Home Forums Daytime TV 2021 Daytime Emmy Submissions

2021 Daytime Emmy Submissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 136 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
OLTLfan
EmmyLoser
  • Profile picture
    Paul Vargo
    Topics:

DAYS OF OUR LIVES 7/19/2021

OUTSTANDING DAYTIME DRAMA
    OUTSTANDING DAYTIME WRITING

Xander crashes Nicole and Eric anniversary party to reveal Nicole slept with him. After first denying Nicole confesses to Eric it true. A heartbroken Eric storms off. As Sami gloats party goers speculate of she had anything with Xander crashing the party. Brady catches Xander with a suitcase full of money and realizes Sami paid him off

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

^^^Totally agree with this, particularly as a drama series submission, and I was also going to cite it for Paul Telfer as Outstanding Supporting Actor. What a great performance from him, really taunting Eric and reveling in the chaos he was causing. There were great performances from everyone, especially Telfer, Alison Sweeney (a pitch-perfect pivot from faux concern and surprise to getting right in Nicole’s face), Greg Vaughan, and Ari Zucker. This is probably the strongest episode they’ve had this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Paul Vargo
    Topics:

DAYS OF OUR LIVES 7/20/2021

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS ARI ZUCKER (NICOLE BRADY)
    OUTSTANDING GUEST ACTOR GREG VAUGH (ERIC BRADY)

After discussing why she cheated on Nicole tells Eric their Marriage will never work. Sami admits to EJ she paid Xander to blow up the party. Ciera and Ben marriage is officially annulled as Ben vows to stop her wedding to Theo. After telling Lucas that he should fight for Sami, Phillip picks up Kristen letter to EJ out of the trash.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I am citing Arianne Zucker and Greg Vaughan for their performances on today’s episode of Days Of Our Lives. They talk over, and cry over, the state of their marriage – mistakes they have each made and where they will go from here. Very heartfelt performances.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

Again, I agree with these citations. The storyline with Nicole/Eric and everything surrounding it is probably the show’s strongest in terms of writing, especially from a character perspective. Watching episodes like this also make it unbelievable that Arianne Zucker has been turning in incredible performances like this for years and still doesn’t have an Emmy. But this year’s been really great for her so far (with the whole drunken lead-up to Nicole having sex with Xander and then the explosion of last couple of episodes), so maybe this will be her time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Paul Vargo
    Topics:

DAYS OF OUR LIVE 7/22/2021

OUTSTANDING DAYTIME DRAMA
    OUTSTANDING SUPPORT ACTOR BRYAN DATTILO (LUCAS HORTON)

Lucas tells Sami to despite how much he wants to he will keep quite about their affair and vows to be there when her marriage to EJ blows up. Phillip gives Nicole Kristen letter to EJ. Belle and EJ argue over Sami blowing up Nicole and Eric marriage. Nicole gives the letter to EJ who lashes out after reading it. Allie and Claire help Ben stop the Theo’s and Ciera’s wedding.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OLTLfan
    Topics:

7/21 & 7/22

Guest Performer
    Vernee Watson as Stella Henry

Supporting Actress
    Briana Nicole Henry as Jordan Ashford

Stella confronts Shawn for killing her nephew and sleeping with his wife. Jordan intervenes and Shawn leaves. Then Stella implores Jordan not to give up on her marriage to Curtis.

I’m not a fan of her character, but Watson could easily pick up Emmy #3 if she chooses to submit.

And I’m all for a 2nd straight nomination for Henry. I love that she plays Jordan as tough and strong even in scenes that most actresses would play as histrionic and melodramatic.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OLTLfan
    Topics:

7/21
    Supporting Actor
    Josh Swickard as Detective Harrison Chase

Chase is frustrated after a rough physical therapy session and is worried about his marriage.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

7/21
    Supporting Actor
    Josh Swickard as Detective Harrison Chase

Chase is frustrated after a rough physical therapy session and is worried about his marriage.

The only reason I didn’t cite his excellent performance is that he has had so many already for his Emmy reel! I think a combination of the work he did with the paternity reveal and the hospital scenes when he was poisoned is already enough to get him an Emmy nomination and perhaps even an Emmy win!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OLTLfan
    Topics:

The only reason I didn’t cite his excellent performance is that he has had so many already for his Emmy reel! I think a combination of the work he did with the paternity reveal and the hospital scenes when he was poisoned is already enough to get him an Emmy nomination and perhaps even an Emmy win!

He’s definitely had baitier scenes but I thought these quieter, restrained scenes would pair well with something a little more showy for range.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I am citing Leslie Charleson as Monica on GH for her talk with Jason about A.J. and Carly on today’s episode. This was a quiet scene but so effective.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I never thought I would ever enjoy Maurice Benard enough to cite him but I am citing him and Cynthia Watros for their conversation at the Tan-O where they tenderly conversed about their feelings about each other. I have so enjoyed MB in his “Mike” persona – Sonny is my least favorite character of all time so that has been a wonderful break for me. And Cynthia Watros has been doing such wonderful work as Nina, even though what she is doing is unethical and unkind she is selling it with her acting choices. I really wish they would find a way to keep Mike and Nina together.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

Monday, July 26, 2021

The Young and the Restless

Outstanding Lead Actress: Michelle Stafford (Phyllis Summers)
    Outstanding Writing in a Drama Series

As Phyllis and Billy strategize over their theory that Tara and Sally conspired to drive Summer out of town, Phyllis vows to expose them and bring Summer home.

I like how the Tara arc gradually broadened in scope and raised the stakes for other key players (and even evolved into a beautiful story about the power of a mother’s love for her daughter) and finally gave Michelle Stafford some meaty material that she could really sink her teeth into. A true masterclass in acting!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Paul Vargo
    Topics:

GENERAL HOSPITAL 7/30/2021

Outstanding Younger Performer Nicolas Chavez (Spencer Cassadine)

Spencer trick Ava into believing he is worry about Nicolas feelings over Ava divorcing him.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

There were so many terrific performances on GH today but the three I will cite are: Sydney Mikayla as Trina (she learns that Curtis and Portia had a previous relationship when Portia was married to Taggert), and Josh Swickard as Chase (he learns that Michael and Willow have had sex) and Cynthia Watros as Nina (she learns about Lenny’s declining health and has a heart-to-heart with Phyllis and then with Mike).

Other performances that were strong today: Brook Kerr, Briana Nicole Henry, Nicholas Chavez, Donnell Turner, Katelyn MacMullen, Chad Duell, Joyce Guy and Maurice Benard.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 136 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.