Home Forums Daytime TV 2020 Daytime Emmy Awards reactions thread!

2020 Daytime Emmy Awards reactions thread!

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
StallionCity
BTN
  • Profile picture
    Djoko
    Topics:

Very confused as to why Daytime Talk Informative Host was not presented on the telecast or on the press announcement of additional winners following the ceremony. Isn’t it a bit odd to have presented and awarded Talk Show Entertainment, Talk Show Host Entertainment, & Talk Show Informative and not Talk Show Host Informative?

If the winners are the ladies of the The View I can see them being surprised on their show Monday with the announcement of their win. Just a guess.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    syrus80
    Topics:

Why haven’t they announced the acting winners for the digital drama categories?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    cnmem10
    Topics:

Great production kudos , few thoughts happy with most of the winners , Maura is a force and maybe she should change her submissions, I am sick of Tom same ole same and she has a LONG way to match Ms Slezak’s 6 Best Actress wins. What the hell does Ari Z have to do ? She’s long due.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    soapsarecool
    Topics:

Heather Tom’s Victoria Newman is one of my all-time favorite soap characters. Amelia Heinle has done a great job but Heather Tom was amazing for me, especially her crackling scenes with Eric Braeden. However, I have never found her compelling as Katie, mainly because of the way the character is written as a perennial victim.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sean Phillips
    Topics:

I really liked the presentation of the show. It looked professional and was smooth with lots of easy flow to it. It has certainly beaten recent years with Underwood’s “jokes” about what she’d do to Mario Lopez that were never funny and would get her fired were she a man. My only quibble is they didn’t get someone of more stature to present best drama. Kelly Ripa is not the legend La Lucci is or even someone like Phil Donahue. But all in all this is what I had in mind when I suggested this spring they should go this route and I’m pleased to see them nail it and do so on network television where it belongs.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sean Phillips
    Topics:

Ratings are in: 0.3 in the 18-49 demo (4th amongst shows on the night) and 3.05 million viewers. This isn’t great numbers wise but it’s not a total flop either. I hope the Emmys get with CBS to consider a new contract. Also there is no rule this has to be on a Friday so they can be creative with scheduling.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

I thought the telecast was very, very good overall. We’ve gotten a lot of produced-from-home content since the pandemic started, and this was miles better than anything else I’ve seen in that regard. I missed live reactions, but some of the filmed acceptances were really fun (Jason Thompson’s adorable kids and Olivia Rose Keegan’s crew of family and friends). It would have been nice to see more presenters, and particularly a wider variety of soap actors presenting, but I was glad for the ones we got. It was a little shocking seeing Maurice Benard and Jacqueline MacInnes Wood together presenting, but cool. I also loved the classic moments but, though I would have complained forever had they not shown Susan Lucci’s win, one of the greatest moments in Daytime Emmy history (maybe THE greatest moment).

Congratulations to all the winners! Almost none of them were my prediction or my first choice, but I’m happy for them anyway. It’s awesome Jason Thompson finally has an Emmy. My theory about the promotional announcement nomination turned out to be wrong, like most of my predictions.

Heather Tom being tied with Erika Slezak in Emmy wins is pretty incredible. The fact of her having now four Emmys for playing Katie Logan is rather bizarre, because it seems like with such a talented and lauded actress, B&B would make Katie a stronger character who actually feels like she could be leading a soap. But congrats to her on the major accomplishment and again to all the winners.

Oh, and the most insane part of this awards was that announcement that the other digital drama and talk show, etc. categories will be announced in LATE JULY. That’s nuts.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jw79bull
    Topics:

When Tamara Braun won, she had a NAACP Image Award on her table. Umm how and when did she win that award? 🤔🤔🤔

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    youngsoapfan
    Topics:

Great show. I finally got to watch it today, as I worked last night. While it would always be great to see Days win more, but i stick with what i said weeks ago, that if Days doesn’t win any other emmy’s tonight, I will be happy so long as at least Olivia Rose Keegan wins younger performer. And she did. I am so over the moon happy. She so deserved it, her acting has improved like 75% with this arson storyline. She was amazing. And she made history winning the FIRST combined gender younger acting emmy. Not only did she beat the other 4 actresses nominated, but she also beat out all the OTHER prenommed actresses in the category, and EVERY male actor prenommed in the category. Kudo’s to Keegan, Much Deserved.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JONNYSBRO
    Topics:

Actually this was the first emmys Kelly Ripa participated since 2002. Ripa actually is richer then Lucci now. Lucci is worth about 50 mil did u guys know Ripa is worth 100 to 120 million net worth. She makes between 22 to 25 million a year. Ripa is the richest star to ever come out of daytime. IMO AMC could be rebooted as a primetime show if Kelly got on board as an executive producer with the project

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sean Phillips
    Topics:

Idea for the Academy to come to the networks with next year if they can do it live and in person: have Kelly Clarkson host! She can perform, has a hot show to promote the awards, and has a large fan following who would casually watch.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Balthazar
    Topics:

I’ve met Susan Seaforth Hayes (& her husband) twice when she’s come through my town on book tours. She knows her stuff — e.g., knowing the acting races often hinge on the writing in the reels. Anyway — sort of on a tangent — but she told me her husband judged the reels to select the nominees a few years back…and she said they were scrambling to find five performances worthy of even nominating. The competition field was so dismal. Just FYI. Carry on….

(P.S. It was the Outstanding Actor reels Bill Hayes judged. ”Blue Ribbon Panel.”)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.