Home Forums Daytime TV 2021 Daytime Emmy Submissions

2021 Daytime Emmy Submissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
EmmyLoser
alokin
  • Profile picture
    OLTLfan
    Topics:

1/29
    GH

Lead Actress
    Nancy Lee Grahn as Alexis Davis

Supporting Actress
    Lisa LoCicero as Olivia Falconeri Quartermaine

Mac goes off on Alexis for trying to kill Franco and accidentally stabbing Dante instead while Alexis freaks out about Dante. Later, Mac tells Alexis that Dante will be ok and charges her with assault and attempted murder.

Sam tells Olivia that Alexis stabbed Dante. Olivia worries about Dante and rushes to the chapel where she’s consoled by Robert. Later, Elizabeth tells her Dante has stabilized and will be ok. Olivia vows to make Alexis pay!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

^^Great stuff for LiLo in particular, and I kind of loved that ending! What does Olivia vowing to make that “murderous bitch” pay even look like?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Lisa LoCicero definitely has a super strong Emmy reel with her work over the past week or so!!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BTN
    Topics:

Emily O’Brien
    Days of our lives
    February 2, 2021

Playing gwen and her mother obrien was really great

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OLTLfan
    Topics:

2/3
    Lead Actress
    Nancy Lee Grahn as Alexis Davis (GH)

Alexis goes to an AA meeting with Curtis & Monica.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I meant to cite Mike Manning (Charlie on Days) for his performance on last Thursday’s episode, where Charlie was being so delusional and at the end of the episode he registered surprise as someone was holding a gun on him! (“Don’t shoot!”). I think we will get flashback scenes in the near future so he isn’t totally gone from the show – he has really done a great job in the role!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OLTLfan
    Topics:

3/4
    Lead Actress
    Finola Hughes as Anna Devane (GH)

Supporting Actress
    Kirsten Storms as Maxie Jones (GH)

Finn is livid that Anna told Valentin about Peter but she didn’t tell him. Anna tries to explain but Finn won’t budge. Valentin tells Maxie about Peter’s many crimes, including the fact that Anna has known everything for months and kept it a secret from Maxie. Maxie insists Valentin must be lying as there’s no way Anna would do that to her. Anna returns to the ballroom and confirms that Valentin is telling the truth. Maxie is shocked and goes into labor.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

^^^ I’d add Wes Ramsey, who did fantastic work when Peter learns that Alex, not Anna is his true birth mother, for the previous day’s (Wednesday, 3/3) episode.

And from a few weeks ago, which shouldn’t go uncited…

Monday, February 15, 2021

General Hospital

Outstanding Lead Actress: Laura Wright (Carly Corinthos)
    Outstanding Writing in a Drama Series

Getting ready for Sonny’s funeral, an overwhelmed Carly confides in Jason her fear that she won’t be able to find the strength to bid Sonny farewell, realizing that this time, that piece of her that’s always allowed her to push through past devastating losses, is missing.

Every once in a while, a performance so profound comes along that you immediately recognize you’re bearing witness to something special which you’re going to remember for a long time to come. What Laura Wright achieves with these scenes, in what is undoubtedly some of her best work to date, is exactly that. Beautiful script by Lucky Gold.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I meant to cite Micheal Easton for his recent work as Finn in scenes with Anna, Chase, Jackie and Gregory – quiet less histrionic yet extremely effective acting performances!

From Yesterday’s GH I thought Kirsten Storms, Wes Ramsey, Finola Hughes and Rebecca Herbst all gave terrific performances!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I am citing William Lipton for his performance when Cam learned of Franco’s death on today’s episode. His ugly cry was incredibly real and impactful. I do not know if he will be eligible for Younger Performer next year? I think they are changing the age requirement but I think he will still be eligible…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sean Phillips
    Topics:

He’s gonna be under 18. Either way he deserves a friggin emmy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

If I’m remembering correctly, the eligibility requirement for 2021 younger performer will be 21 and under, and then will reduce to 18 for 2022. But agreed, in any event, great work from William Lipton, who has really made Cam the heart of this story beat. Rebecca Herbst does a good job also, particularly, for me, in the scene where Liz has to tell Cam that Franco is dead, and you can see she knows it’s just going to wreck him so she has to really get herself together so she’s not also falling apart.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I am citing Josh Swickard for his performances when Chase learned about Finn and Jackie’s night of passion before she wed Gregory, and for today’s episode where he processes with Willow his feelings about it and then learns that Finn is his biological father.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OLTLfan
    Topics:

3/18
    GH

Lead Actress
    Finola Hughes as Anna Devane

Lead Actor
    Michael Easton as Hamilton Finn

Anna and Finn discuss getting back together but ultimately decide it’s best to stay apart.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I am citing Sharon Case and Alyvia Alyn Lind for their performances – Sharon is at Rey’s bedside, he wakes up, she learns he has been poisoned; and Faith spends time with Nick and then Phyllis, decides to go in to therapy, asks Phyllis for advice on about how you know when you are in love. Very effective performances!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.