Home Forums Daytime TV 2021 Daytime Emmy Awards wishlist

2021 Daytime Emmy Awards wishlist

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
EmmyLoser
alokin
gatorman
  • Profile picture
    Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Topics:

Since there’s no prenominations this year, who would you like to see get a Daytime Emmy nomination and win?

We all know all 4 drama series will be nominated for Writing, Drama Series, and Directing so no need to name those three categories.

For Lead Actress I’d like to see Sharon Case, Jacqueline MacIness Wood, Katherine Kelly Lang, Maura West, and Arianne Zucker on the list with Wood winning for Steffy’s pill addiction storyline.

Lead Actor…Jason Thompson, Maurice Benard, Billy Flynn, Scott Clifton, and Peter Bergman with Thompson winning for his performance in Billy’s stand alone episode in December.

Supporting Actor…Matthew Atkinson, Robert Scott Wilson, Max Gail, Bryton James, Paul Telfer, and Chandler Massey…this could go 3 ways in my opinion. Gail could win for his exit story, but on the other hand it could be Atkinson for Thomas’s breakdown or James for Devon confronting Elena for her tryst with Nate.

Supporting Actress…Annika Noelle, Lindsey Godfrey, Stacy Haiduk… someone help me with this category it’s always been a trick one.

Younger Performer…William Lipton, Victoria Konefal, Eden McCoy, Lindsay Arnold, and Olivia Rose Keegan. I’d like for Konefal to take it if she’s nominated (which she definitely will be).

What are your thoughts and before we start no one show is going to win every award.

Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

I’d love to see JMW score a Lead Actress victory for her extraordinary set of heart-rending performances in what was imo the single-most compelling storyline of the year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

It would be interesting to see one of the four shows not be nominated in one of the major categories (series, writing or directing). It’s my understanding that this is possible, though very unlikely. I don’t want to see a show be punished per se, but it would be a good reminder that the shows are earning these nominations, even if it is easier than it used to be because there are potentially enough slots for everyone.

I’ll also say, before I mention performers, that the Daytime Emmys for me are about the year of eligibility but certainly also about overall balance. So, someone like Heather Tom would have to basically perform literal magic for me to put her on a wishlist to get another Emmy at this point.

It would be nice to see JMW get a nomination, and I hope her work in 2020 quiets the naysayers from her win for 2018. I could get behind a win for Nancy Lee Grahn or Genie Francis if they showed up here, but I’m also pulling hard to see Camila Banus show up here and challenge for a win. (Camila is one of the three people I consider to be owed an Emmy based on losing one despite having a far superior reel. She was incredible in the episode where Gabi confessed to killing Nick, but lost to Hunter King. The other two are Casey Moss losing to Rome Flynn despite turning in probably the best performance of any male actor that year when JJ nearly committed suicide and Arianne Zucker as Nicole faced the consequences of the baby switch story with Sami losing out to Julie Pinson.) Anyway, it was a second consecutive year of Camila breathing life into her corner of the show on DAYS and a win would be well earned.

In lead actor, I’d love to see Stephen Nichols get recognized for doing really difficult work that I’m sure won’t be appreciated during the awful Stevano storyline. Not sure where he’ll submit, but Matthew Atkinson also did some really strong work this year and would be a good nominee. Call me a grinch, but since Maurice Benard and Max Gail both already have Emmys for Mike’s Alzheimer’s story, I’m not really in favor of giving either of them another for it, and Maurice didn’t really do anything compelling outside of that storyline in 2020.

Supporting actress is an impossible category because there are so many doing such good work. Lisa LoCicero and Courtney Hope really stood out to me this year for different reasons: Courtney because she was unceremoniously fired and Lisa because she was really giving me all the feels when so much of the buzz was about performers in other storylines.

In supporting actor, I’d love to see the DAYS guys make a strong showing here, based on some of the performances during the time jump flashback week (over a year ago now) especially, but also who knows where some of the actors will submit. Robert Scott Wilson and Paul Telfer both had the presence to run as leads but seem more likely to submit in supporting.

Younger performer is very tough. It feels almost criminal that Eden McCoy doesn’t have an Emmy yet, but Victoria Konefal and William Lipton were both absolutely dynamite this year, so one of those three would make a great winner.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

Oh, also I think Alison Sweeney should win whichever category she submits in. I’d call her supporting, but she’s probably eligible in guest (though her Christmas appearance may complicate that). Now that the guest submission rules are the same as the other categories (15 minutes but however many episodes you want, rather than the previous rule of submitting just one episode), she probably has a strong shot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gatorman
    Topics:

I only watch Y&R and I hardly watched it last year. I would love to see Sharon Case get nominated for Lead Actress. I’d also like to see get Camryn Grimes get a Supporting Actress nod.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

For me I have 5 actors and 5 actresses who I am really hoping will make it this year. For Actors it would be Chandler Massey, Freddie Smith, Lucas Adams, Mike Manning and William Lipton. There are others I would like to see in there too but those are my top 5.

For Actresses I most hope to see Genie Francis, Alison Sweeney, Nancy Lee Grahn, Maura West and Suzanne Rogers (but she doesn’t usually submit). There are some others who I think did really great work in 2020 as well but those would be my personal top 5 picks who I think did consistently great work last year.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.