Home Forums Daytime TV 2021 Daytime Emmy Awards reactions thread!

2021 Daytime Emmy Awards reactions thread!

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 121 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
EmmyLoser
linecelts
  • Profile picture
    gatorman
    Topics:

Sheryl Underwood is hosting this years Daytime Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sean Phillips
    Topics:

Sheryl Underwood is hosting this years Daytime Emmys.

Given I have vivid memories of her saying she’d rape Mario Lopez, her former co host, this isn’t gonna be funny and is just going to be a lot of cringe.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    youngsoapfan
    Topics:

lovely. well maybe if she hosts alone, without a hunky man beside her, maybe she’ll tone it down.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

CarolyN Henesy may have won a digital emmy, but Tamara Braun is the only nominee in this category who has received a regular emmy before, not once but twice in this category, and once was for this particular role as well.

It might help to look at it this way. The Digital daytime drama acting awards are competitive Emmys, just like the Daytime drama acting categories or those of the Primetime and International Emmys. As such, they are held in equal esteem. After all, there is no disclaimer (with the subheading of which Emmy category one has won) attached to the designation “Emmy winner”. At the end of the day, an Emmy is an Emmy is an Emmy lol. But to your point, yes, Carolyn Hennesy would be a first-time winner in this particular (Daytime Drama Supporting Actress) Emmy category.

Supporting Actress and Actor are the two categories I’m having the hardest time predicting. As wonderful it is to see Carolyn Hennesy getting recognized (because she always brings her A-Game to any scene she’s in), I’m not sure if her limited amount of material and screen time last year in relation to some of the other nominees here will be enough to help carry her to a win. Of course, I’m rooting for Courtney Hope (whose surprise nomination along with Darin Brooks’ — finally! — were personal highlights). It’s awesome that Tamara Braun and Bryton are both back in the running, though I’m also not sure how much having just won last year will affect their chances at a possible repeat win. Will Max Gail and Marla Adams cancel each other out due to the similarities in their respective character’s storylines, or perhaps it could lead to them both winning?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I don’t understand the cancelling each other out argument? The panelists are completely different for the two categories. It’s interesting that you think Supporting Actor would be close since I think it’s the biggest lock for Max Gail, it’s the category I feel most certain about (and I am rooting for James Patrick Stuart). Supporting Actress is the category I am least certain about but the only one I don’t really want to see win is Courtney Hope! I find her quite boring but what will the panelists think?

Last year I got my heart out of the way and predicted 4 of the 6 acting categories, and came close to getting 5 right since I had Olivia Rose Keegan in a super close 2nd place (I thought Eden McCoy would win on the strength of Oscar’s death, just like I thought Tamara Braun would win for the same reason). I also predicting Directing Team correctly. I am trying to get my heart out of the way this year but without seeing the reels it’s extremely difficult. Ultimately for me it comes down to which of these nominees would I be happy to see win the award? In most categories there are at least 3 or 4 who I think are Emmy-worthy and would be happy to hear their name announced as the winner, with Supporting Actor being the one category I feel really unenthusiastic about that group of nominees (rooting for JPS).

Less than 2 weeks away. I am hoping that they have the nominees from various shows together on their respective sets rather than individually at home. But I am really not sure how they are going to do it this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gatorman
    Topics:

Will we know what the soaps submitted for Drama, Directing and Writing Series before the telecast? I wish they would let the FANS know and put up clips.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Will we know what the soaps submitted for Drama, Directing and Writing Series before the telecast? I wish they would let the FANS know and put up clips.

Last year we did find out what the shows submitted but I can’t remember if that was the case for the year before? I know we never did find out for 2017, when Days won all 3 awards (at least not before the awards – did we ever learn afterwards?). My memory is that last year we found out only days before the broadcast…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

Anyone else notice how this year’s group of potential winners could mirror those of the 2019 Daytime Emmys (if Benard, JMW, Gail all end up winning)? If that pattern were to line up with the remaining acting categories, chances look good especially for Hennesy/Henry and Delaney/Lane!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    youngsoapfan
    Topics:

the year that days won all 3, one of the episodes submitted was Chad and Abigails wedding when Ben showed up and it almost went into fantasy style mode and Abigail decked Ben. At least thats the clip they showed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

I do remember that clip being shown, and I know Marci Miller submitted some of those scenes, but I thought the show had gone with material from the storyline where JJ shot Theo. I don’t remember having any confirmation on that, though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Steve Burton mentioned on his online show today that they did the awards the same way as last year, where everybody filmed a speech beforehand. He mentioned that he will be rehearsing with his band for a show he will be performing on Saturday on Friday night and following the Emmys online to learn if he or other castmates have won Emmys as the night progresses. I am really disappointed they are doing that format (at least that is what he said they did and he is one of the nominees!).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

I just read a brief article on Daytime Confidential saying that the ceremony would be different than last year and include some live elements, but it seems that yes, Steve’s live participation as a nominee and potential winner is not required. They are doing the pre-recorded speeches again, which was maybe my least favorite part. After seeing people do live remote acceptances of awards during the Golden Globes (RIP), the primetime Emmys, and the Oscars over the past year, I was really hoping the Daytime Emmys could at least get us the real excitement of a live acceptance speech.

Instead, it seems the live elements will focus more on the hosting and presenting, which is the part that could be totally canned without really losing all that much.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    youngsoapfan
    Topics:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/48th_Daytime_Emmy_Awards

This link has some of the creative arts/ technical award nominees as well as the nominees for digital daytime drama.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Michael Fairman has some red carpet videos up on his youtube channel that are fun to watch!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

Yeah, I get why the pre-recorded speeches were perhaps a necessary component to last year’s telecast, but it feels like a rather lazy decision to repeat the same format again, especially when the producers already plan to have some live elements integrated into the presentation of the awards. I’d also much rather see the live reactions of winners when the envelope is opened. Not to mention, I find it somewhat tasteless asking all of the nominees to pre-record an acceptance speech where (as Wally Kurth puts it best in his SOD Lead Actor Nominees interview) “it’s just strange trying to act like you’re happy and excited about winning an award that you, let’s face it, have not won yet”. I guess their line of reasoning is… a great bulk of the nominees are actors, so they shouldn’t have to sweat faking an acceptance speech, right?! lol

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 121 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.