Home Forums Daytime TV 2021 Daytime Emmy Submissions

2021 Daytime Emmy Submissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 166 through 174 (of 174 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
EmmyLoser
OLTLfan
  • Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

^^^I thought Lindsay Arnold was also very good in that conversation between Allie and Sami on DAYS yesterday. I also want to add another citation:

Tuesday, December 14, 2021
    General Hospital
    Outstanding Supporting Actress
    Rebecca Herbst – Elizabeth Baldwin

Liz considers killing a unconscious Peter. Finn stops her, and she regrets that she wasn’t able to avenge the murders of Franco and Jason and all the grief Peter has caused her sons.

It’s great to finally get a bit more material for Herbst in terms of Liz’s grief and everything her sons are going through because of Peter. These scenes weren’t huge, but I thought they were played brilliantly.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

With two weeks to go here are my personal picks for 2022 – I have placed them in the category I believe they belong in, not necessarily the category I think they will submit in:

Best Actress:

Sharon Case, The Young and the Restless
    Melissa Clare Egan, The Young and the Restless
    Alison Sweeney, Days Of Our Lives
    Cynthia Watros, General Hospital (WINNER)
    Maura West, General Hospital

Best Actor:

Michael Easton, General Hospital (WINNER)
    Mark Grossman, The Young and the Restless
    James Patrick Stuart, General Hospital
    Josh Swickard, General Hospital
    Paul Telfer, Days Of Our Lives

Best Supporting Actress:

Genie Francis, General Hospital
    Nancy Lee Grahn, General Hospital
    Lisa LoCicero, General Hospital
    Kirsten Storms, General Hospital (WINNER)
    Kelly Thiebaud, General Hospital

Best Supporting Actor:

Bryan Datillo, Days Of Our Lives
    Bill Hayes, Days Of Our Lives
    Roger Howarth, General Hospital (as Franco Baldwin only)
    Joe LoCicero, The Bold and the Beautiful
    Mike Manning, Days Of Our Lives (WINNER)

Best Younger Performer:

Lindsay Arnold, Days Of Our Lives
    Nicholas Chavez, General Hospital
    Alyvia Alyn Lind, The Young and the Restless
    William Lipton, General Hospital
    Eden McCoy, General Hospital
    Sydney Mikayla, General Hospital (WINNER)

Best Guest Performer:

Sean Carrigan, The Young and the Restless
    Jane Elliot, General Hospital
    Heather Lindell, Days Of Our Lives
    Cady McClain, Days Of Our Lives
    Greg Vaughan, Days Of Our Lives (WINNER)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

My final citation for 2021 goes to Alison Sweeney as Sami on Days Of Our Lives for her scenes with Gabi and Lucas on the New Year’s eve episode. Sami is upset upon learning that E.J. was the one who kidnapped her (it really was Lucas but she believes it is E.J.) and Gabi, the mother of Sami’s granddaughter Ari, is her shoulder to cry on. She then runs into Lucas and connects with him and they kiss at midnight on New Year’s Eve.

Reading through our citations from 2021 was extremely pleasurable. There were a few citations I didn’t agree with personally but for the most part these were great citations! It was a nice way to relive the highlights of the year on our soaps!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

So reading through this thread I found that we cited 47 actresses and 29 actors for their work on the four soaps.

B&B actresses that have been cited: Kimberlin Brown, Jacqueline MacInnes Wood, Naomi Matsudi, Annika Noelle, and Heather Tom

Days actresses that have been cited: Lindsay Arnold, Judi Evans, Stacey Haiduk, Deidre Hall, Victoria Konefal, Lauren Koslow, Heather Lindell, Martha Madison, Marci Miller, Emily O’Brien, Suzanne Rogers, Susan Seaforth Hayes, Alison Sweeney, and Arianne Zucker

GH actresses that have been cited: Nancy Lee Grahn, Maura West, Genie Francis, Lisa LoCicero, Jane Elliot, Finola Hughes, Kirsten Storms, Laura Wright, Rebecca Herbst, Kelly Thiebaud, Cynthia Watros, Haley Pullos, Sydney Mikayla, Eden McCoy, Vernee Watson, Briana Nicole Henry, Leslie Charleson, Joyce Guy, and Sofia Mattson

Y&R actresses that have been cited: Melissa Ordway, Beth Maitland, Sharon Case, Alyvia Alyn Lind, Melissa Clare Egan, Michelle Stafford, Cait Fairbanks, and Camryn Grimes

Actors from B&B: Scott Clifton, Don Diamont, John McCook, Thorsten Kaye, Aaron Spears, Matthew Atkinson, and Ted King

Actors from Days: Mike Manning, Eric Martsolf, Bryan Datillo, Paul Telfer, Greg Vaughan, Dan Feuerriegel, Robert Scott Wilson, Brandon Barash, and Bill Hayes

Actors from GH: Wally Kurth, Wes Ramsey, Michael Easton, Josh Swickard, William Lipton, Maurice Benard, Nicholas Chavez, Ingo Radamacher, and Johnny Wactor

Actors from Y&R: Joshua Morrow, Jordi Vilasuso, Mark Grossman, and Sean Carrigan

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Perhaps my eyes missed them but I did not see James Patrick Stuart, James Reynolds or Jackee Harry in our citations for 2021? This really surprises me. Maybe it was just that people forgot to do citations later in the year? But JPS did some solid work early in the year too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

I definitely got both lazier and choosier about citing people in the last quarter of the year. I can for sure think of episodes where I would have cited JPS or James Reynolds, but I know I didn’t. While I really enjoy Jackee Harry, I don’t think there was any episode that really stood out for her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

Yeah, we definitely slept on James Reynolds; he should’ve been cited for his work surrounding the aftermath of the Abe/Paulina wedding fiasco from mid-late November, where Abe learns that Lani is not his daughter (his stirring conversation with Paulina at the Horton Square immediately following the botched ceremony was particularly standout).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lovelyjoe302
    Topics:

I completely omitted to cite two actors from Bold and Beautiful

Oustanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series

1. Tanner Novlan as Dr. John “Finn” Finnegan (Dates: November 19, 2021 and  November 22, 2021):  Novlan did absolute wonderful and powerful work, with the revelation that Jack was not only his adoptive father, but his biological father. The actor went toe to toe with veteran Ted King, and completely wowed. Finn was hurt, disgusted, and enraged that his father had lied to him his entire life, and had also caused pain to his mother Li, and Novlan, expressed all those emotions with his tone of voice, facial expressions, and body language beautifully. It was truly a heartwrenching performance, I had to rewatch multiple so many times, as I was so impressed, by Novlan, King, and Matsuda, and their phenomenal chemistry as a family unit and dealing with an enormous betrayal. I hope in the new year, the writers give Tanner/Finn more material, so that the actor can show us what else he is capable of.

Oustanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series

2. Lawrence Saint-Victor as Carter Walton. I don’t remember the specific episodes, but his work during the break up with Zoe/romance with Quinn/break up with Quinn have all been spectacular. Carter/Lawrence has not been utilized as much as he should have been since his introduction in 2013. Carter was only brought on to officiate weddings or deal with custody and legal storylines on the show. This past year, the writers decided to compensate and make up for a lost time, and Saint-Victor sure showed up. The scenes of the aforementioned story arcs is where Saint-Victor truly shone. He has been so great with delivery, and has exhibited incredible range, and has proven to be a great romantic lead that has earned more focus. Saint-Victor is now part of the writing team, although, he is just a scriptwriter, I hope there is some influence that leads to Carter receiving more investment and Carter is partnered with a great leading lady.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sean Phillips
    Topics:

I don’t know the dates but JPS should definitely be nominated for the Bailey reveal in November…

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 9 posts - 166 through 174 (of 174 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.