Home Forums Daytime TV 2021 Daytime Emmy reels discussion thread

2021 Daytime Emmy reels discussion thread

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 103 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
ardejahcathar..
EmmyLoser
  • Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

As we learn about the reels that each performer and/or show has submitted let’s share the information here! Tonight Michael Fairman will be interviewing many of the nominees and he always asks what they submitted.

I found an interview with Darin Brooks, nominated for Best Supporting Actor as Wyatt Spencer on The Bold and the Beautiful. This is what he said he submitted: it starts with Wyatt finding out that Sally is “dying” and he goes to her and asks her to tell him the truth about it. Then a scene where Wyatt finds out about Sally kidnapping and holding hostage Flo, and then the rescue of Flo. Ending with Flo telling him that Sally isn’t dying and he confronts Sally about it.

As we find out about more submissions, let’s discuss them here!

Profile picture
    Celtic DW
    Topics:

I had a feeling that’s what he submitted.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Topics:

Brooks chose well. I can get behind those submissions. Knowing me I would have voted for him.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

Good thread!

I don’t remember Darin Brooks being particularly standout in the reveal and rescue scenes with Sally and Flo, but he’s always solid.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Topics:

When I find out who picked what episodes I’m going to do some searching for episodes and I’m going to watch all that’s available. Things would be so much easier if the nats would just release the reels to the public. It makes no sense to hide them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I like Darin Brooks but I saw two of those three scenes when they aired and Wyatt was very passive and reactive rather than the protagonist in those scenes. (I didn’t see the rescue scene, which sounds more action oriented but less about acting). I would prefer for him to win than James and or Kober though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OLTLfan
    Topics:

Dominic Zamprogna’s reel:

Dante & Sonny’s church scene after Dante returned to Port Charles (10/9).

Dante & Lulu’s first scene after he returned to Port Charles (10/12).

Dante & Lulu before Floating Rib explosion (11/19) and Dante at Lulu’s hospital bed after (11/30).

Lisa LoCicero did submit supporting and wasn’t nominated.

Robert Wilson submitted lead for DAYS.

Wally Kurth submitted supporting for GH.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

O.K., so just finished watching Michael Fairman’s special, which was GREAT! Some of the actors didn’t really answer the question or were very vague but I will do my best to report some of the others. OLTLfan has already covered Dominic Zamprogna’s submission – thank you!

Courtney Hope submitted the scene where Katie tries to convince her to tell Wyatt that she is dying; lying to Flo about her “dying”; and the confrontation scene with Flo and Wyatt that Darin Brooks submitted as well.

Melissa Clare Egan submitted the scene where Chelsea broke up with Nick; when Chelsea was drugged and kidnapped and in that room by herself; a monologue – she says how much she misses the sound of a happy household, and overhearing Adam say he is still in love with Sharon.

Finola Hughes was very vague and just said she submitted a scene with Peter, a scene with Finn, and a scene where she played both Anna and Alex. Wish she had gone into more detail…

Cady McClain mentioned the phenomenal scene at the party when Jennifer learns that Jack had sex with Kate and slapped Jack! (Unclear if there is more on her reel?)

Tamara Braun submitted really well, a varied reel: meeting Tripp for the first time; a scene at Kayla and Steve’s; and her best scene – where she meets with Charlie and it is revealed he is her son and he raped Allie!

Victoria Konefal submitted the amazing scene where she confronts Claire after the wedding and accuses Claire of killing Ben! She also submitted the execution scenes, when Ben was going to be executed but she has the proof that he didn’t do it, and some sweet scenes with Rafe for contrast with all the heavy drama.

Wally Kurth submitted brilliantly! Of course the scene in the hospital when Adrienne died with Chandler and Freddie! Scene with Maggie when she tried to kill herself and he tells her she didn’t kill Adrienne and the baby. The confrontation scene between Justin and Orpheus where he points a gun at Orpheus. and the pub scene with Kayla, his reel ends with the scene when he is packing up to leave Kayla’s afer the non-wedding where he has a heart to hert talk with Sonny (very poignant) – his reel is rich and varied and now I think he could win!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Topics:

Now that I have most of the reels I’m going to go back and rewatch those episodes. I need to get a feel for the emotions and anger and heartfelt moments.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ardejah Cat Harbin
    Topics:

I still need Thorsten Kaye, Steve Burton, Jacqueline MacIness Wood, Genie Francis, Nancy Lee Grahn, The guy who plays Cyrus on GH, James Patrick Stuart, Marla Adams, Carolyn Hennessy, Bryana Nicole, The guy that plays TJ and the girl who plays Trina on GH, and the girl that plays Willow on gh. I also want to know what episodes were picked for Drama Series, Writing, and Directing (sometimes the episodes we think we’re picked sometimes aren’t the episodes that were picked I’ve had to be careful in the past about that)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

Honestly I’m most eager to know what DAYS submitted in writing to get them not nominated and whether they used the same episodes in drama series and/or directing.

Those sound like great choice so far! The reels sound like they would be really enjoyable to watch, and might make me complain less about the nominees if I could see them. I love that Victoria Konefal included some of the execution stuff on her reel. Ciara dragging Evan down to Statesville at gunpoint to confess that he killed Jordan is my favorite thing that happened on all of soaps last year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I added a few things upon rewatching the interviews that I missed the first time, particulary for Wally Kurth and Melissa Clare Egan.

Here’s hoping we get to learn what the other nominees submitted!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Has anybody read anything about what the shows submitted for Drama Series, Directing Team and/or Writing? It’s impossible to predict those categories without knowing what the submissions are!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Two more: Alyvia Alyn Lind as Faith on Y&R – (I am confused by what she says she submitted because I thought the bullying and drunk driving scenes were in 2021 and therefore ineligible but perhaps the bully storyline began at the end of 2020 and she had a drunk driving incident earlier than a month or so ago this year? I may have missed the beginning of the bullying story): “I selected the issues Faith had to overcome: bullying, underage drinking and driving, and her mom’s fight with cancer”. (I sure would love to see her entire reel!)

Bryton James: “it starts with the scene where she (Elena) tells me that she cheated, and then the next two scenes where I asked her why she did it, and telling that I don’t want her to live there anymore. And then I submitted the scenes a couple of weeks later, where she’s at Lola’s, and I get to confront her and tell her off all over again!” All of his scenes are with Brytni Sarpi as Elena. Somehow I saw all of these scenes. For me they are underwhelming ):

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Here is what Katelyn MacMullen has shared about her submission for Younger Performer: “I submitted scenes from the baby reveal, when Willow finds out that Wiley wasn’t her son and that her biological son has passed. Then also Chase in the hospital, and the grave scenes with Elizabeth, where Willow is at the grave of her son. Then also when Willow walks in on Chase and Sasha having their fake affair, when a whole argument ensued”… I am trying to remember what scene she is referring to with Chase in the hospital? This would have been some time during 2020.

Has anybody read anything at all about what any of the 4 shows have submitted for Drama Series, Directing Team or Writing???

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 103 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.