Home Forums Daytime TV 2021 Daytime Guest/Limited Performers discussion

2021 Daytime Guest/Limited Performers discussion

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
EmmyLoser
  • Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I have been working on a list of suggestions of potential Guest/Limited Performer Goldies possibilities. As for the Daytime Emmys I still don’t fully understand the eligibility rules as far as who is and who isn’t a potential nominee… Here are some names I have come up with who I personally think belong in the category, but maybe a few of these you won’t think belong in the category? There are likely some names missing too…

The Bold and the Beautiful: Sean Kanan, Ted King, Naomi Matsuda, Dan Martin, Jennifer Gareis, Dick Christie, Katrina Bowden, and Joe LoCicero..

Days Of Our Lives: John Aniston, Linda Dano, Jason Downs, Heather Lindell, Tina Huang, Suzanne Rogers, Dan Wells, William Utay, Ivan G’Vera, Kyle Lowder, Cady Huffman, Chandler Massey, Chrishell Stause, Leann Hunley, James Read, Thaao Penghlis, Cady McClain, Brock Kelly, Vanessa Williams, Marla Gibbs, Jaime Lyn Bauer, Victoria Platt, George Del Hoyo, and Greg Vaughan…

General Hospital: Jacklyn Zeman, Denise Alexander, Leslie Charleson, John J York, Tristan Rogers, Lynn Herring, Kimberly McCullough, Michael E Knight, Cassandra James, Sonya Eddy, George Harrison, Kim Delaney, Bradford Anderson, Carolyn Hennessy, Lexi Ainsworth, Real Andrews, Ingra Cadranel, Rif Hutton, Vernee Watson, Max Gail, Kimberly J Brown, and Kristina Wagner…

The Young and the Restless: Sean Carrigan, Karla Mosley, Lauralee Bell, Doug Davidson, Tracey Bregman, Tricia Cast, Elizabeth Hendrickson, Greg Rikaart, Beth Maitland, Eileen Davidson, Madison Thompson, Dana Sparks, and Jess Walton..

Who have I left out?

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I forgot Jane Elliot in General Hospital! She made several appearances and was wonderful in January 2021!

Who else have I forgotten?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

Some of these people strike me as having too much screen time or story prominence to qualify as a limited/guest performer. People I would argue should instead be in supporting:

B&B – Sean Kanan, Jennifer Gareis, Katrina Bowden and maybe Ted King

DAYS – Tina Huang and maybe Thaao Penghlis and Leann Hunley

GH – Leslie Charleson, Tristan Rogers, Cassandra James, Carolyn Hennessy, Ingra Cadranel, Rif Hutton

Y&R – I haven’t watched Y&R all year, so I don’t know, but are Tracy Bregman and Greg Rikaart on so infrequently? Makes me feel like DAYS should get Greg back as Leo!

This is also a little hard because there’s still more than a month to go in the year. Krista Allen will debut soon on B&B and won’t have much screentime this year, but I don’t know if she’ll be too involved in story to seem like a valid candidate. On DAYS, we could add Eileen Davidson, Vincent Irizarry, Blake Berris and possibly Precious Way. For GH, the temp recasts for Jordan and Nikolas would be worth considering, and also the actor playing Kip.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

^Thanks EmmyLoser! Interesting feedback! These are merely some ideas/suggestions – I am thinking that outside of the Younger Actor and Younger Actress categories just to have people vote for whoever they want in whichever category they feel they belong in, and expand our nominees to five other than the younger acting categories too… it was easier to compile lists for Days and GH because I had their episode counts for the first 10 months and everybody who has been on the show during the year are on those lists; don’t have those numbers for the CBS shows.

Yes, Greg Rikaart and Tracey Bregman have been on very infrequently this past year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.