night?

At least JPS is good in his role, I just really dislike the character he plays. I had HT in 5th place in my predictions. This will forever be my least favorite Emmy win of all time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Topics:

Im happy for Heather Tom. It’s not about who we like or who we want to win. The blue ribbon panel made their decision and let’s just accept their decision. I told y’all West wouldn’t win though (not to put salt in the wound). Me and someone else said the voters are through with all that screaming and hollering and over the top stuff. West turned in some phenomenal work but if we’re being honest Tom won for what was great story. And PS…the Emmys will never give there awards away based off a season or a years worth of material. It’s all about the reels in the end. I didn’t get mad because Annika or Katherine didn’t win. I got Drama Series, Lead Actor, Younger Performer, Writing, Directing, and Guest Performer right. I’m happy for Braun, James, Tom, Thompson, Keegan, and LaRue. They all have great performances. All this people getting robbed ordeal makes no sense. Tom didn’t steal from West or anybody. She put four episodes together and the voters loved it and they voted for her as the winner. Plain and simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    syrus80
    Topics:

Very happy for Keegan.

Not so happy about Heather Tom winning. She’s had the same storyline for years.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

Heather Tom makes history! And the B&B writing team takes the gold! These two wins were by far the sweetest surprises of the night! What a wonderful parting gift too for Patrick Mulcahey, whose brilliant scripts deserve all the Emmys in the world! Lead Actress was such a toss-up for me because I was rooting most for Heather, Ari or KKL to prevail and I know it sounds kind of crazy when taking into account her back-to-back Lead Actress wins, but Heather really was overdue considering the countless exceptional performances in the years since her last win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Topics:

Heather Tom makes history! And the B&B writing team takes the gold! These two wins were by far the sweetest surprises of the night! What a wonderful parting gift too for Patrick Mulcahey, whose brilliant scripts deserve all the Emmys in the world! Lead Actress was such a toss-up for me because I was rooting most for Heather, Ari or KKL to prevail and I know it sounds kind of crazy when taking into account her back-to-back Lead Actress wins, but Heather really was overdue considering the countless exceptional performances in the years since her last win.

I agree with everything you said.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

Poor KKL though! I was so convinced this was finally her time! It is quite bizarre how Ari’s now been nominated (in the exact same category!) each year that KKL also earned a nom, and both ended up losing out. I suppose in order for either to win down the road, they must not be nominated alongside each other!

Huge congrats still to Tamara Braun on her own historic win, and of course, to Bryton, Olivia Rose Keegan and Jason Thompson (who just had the most endearing acceptance speech!) on all their well-earned recognition!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

Im happy for Heather Tom. It’s not about who we like or who we want to win. The blue ribbon panel made their decision and let’s just accept their decision. I told y’all West wouldn’t win though (not to put salt in the wound). Me and someone else said the voters are through with all that screaming and hollering and over the top stuff. West turned in some phenomenal work but if we’re being honest Tom won for what was great story. And PS…the Emmys will never give there awards away based off a season or a years worth of material. It’s all about the reels in the end. I didn’t get mad because Annika or Katherine didn’t win. I got Drama Series, Lead Actor, Younger Performer, Writing, Directing, and Guest Performer right. I’m happy for Braun, James, Tom, Thompson, Keegan, and LaRue. They all have great performances. All this people getting robbed ordeal makes no sense. Tom didn’t steal from West or anybody. She put four episodes together and the voters loved it and they voted for her as the winner. Plain and simple.

Bingo!

Yes indeed

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I looked up how the Emmy winners fared in this year’s Goldies voting. Incredibly Jason Thompson, Bryton James and Eva LaRue all got zero votes (no points in the first round)! Heather Tom had one 2nd place vote in the first round. Tamara Braun tied for 3rd place with two other actresses in the first round (Suzanne Rogers won in a landslide in both rounds of voting). Olivia Rose Keegan came in 3rd place with Eden McCoy and Katelyn MacMullen getting just a few more points and votes than her. So we were mostly in disagreement with the Emmys. I think we do a better job with our Goldies than they do consistently year after year because we care about the whole year’s worth of work and not just a misleading Emmy reel.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 134 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.