Home Forums Daytime TV 2021 Daytime Emmy Submissions

2021 Daytime Emmy Submissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 136 through 149 (of 149 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
OLTLfan
EmmyLoser
  • Profile picture
    Paul Vargo
    Topics:

My guess for likely noms lead categories.

Lead Actress

Think 6 should get in. Have Sweeny on the outside looking in as she been a major snub in the past and I’m not sure she will summit

Nancy Lee Grahm, General Hospital
    Cynthia Watros, General Hospital
    Arianne Zuker, Days Of Our Lives
    Sharon Case, Young and the Restlesss
    Jackee Harry, Days of our lives
    Jacqueline MacInnes Wood, Bold and the Beautiful

Lead Actor

Have five here with Clifton in the last spot for the January episodes about the Steffy and Liam having sex fall out. Watch for James Reynolds if the Reveal about Lani not being his daughter happens this year.

Maurice Benard, General Hospital
    Steve Burton, General Hospital
    Robert Scott Wilson, Days of Our Lives
    Mark Gossman, Young and the Restless
    Scott Clifton, Bold and the Beautiful

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

Monday, September 27, 2021
    Days of our Lives
    Outstanding Lead Actor
    Robert Scott Wilson — Ben Weston

Ben and Ciara have a conversation about his not wanting to have children, and Ben opens up about his fear that the mental health issues that made him and Jordan into killers might be passed on to a child and that he’d be a bad parent.

I like that the show is having Ben continue to struggle with his history as a killer and his life going forward. RSW was surprisingly moving in these scenes for me.

Also, this stuff will likely not get on an Emmy reel, but shout out to Deidre Hall, whose been great the last couple of episodes as devil-possessed Marlena.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I am citing Cynthia Watros as Nina on General Hospital – Nina holds her own when Carly confronts her about her keeping the secret that Sonny was alive for nine months. Nina lets Carly have it for her horrible deception over Nelle’s death and other misdeeds. I let out several “Wow'”s and clapped for Nina as she let that awful shrill shouty Carly have it!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

^^^ I agree, Cynthia Watros is riveting here, but I feel her performance transcends the screen due in part to the equally-strong, excellent work by Laura Wright, who made those scenes truly dynamite!

Another wonderful performance that recently got overlooked:

Friday, September 17, 2021

The Young and the Restless

Outstanding Supporting Actress: Camryn Grimes (Mariah Copeland)
    Outstanding Writing in a Drama Series
    Outstanding Music Direction/Composition for a Drama Series

At the reception following baby Dominic’s christening, Mariah experiences a mental breakdown and as a result comes to realize that she must distance herself from “Bowie” (the name she affectionately gave to Dominic during the time of Mariah’s kidnapping) in order to preserve her own well-being. After informing Abby that she and Tessa are moving out of the Abbott mansion, Mariah says a heartfelt goodbye to Bowie and promises him that one day when she’s stronger, she hopes to be a part of his life again.

A gripping set of performances from Camryn, who so effortlessly captures a whole range of emotions that are palpable throughout. Lovely supporting work too from Cait Fairbanks (Tessa), Melissa Ordway (Abby) and Bryton James (Devon).

And, of course, loved the surprise scoring of what I’ve come to call “Sharon’s theme” (my favorite Y&R mid-2000’s music piece) to the scene where Mariah confesses to Abby that she can’t pretend it isn’t killing her inside, watching Abby with Bowie, when all Mariah wants is to be his mother. Mariah’s emotional goodbye to Bowie set to an instrumental version of the beautiful lullaby Cait Fairbanks composed and sings in an earlier episode, works as a nice touch in the concluding scene.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

^Alokin, thanks for the heads up on Camryn Grimes’s performance yesterday. I had missed the episode and watched it online due to your citation of her performance. She was remarkable and she is one of my ten actresses I would be happy to see nominated this year for Best Supporting Actress. She was phenomenal on yesterday’s episode! The show has been so awful but some of the performers lift their material and do such great work despite the problems with the show in general.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I am citing General Hospital for Best Directing and Best Writing for the Friday, October 1 episode. Almost everything about this episode was a winner! (Only exception: thug Sonny acting like a total jerk!) I was clapping, cheering, saying “WOW!” during the episode! The show has me invested in its stories and its characters – choosing sides and caring about outcomes. The show has done a remarkable job of balancing outlandish nutty stories with great dramatic ones, it has some camp but in small doses. This was a particularly strong episode!!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JONNYSBRO
    Topics:

Cynthia Watros better be nominated for lead actress 2022. She has managed to make u feel sorry for Nina and so vulnerable. Her chemistry with Maurice is intense and amazing. If Cynthia won for Nina it would be the most unique situation. As Gina Tognoni won an emmy as a recast for Phyllis on YR and then Cynthia as a Nina recast. Both of Michelle Stafford recast will have won emmys

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    akh_cat
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: center;”>For the 2022 Daytime Emmys I’m sure about alot of things but I’m certain that Scott Clifton and Camryn Grimes are going home with Emmys. Their performances this year are kinda hard to ignore with Liam thinking he killed Vinny and Mariah’s hold on baby Dominic. These two would definitely have my vote over whomever they are nominated against. I’m definitely waiting for James Reynolds Abe to find out that he’s not Lani’s biological father which is going to be a stellar scene but he’s definitely going to need a few other scenes to go with that one. Charlotte Arnold definitely deserves a Emmy for her work as Allie for her work this past year. Bill Hayes also deserves to be recognized for his superb work during this recent Mardevil storyline. The scenes where Doug tells Marlena, ” Remember when we desecrated St. Luke’s and John caught us red handed” were everything.</p>

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sean Phillips
    Topics:

Younger Performer: Eden McCoy (Joss Jacks, GH) 10/8/2021

Joss runs into Nina at Kelly’s and has on her the journal Nina gave her as a graduation present. In one very dramatic scene, Joss rips out pages of what she was writing about as the family dealt with losing Sonny and you can see her making it plain as day the depth of how betrayed she feels by her father’s ex. Watching Eden grow as an actress over these last few years has been remarkable but she seldom gets scenes quite this good.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I am citing the October 8, 2021 episode of General Hospital for Best Direction and Best Writing. I also agree that Eden McCoy could use her scene when Joss confronts Nina as part of her Emmy reel submission from this episode.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

I agree, Eden did a wonderful job in those scenes!

Adding another citation:

Friday, October 8, 2021
    Days of our Lives
    Outstanding Supporting Actor
    Brandon Barash — Jake DiMera

Gabi demands to know whether Phillip’s accusation, that Jake killed a man in Philadelphia, is true. A very shaken Jake eventually recounts the story of how he and a work associate roughed up a business owner and then he failed to stop the associate from beating the man to death.

This show has given Brandon so little material to work with since his return as Jake, and the character has largely been a bust as far as I’m concerned, but these scenes were very well acted.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

^Alokin, thanks for the heads up on Camryn Grimes’s performance yesterday. I had missed the episode and watched it online due to your citation of her performance. She was remarkable and she is one of my ten actresses I would be happy to see nominated this year for Best Supporting Actress. She was phenomenal on yesterday’s episode! The show has been so awful but some of the performers lift their material and do such great work despite the problems with the show in general.

Well, thanks for watching, Freeman!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OLTLfan
    Topics:

10/11
    GH

Lead Actress
    Maura West as Ava Jerome

Younger Performer
    Nicholas Chavez as Spencer Cassadine

Ava puts Spencer in his place, makes it clear he will never target her or Avery again and then has him arrested for harassment!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Here are three performers for whom I have definite suggestions for their Emmy reels:

Kirsten Storms: her reel ought to start with her in the cabin with the fake nurse, then the birth of Louise and a few scenes in the woods, the bulk of her submission ought to be Maxie confronting Peter (“Henrik”) at the hospital and end with the tag of her looking out the hospital room window at Louise in Brooklynn’s arms…

Mike Manning: start with the rape scene, followed by a short scene of Charlie with Gwen in Horton Square, the brief opening the door with his hands going up, then bits of the confrontations with Allie, Sami, and Jan, and ending with his death scene with Ava.

Judi Evans: her reel should consist of all of her scenes on that Tuesday episode where she tells Justin what happened with the money and the flashbacks to years ago. Truly outstanding work.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 14 posts - 136 through 149 (of 149 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.