Home Forums Daytime TV 2021 Daytime Emmy Submissions

2021 Daytime Emmy Submissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 150 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
1 day ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
OLTLfan
EmmyLoser
  • Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I think Nancy Lee Grahn is definitely lead but that’s my 2 cents…

I felt that she was definitely lead for the first 3 months of 2021 but has slid to supporting the last 3 months. I kept moving her from lead to support on my own personal list. I heard her say in an interview that she will always submit only in lead, this was a few years ago. I kept moving her and Genie from lead to support!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OLTLfan
    Topics:

Lead Actress
    Nancy Lee Grahn as Alexis Davis (GH)

6/24
    Alexis hurts her wrist and is sent to solitary confinement.

7/5
    Stuck in solitary confinement, Alexis loses it and hallucinates a conversation with herself.

7/8
    Shawn helps Alexis through a panic attack.

7/9
    Alexis refuses to go back to solitary confinement and hurts her wrist again.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OLTLfan
    Topics:

Lead Actress
    Maura West as Ava Jerome (GH)

6/30
    Ava gets drunk at the Metro Court and creates a scene with Sam, Austin & Nikolas.

7/5
    Ava freaks out after seeing the gallery covered in fake blood.

7/8
    Nikolas tries to convince Ava to run away with him. Ava refuses and implores Nikolas not to fight her on the divorce.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OLTLfan
    Topics:

Supporting Actress
    Haley Pullos as Molly Lansing Davis (GH)

7/8
    Molly confronts Judge Carson and accuses her of racial bias.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

^Haley will not be eligible for Younger Performer – they are changing the eligibility to under 21 years of age for 2021.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OLTLfan
    Topics:

Good catch, I didn’t know that. I thought she’d still be eligible since she’s under 25. Updated the citation to Supporting Actress.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

It’s a tough call on lead vs. supporting for NLG. I’d also be tempted to put her in supporting at this point in the year, even though maybe the fact that she even has a storyline in prison suggests that she’s of a stature that makes her a lead. But then I think if we cling to the idea that the big names are more deserving of lead status, it leaves less room for someone like Kirsten Storms, who has generally been a supporting player but so far this year has been a lead in my eyes. With Genie Francis, Laura Wright, Maura West, Finola Hughes, Cynthia Watros and NLG all in the mix, in addition to someone like Storms who might have a big year, I’m almost looking for reasons to move people into supporting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OLTLfan
    Topics:

You could even make a case for Monaco, Herbst and Thiebaud in lead based on storyline and screen time. The show’s doing an amazing job of spreading the wealth for it’s female cast!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OLTLfan
    Topics:

Lead Actress
    Laura Wright as Carly Corinthos (GH)

6/24
    Carly pesters Jason about his relationship with Britt and things get unexpectedly emotional.

6/29
    Carly and Jason realize they need to get married to consolidate power.

It can’t be easy to pull off scenes when your scene partner stopped trying years ago. I don’t know how Wright does it!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

LOL, “Carly pesters Jason about ________” happens on this show every other week. Wright has been very good, though I think Burton’s been very good also. Imagine Jason being a person with a normal range of emotions and still being best friends with Carly. It would seem insane.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I am citing Judi Evans as Bonnie on Days Of Our Lives for her performance today as Bonnie asks Kayla to be her maid of honor (she is going to ask Justin to marry her). Judi looks radiant and does such a great job with so many different emotions during this long talk with Kayla. Happy, tremulous, radiant, uncertain – a whole range of emotions!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    The BC 2.0
    Topics:

The Bold and the Beautiful

July 2 & 5, 2021

Outstanding Writing

Brooke stops Eric and Quinn’s wedding; Carter confesses to Eric that he slept with Quinn; Eric tosses Quinn aside.

July 5, 2021
    Lead Actor – John McCook
    Eric tosses Quinn aside after finding out she and Carter slept together

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I am citing Kirsten Storms as Maxie on General Hospital for the past two episodes. First up: she is at the Q’s and Monica is unhappy with her frequent visits, she tells Brooklynn she can’t handle it and needs to leave Port Charles. Next up: she tells Nina the truth about Bailey actually being Louise. Kirsten Storms has been slaying it in her storylines in 2021! IDK if she will submit in Lead or Supporting, but wherever she submits I want her to not only be nominated but to win for her incredible indelible performances in 2021!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    The BC 2.0
    Topics:

The Bold and the Beautiful

July 14, 2021

Best Actor – Don Diamont ($ Bill)
    Best Supporting Actor – Aaron Spears (Justin)

Bill lashes out at Justin for betraying his trust after finding out Justin had planned to take over Spencer Publications. You could feel the hurt from Diamont and both actors had tears in this scene, as Bill’s legal adviser got busted for trying to sabotage him.

“You were like a brother to me…and you stabbed me in the back.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

^^^ Wholeheartedly agree. Diamont and Spears give wonderfully layered performances here (delivering compelling dialogue crafted by a keen Michele Val Jean) which left me incredibly moved.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 150 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.