Home Forums Daytime TV 2020 Daytime Emmy nominations announced

2020 Daytime Emmy nominations announced

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
linecelts
EmmyLoser
  • Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Here are the major acting nominees in the Daytime Drama categories; please feel free to add other categories for Game Shows and Talk Shows, etc.

Best Actress:

Finola Hughes, General Hospital
    Katherine Kelly Lang, The Bold and the Beautiful
    Heather Tom, The Bold and the Beautiful
    Maura West, General Hospital
    Arianne Zucker, Days Of Our Lives

Best Actor:

Steve Burton, General Hospital
    Thorsten Kaye, The Bold and the Beautiful
    Jon Lindstrom, General Hospital
    Thaao Penghlis, Days Of Our Lives
    Jason Thompson, The Young and the Restless

Best Supporting Actress:

Tamara Braun, General Hospital
    Rebecca Budig, General Hospital
    Susan Seaforth Hayes, Days Of Our Lives
    Christel Khalil, The Young and the Restless
    Annika Noelle, The Bold and the Beautiful

Best Supporting Actor:

Mark Grossman, The Young and the Restless
    Bryton James, The Young and the Restless
    Wally Kurth, Days Of Our Lives
    Chandler Massey, Days Of Our Lives
    James Patrick Stuart, General Hospital
    Paul Telfer, Days Of Our Lives

Best Younger Actor/Actress:

Sashe Calle, The Young and the Restless
    Olivia Rose Keegan, Days Of Our Lives
    Katelyn MacMullen, General Hospital
    Eden McCoy, General Hospital
    Thia Megia, Days Of Our Lives

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I am rooting for Maura West, Jon Lindstrom, Tamara Braun, Chandler Massey, Eden McCoy, and Chrishell Stause. GH for Drama Series, Directing and Writing. So I am rooting for GH to win big this year.

I would be very happy with wins for Arianne Zucker, Jason Thompson (he should have won for GH), Paul Telfer, Olivia Rose Keegan or Katelyn MacMullen as second choices.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    syrus80
    Topics:

OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DIGITAL DRAMA SERIES

Tina Benko as Helen
    The Rehearsal

Veanne Cox as Lenora
    Indoor Boys

Patrika Darbo as Violet
    Studio City

Carolyn Hennesy as Gloria
    Studio City

Janet Hubert as Mignon
    Issa Rae Presents King Ester

TSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DIGITAL DRAMA SERIES

Willam Belli as Douglas / Gomorrah Ray
    Eastsiders

Leith M. Burke as Derrick
    Eastsiders

Tristan Rogers as Doc
    Studio City

Lenny Wolpe as Carl
    After Forever

Gregory Zarian as Nate
    Venice the Series

OUTSTANDING GUEST PERFORMER IN A DRAMA SERIES

Elissa Kapneck as Sasha
    The Young and the Restless CBS

Michael Knight as Martin Grey
    General Hospital ABC

Eva LaRue as Celeste Rosales

Jeffrey Vincent Parise as Simon Black

Chrishell Stause as Jordan Ridgeway
    Days of Our Lives NBC

OUTSTANDING GUEST PERFORMER IN A DIGITAL DRAMA SERIES

Rene Heger as Zack Sullivan
    DARK/WEB

Mary Beth Peil as Helen
    After Forever

Scott Turner Schofield as Max
    Studio City

Lin Shaye as Diane
    Eastsiders

Graham Sibley as Zack
    DARK/WEB

OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A LEAD ACTOR IN A DIGITAL DRAMA SERIES

Kristos Andrews as Pete Garrett
    The Bay The Series

Alex Hurt as Adam
    The Rehearsal

Brad James as Cameran Jr.
    A House Divided

Sean Kanan as Sam Stevens
    Studio City

Brian White as Jimmy Blue
    Bronx SIU

OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE BY A LEAD ACTRESS IN A DIGITAL DRAMA SERIES

Rowin Amone as Ester
    Issa Rae Presents King Ester

Mary Beth Evans as Sara Garrett
    The Bay The Series

Jade Harlow as Lianna Ramos
    The Bay The Series

Cady Huffman as Lisa
    After Forever

Shanti Lowry as Yolanda Rodriguez
    Bronx SIU

OUTSTANDING WRITING TEAM FOR A DRAMA SERIES

The Bold and the Beautiful CBS
    Days of Our Lives NBC
    General Hospital ABC

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BTN
    Topics:

Thorsten Kaye should win! I can’t believe how good he was!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    syrus80
    Topics:

OUTSTANDING DIGITAL DRAMA SERIES

After Forever

The Bay The Series

DARK/WEB

Eastsiders

Studio City

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES

The Bold and the Beautiful CBS
    Days of Our Lives NBC
    General Hospital ABC

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

I’m interested to see what the soaps submitted for Drama Series!?

I think B&B will win Writing

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Tony Ruiz
    Topics:

Thoughts…

Thaao???? What the hell did he do on the show that was Lead?

Yay for KKL!!

They combine the genders in younger performance and ONLY nominate females??

Thorsten Kaye…UGH!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Thaao Penghlis’s nomination is a travesty. He did NOTHING to deserve it. His scenes with Leann Hunley is all I can think of and it was o.k. but not Emmy worthy at all! Truly strange! He was on so few episodes, he was not a LEAD performer!

o.k., I would rank the acting nominees thusly:

Best Actress:

1. Maura West, GH – I hope she submitted the reveal that “Kevin” was actually Ryan, those scenes sizzled!

2. Arianne Zucker, Days – I hope she submitted the fiery scenes when she was Kristen pretending to be Nicole when she was grieving the “death” of Holly!

3. Finola Hughes, GH – not a lead performer in 2019, but she’s always good. All I can think about is her scenes with Peter, doubting his veracity. I didn’t think this was a particularly good year for her.

4. Katherine Kelly Lang, B&B – I didn’t watch very much last year, but I did see her confrontation scene with Ridge late in the year. She’s always good but there were several actresses who deserved to be nominated more than her.

5. Heather Tom, B&B – is this her 17th or 18th nomination? Why do they love her so much? I have always been puzzled by her. She’s good but she just doesn’t move me much at all. It’s just me I suppose. She was “dying” at one point in 2019, I suspect she submitted those scenes.

Best Actor:

1. Jon Lindstrom, GH – no contest! He deserved it last year, and he better win this year! (which means he won’t! lol!) Definitely any of his scenes during the reveal that Ryan was pretending to be Kevin and also those scenes between Kevin and Laura when they were locked in that basement together.

2. Jason Thompson, Y&R – not fond of his Billy but he’s a great actor. His solo episode was phenomenal acting. It would make up for his five losses as Patrick on GH were he to win.

3. Thorsten Kaye, B&B – I don’t get this nomination at all. Ridge’s triangle with Shauna and Brooke was probably what he submitted.

4. Steve Burton, GH – they sure do love him. 2 Emmys. I don’t like his work at all as the “borg” and am really surprised by his nomination. I guess his friendship scenes with Carly? IDK. Blah!

5. Thaao Penghlis, Days – as I said before totally undeserved! His scenes with Leann Hunley is all he had in 2019. Bizarre nomination.

Supporting Actress:

1. Tamara Braun, GH – Oscar’s death episodes were AMAZING! Before they made her character a lunatic later in the year she was terrific. Hoping she submitted early in the year material. So emotional!

2. Susan Seaforth Hayes, Days – her confrontation scene with Camila Banus’s Gabi was really good, but what? This category is a total mess! Love her but geez!

3. Annika Noelle, B&B – she will have a great Emmy reel – the baby switch reveal episodes – but I don’t like her very much.

4. Chistel Khalil, Y&R – she was hardly on the show – she was a guest performer. I don’t get this nomination at all!

5. Rebecca Budig, GH – blink and you missed her! she’s always good but she was not Emmy-worthy!

I guess Suzanne Rogers didn’t submit?

Supporting Actor:

1. Chandler Massey, Days – the scenes after the time jump were phenomenal! The scene with Wally Kurth – they chould both submit it – at the prison when Justin says he still loves Will. The scenes when Will was dying yet again early in the year.

2. Paul Telfer, Days – I hope he submits scenes he did with Suzanne Rogers’s Maggie. Their friendship is so tender. Also his love for Sarah. For comedy there are his scenes with Leo! So happy he is nominated!

3. Wally Kurth, Days – he probably submitted the prison scene mentioned above. He was at his very best ever in them.

4. Mark Grossman, Y&R – really a lead performer, his Adam was one of the few bright spots on the show in 2019.

5. Bryton James, Y&R – I suppose he could win for Neil’s death. I have never really liked him, lack of charisma, but others adore his acting. He could win.

6. James Patrick Stuart, GH – Valentin is one of my least favorite characters ): I would guess the wedding scenes when he is confronted for his misdeeds.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Younger Actor/Actress: (only females need apply – where are Garen Stitt and William Lipton?)

1. Eden McCoy, GH – her grieving scenes during and after Oscar’s death, OMG!

2. Olivia Rose Keegan, Days – crazy Claire’s scenes when she was set up by Tripp and Ciara to trap her into revealing she burned down the cabin!

3. Katelyn MacMullen, GH – so many terrific scenes but her confrontation scenes with her mother in prison and confronting Shiloh were her best efforts.

4. Sasha Calle, Y&R – she’s o.k., not great. She has some good work with Michael Mealor’s Kyle.

5. Thia Megia, Days – what? why? I don’t get this nomination at all!

Guest Performer is a travesty this year – I will root for Chrishell Stause for Days, but none of these imo are deserving.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sean Phillips
    Topics:

Freeman:

Which wedding for James Patrick Stuart? The second one was in January. Also, you’re very off base with Budig. She’s got a strong reel in the scenes where she tells Finn about Violet. She was very NOT blink and you miss. She was probably one of the best things in the second half of the year on that show and they need to get her back, pronto!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    rlk
    Topics:

Not everyone you want can always get in, so I’m only ever really disappointed when I see nominations handed to “undeserving” performances. For me, Lead Actor is the only place that is truly problematic, with the noms for Steve Burton (over costars Roger Howarth and Billy Miller) and Thaoo Penghlis (over Eric Marstolf and Greg Vaughn, if they went lead). I don’t understand Finola Hughes in lead and Mark Grossman in supporting, but that’s where they submitted. And while I never would have imagined Susan Hayes or Christel Khalil getting in supporting actress, I see where there was material/scenes in 2019 that could get votes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    linecelts
    Topics:

Freeman: Christel Khalil probably submitted Neil Winter’s death and well deserved.

Jacqueline MacInnes Wood should have gotten KKL’s spot for Lead Actress. Annika Noelle was Lead NOT Supporting.

Don’t know why Thorsten got nominated!?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    syrus80
    Topics:

What the heck does Days’ John Aniston have to do to get a nomination?

I hope Arianne finally wins!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Freeman:

Which wedding for James Patrick Stuart? The second one was in January. Also, you’re very off base with Budig. She’s got a strong reel in the scenes where she tells Finn about Violet. She was very NOT blink and you miss. She was probably one of the best things in the second half of the year on that show and they need to get her back, pronto!

I think it’s just that I don’t particularly like her, that’s all. I think Tamara Braun was the best of the 5 nominees. I really don’t get Christel Khalil’s nomination at all – that’s a real headscratcher for me. I am sure there is someone who will say she deserves to win. We all have different opinions! Let’s see what the blue ribbon panelists think!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Freeman:

The interrupted wedding at the end of 2019, not the one from 2020. The one where Sasha admitted to her deception. I simply can’t stand Valentin, I always want to switch the channel when is on! Loved him on AMC and on Frasier! Don’t care for Valentin at all.

I thought Bill Hayes might get in for Days or John Aniston, but it didn’t happen…

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.