Home Forums Daytime TV 2022 Daytime Emmy Creative Arts Reactions!

2022 Daytime Emmy Creative Arts Reactions!

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
stallioncity
Derrick_Eogha..
FreemanGriffin
  • Profile picture
    stallioncity
    Topics:

I am basing this off of my personal picks for episodes to win the Emmy; but also paid very close attention to the scenes that aired during the Creative Arts Categories presentations.

In all instances GH was nominated; scenes shown were of the hostage situation where Cyrus was shot and Portia was tending to him [June 2021] & the cave in on Cassadine Island [November 2021].

I have a couple friends that know the stars and producers 😉 I will try to get some intel for us.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Derrick Eoghan Oisín O'Callaghan
    Topics:

We might get a surprise in Best Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mootzic
    Topics:

I think the only clue of what Y&R submitted was in the Original Song award. They might have submitted a different episode, but it seems like it could more than coincidental.

Shannon Mootz

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Derrick Eoghan Oisín O'Callaghan
    Topics:

I think the only clue of what Y&R submitted was in the Original Song award. They might have submitted a different episode, but it seems like it could more than coincidental.

Y&R was nominated for Lighting Direction; Original Song; Technical Team, Camera Work, Video; Casting; Art Decoration/Set Decoration/Scenic Design; Costume Design/Styling

They won Original Song ‘Grateful For It All’ for the Neil Winters episode and they won Casting for I believe is the casting of Richard Burgi as Ashland Locke.

I don’t see Neil Winters episode getting Lighting Direction nor Costume Design/Styling.  I was hoping they would win Costume Design with that beautiful wedding dress Victoria was wearing for her wedding to Ashland Locke but can see why Drew Barrymore show won.  MAYBE Technical Team, Camera Work, Video; I’m NOT too sure about Art Decoration/Set Decoration/Scenic Design, I don’t see nothing new in that episode for it to get that nomination so that could be why they submitted something else and could be the same with Technical Team nomination.

I believe Neil Winters episode is more Drama Series, Writing, Directing, Original Song (they won this category) and Acting (Bryton James).  I could be wrong! I think it could have gotten Outstanding Music Direction and Composition nomination. I HATE when they made changes to merge the dramas with the game show, talk show and other programs

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

Thanks for the rundown of info from the creative arts ceremony, stallioncity. I wasn’t able to watch, so this was very helpful. If I were a voter, it would really annoy me that Y&R keeps submitting tribute/memorial episodes for these awards, but the voters keep rewarding them for it. It’s pretty frustrating because these episodes are clearly not representative of what the show is like on a regular basis.

It’s nice to have even an inkling of what was submitted by the shows, though I agree that it feels bizarre for game shows, talk shows, and soap operas to be competing for things like hair, makeup, costumes, and lighting. They’re just such different animals. I wouldn’t worry about DAYS and Beyond Salem splitting votes. If voters really liked both shows, they could have given both high scores without causing any sort of disadvantage to either.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

Late to the party here, but congrats to Ted King on his very deserving Guest Performer Emmy! Loved his touching speech. And way to go B&B for continuing its record as the most decorated show since this category’s reinstatement some years ago! Congrats also to Y&R on its Casting and Original Song wins (of course, I was equally pulling for Cait Fairbanks to prevail in the latter, but I’m confident she’ll have another strong shot with her current year’s song submissions), which made for a nice consolation prize for the egregious lack of Daytime Drama representation in many of the Crafts categories (all four Daytime Dramas, for instance, were deserving of at the very least a Music Direction and Composition nomination).

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.