Home Forums Daytime TV 2021 Daytime Emmy Awards reactions thread!

2021 Daytime Emmy Awards reactions thread!

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 115 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
EmmyLoser
linecelts
  • Profile picture
    OLTLfan
    Topics:

Over the top screaming has won plenty of times!

Exactly! All of these actresses won for shouty reels.

Nancy Lee Grahn’s last Emmy.
    Maura West’s last Emmy.
    Susan Haskell’s last Emmy.
    Gina Tognoni’s last Emmy.
    Hillary B. Smith’s Emmy.
    Cynthia Watros’ Emmy.
    Most of Erika Slezak, Judith Light, Kim Zimmer, Heather Tom and Susan Flannery’s Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

Susan Flannery was a shouty QUEEN.

Though I don’t remember Maura’s last Emmy win being at all shouty. The last time she won was the last time I saw a reel of hers that I didn’t think got to be a little much at some point (and I love Maura).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

The shoutiest reel and actress of all: Laura Wright!!!! Jess Walton and Michelle Stafford too. The more subtle quieter actresses tend to not be nominated let alone win! (;

Hillary B Smith wasn’t shouty at all in her 1993-94 reel. She gave an emotional summation at the rape trial and then was being menaced by Todd alone and registering fear similar to Wait Until Dark.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Topics:

When I say shouty I mean over the top and hysterical.

Bryan Craig was so shouty in his 2nd winning reel but he deserved it though.

I thought Maura won in 2015 for Ava having cryptic sex with Sonny and the aftermath.

Jess Walton wasn’t that loud in her 1991 reel.

Laura Wright was kinda heartfelt in her 2011 winning reel.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jw79bull
    Topics:

UHHHH The show is in 17 days, so are we not getting any nominations for Actress & Actor in a Digital drama? Are those acting categories eliminated? Does it have something to do with the Patrika Darbo situation. (she ‘won’ the emmy but then OOPS she didn’t win) ?????

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

UHHHH The show is in 17 days, so are we not getting any nominations for Actress & Actor in a Digital drama? Are those acting categories eliminated? Does it have something to do with the Patrika Darbo situation. (she ‘won’ the emmy but then OOPS she didn’t win) ?????

If I am understanding their website correctly they are dividing the daytime emmys into separate awards with the second one in July. It’s unclear when they are revealing the digital acting nominations but I think it’s on June 28th? If anybody can make heads or tails of it all please let us all know!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jw79bull
    Topics:

If I am understanding their website correctly they are dividing the daytime emmys into separate awards with the second one in July. It’s unclear when they are revealing the digital acting nominations but I think it’s on June 28th? If anybody can make heads or tails of it all please let us all know!

June 25th

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

June 25th

The telecast for the awards that have already been announced is on the 25th – the nominations for the other awards it looks like they will be announced on the 28th with a broadcast date of July 17/18 – which will be broadcast online. The wording on their press release is a bit confusing but that’s what I think it is saying.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

Reflecting on the Supporting Actress category…

#2: Tamara Braun… is the only nominee in this category who is already an Emmy winner.

Not quite. Carolyn Hennesy won a Daytime Emmy in 2017 for Outstanding Supporting or Guest Actress in a Digital Daytime Drama Series for her work on The Bay. This year marks her second career nomination in the Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Daytime Drama Series category (she was previously nominated for her work as Diane Miller on GH in 2010).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Not quite. Carolyn Hennesy won a Daytime Emmy in 2017 for Outstanding Supporting or Guest Actress in a Digital Daytime Drama Series for her work on The Bay. This year marks her second career nomination in the Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Daytime Drama Series category (she was previously nominated for her work as Diane Miller on GH in 2010).

Yes, I forgot about her Emmy win for The Bay. I don’t think the digital drama nominations have been announced yet for this year? It says on their website the nominations are coming out on June 28th for the other categories they will be handing out separately online on July 17/18.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

Yes, I think you’re correct, Freeman. The second wave of nominations is supposed to be announced on June 28 and will announce nominees for awards to be presented in the two additional ceremonies on July 17 and 18. That will include the acting awards for the digital dramas. I believe that with the rebranding, though, those categories may now be classified as acting awards for daytime fiction series, in which case the digital drama performers may be competing with some of the same streaming non-soap programs that took the lion’s share of the craft nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    youngsoapfan
    Topics:

CarolyN Henesy may have won a digital emmy, but Tamara Braun is the only nominee in this category who has received a regular emmy before, not once but twice in this category, and once was for this particular role as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I hadn’t realized that Marla Adams has been on 6 different soaps! she was on the Secret Storm (1968-74) as the scheming Belle Clemons, then she was on Capitol as Myrna Clegg, then she played Dina for 3 years (1983-86) and returned to the role for occasional visits until coming back to the show in 2017 for a 4 year stint that ended last year, then she was on Generations, The Bold and the Beautiful (as Beth Logan), and Days Of Our Lives (as snooty Dr. Claire McIntyre). While I truly have no idea who will win Supporting Actress this year I am rooting for 82 year old Marla Adams to win the award!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Topics:

It’s so hard to make a prediction. I know we all have our predictions. It would be so easier to just see the reels. I wanna know why they stopped releasing the reels anyways. It didn’t hinder the judging process. The winners had already been determined by the time the reels were released.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I think they stopped putting the reels out because certain performers were unhappy with the criticisms of their reels by us, the fans. That whole transparency issue was apparently one-sided – it did not include transparency for the fans!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.