Home Forums Daytime TV 2022 Daytime Emmy nominations

2022 Daytime Emmy nominations

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 172 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
akh_cat
Derrick_Eogha..
  • Profile picture
    Derrick Eoghan Oisín O'Callaghan
    Topics:

If Y&R submitted the anniversary death of Neil Winters then they got Writing and Ashland & Victoria’s wedding!  I could see B&B win with Eric’s discovery of Carter & Quinn’s marriage and maybe Sheila being Finn’s birth mother.  This is why CBS wins the most for Writing!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    akh_cat
    Topics:

I’m ok with the nominees

Reynolds must have picked something dealing with Abe’s 40th anniversary episode

Zucker must have picked Something from Eric and Nicole’s breakup

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Happiest for: Cynthia Watros and Arianne Zucker; Nancy Lee Grahn and Kelly Thiebaud; all 5 of the younger acting nominees (wish they could have made room for Eden as well though)…

My gut feeling is that they will give Best Actress to Laura Wright and I will be rooting for Cynthia Watros.

Best Actor – geesh! Jason Thompson and Peter Bergman? Yikes! And Bryton James AGAIN really bugs me! Why do they keep nominating him? He puts me to sleep!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sean Phillips
    Topics:

Storms just must not be submitting. That’s the only way I can see why she’s never nominated. Happy for Thiebaud and Watros (really glad Benard isn’t in again). Kober was on well into June last year so not surprised he’s got material with the hostage situation.  Glad for the kids too!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

GH got 10 acting nominations, Y&R got 8, Days got 7, and B&B got 5. They “spread the wealth” this year…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    akh_cat
    Topics:

Now that we know who’s nominated and what they might be nominated for, who should win and who will win?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

Nevermind, B&B miss Writing & Directing.

I had a feeling Deidre Hall wasn’t going to get nominated unless if she didn’t submit!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

My picks are GH for Series, Directing, and Writing – Cynthia Watros for Best Actress, James Reynolds for Best Actor, Nancy Lee Grahn for Supporting Actress, James Patrick Stuart for Supporting Actor, a tie for Sprina: Chavez and Mikayla, and Naomi Matsudi for Guest Performer (I guess the very best didn’t submit or got snubbed? And how is Robert Gossett a Guest Performer when he is still a series regular?)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

I’m ok with the nominees Reynolds must have picked something dealing with Abe’s 40th anniversary episode Zucker must have picked Something from Eric and Nicole’s breakup

Thank you.  I forgot about Abe’s 40th anniversary.  I was wondering what James Reynolds submitted for Lead!
    I would love for Ted King to win Guest Performer!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    akh_cat
    Topics:

I honestly don’t see GH winning the trifecta as RH (77 & 79) , Y&R (2020), and Days (2018) has in the past so that’s out of the question. For some odd reason the voters aren’t that big on giving them best writing (they’ve only won 4 times out of 30 nominations and that was in 1995, 1999, 2003, and 2009).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

I honestly don’t see GH winning the trifecta as RH (77 & 79) , Y&R (2020), and Days (2018) has in the past so that’s out of the question. For some odd reason the voters aren’t that big on giving them best writing (they’ve only won 4 times out of 30 nominations and that was in 1995, 1999, 2003, and 2009).

I don’t see it either.

GH will probably win Directing unless if Beyond Salem wins it but I think Y&R will win Writing again!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

James Reynolds had not only the 40th anniversary, but the ups and downs of Abe and Paulina’s relationship, including the revelation that Lani isn’t his biological daughter and the fallout from that.

Arianne Zucker obviously gave excellent performances surrounding Nicole’s breakup with Eric, but also in what led up to that, specifically Eric staying away and Nicole getting drunk and sleeping with Xander.

Good for NLG submitting herself appropriately in supporting, considering what that character spent the bulk of the year doing.

Obviously I don’t know what he submitted, but the scenes where Brady breaks up with Kristen at the police station are sensational for Eric Martsolf, and I wouldn’t be surprised if those are what got him and Stacy Haiduk both nominated. I think he could win with those.

Eden McCoy is great, but considering the year, it’s not surprising that she missed out compared to her three co-stars. They all just had more to play, and GH making Josslyn into Carly Junior hasn’t really done her a lot of favors in terms of juicy material.

The rules concerning who is a guest are very tricky, but if Cady McClain could win in guest for playing a character that she was still playing well into the next year, I can’t complain that much about Robert Gossett or Ted King, both of whom seem like they should be in supporting to me.

While some of these nominations aren’t what I would have expected or predicted, I’m happy with them overall. There are a lot of omissions, but not knowing who submitted what or where, I can only be so bothered. It would have been great to see Kirsten Storms and Deidre Hall nominated, though I knew the latter was a long shot. Very interesting that B&B did pretty well in terms of acting but got snubbed for writing and directing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

It’s interesting, too, that DAYS and Beyond Salem are mostly nominated separately, but they are sharing the casting nomination, I guess because they have the same casting director. Y&R did well in the craft nominations, better than the other shows, which pushed it to be the nominations leader.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Scoopster
    Topics:

Wow – a shocker in Writing Team and Directing Team with BEYOND SALEM taking B&B’s spot there. The fact that they have 4 nominees in those two categories, but 5 in Drama Series means there was a tie in Drama Series nomination voting to warrant the 5 nominees.

Days with double nominees in Lead Actor & Actress, plus getting it and its spin-off in all three of Drama Series, Writing and Directing, indicates it has strong support this year in voting. The show also won the WGA this year, so that could be a factor in Writing at the Emmys.

Y&R may be leading the overall nominations, but of the major award categories (Trifecta & Leads), Days pulled the biggest support which could be a indication of where wins will go in the major categories.

1.) Days of our Lives: Trifecta + 4 Lead noms = 7 major nominations
    2.) Young & Restless: Trifecta + 3 Lead noms = 6 major nominations
    3.) General Hospital: Trifecta + 2 Lead noms = 5 major nominations
    4.) Beyond Salem: Trifecta = 3 major nominations
    4.) Bold & Beautiful: Drama Series + 2 Lead noms = 3 major nominations

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Scoopster
    Topics:

It’s interesting, too, that DAYS and Beyond Salem are mostly nominated separately, but they are sharing the casting nomination, I guess because they have the same casting director. Y&R did well in the craft nominations, better than the other shows, which pushed it to be the nominations leader.

They are sharing the nominee because all of the casting done for Beyond Salem heavily featured most actors from main show all done by the same casting team. That is why they share that category.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 172 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.