Home Forums Daytime TV 2022 Daytime Emmy nominations

2022 Daytime Emmy nominations

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 172 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
akh_cat
Derrick_Eogha..
  • Profile picture
    akh_cat
    Topics:

I don’t see it either. GH will probably win Directing unless if Beyond Salem wins it but I think Y&R will win Writing again!

GH definitely might win directing unless Days picked the Halloween episode or Marlena’s exorcism or Beyond Salem picked something on its Florida locale or Y&R picked the episode where Nick and Adam were locked in a cellar together during a tornado. Y&R has writing in the bag unless the voters vote for Days for one of the possession episodes mainly the exorcism

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    akh_cat
    Topics:

For some odd reason something is telling me not to count out James Reynolds or Eric Martsolf for a lead Actor win. Both did good on their respective storylines especially Martsolf when he broke up with Kristen at the police station. If Martsolf wins I’ll be happy. Hell I’ll be happy if either man wins Lead Actor (Bergman, McCook, and Thompson included)

With Lead Actress it’s a little tricky. I have a funny feeling that Watros and Wright might have picked some of the same scenes from the Nixon Falls storyline. Miller was so good in the Abigail/Chad/Gwen storyline it’s no wonder she’s here. Zucker broke my heart as Nicole during her and Eric’s break up and the revelation that Nicole and Xander slept together. For some odd reason I have a weird feeling about  Mischael Morgan it’s like my gut is telling me she might win the Emmy. She did one hell of a job as Amanda not only finds get birth mother but she blasted the hell out of  her grandfather. If Morgan wins I will cry my heart out. Trust my instincts I might be on to something. Remember when so many ppl on this forum said that Tom (2012, 2013, and 2020), Davidson (2014 and 2018), West (2015), Evans (2016), Tognoni (2017), and Woods (2019 and 2021) wouldn’t win and I said they were going to win and they won.

Supporting Actor is a good category. Korber was grand during the hostage storyline gave me chills. James must have picked something from Neil’s anniversary, Devon and Elena’s breakup, and the Baby Dominick storyline which he was very good in them all. Stuart is just a great actor I can’t wait to see what he picked. Aaron D. Spears must have picked something from when Justin threw Thomas in jail after he found evidence that Vinny threw himself in front of Liam’s car and Justin getting even with Bill after years of being his lackey and he was spectacular in those episodes. Vilasuso must have picked something from the Rey/Sharon/Adam triangle and finding out that Chelsea poisoned him. For some reason I’m giving Spears the edge on this one.

Supporting Actress is a hell of a category. Grahn was spectacular in Alexis 25th anniversary episode. Thiebad was good in the Britt/Jason story. Ordway broke my heart as Abby when Abby thought Chance was dead omg that was good. Brown came in the door swinging as Shelia. I’m sure she picked the episodes at Finn and Steffys wedding and scheming with Deacon and one of her many fights with Steffy and something with Shelia and Jack. Haiduk blew me away in both roles as Susan and Kristen. I hope Kristen’s breakup with Brady at the police station, Susan’s heartfelt moment with EJ in the hospital, and the reveal that Kristen was parading around Salem as Susan is on her reel. For some reason Haiduk and Brown and Grahn are the ones to watch.

Younger Performer…Arnold had me with Allie’s pregnancy, Allie blaming Tripp for raping her, finding out that it was Charlie that is Henry’s father, and Charlie’s murder. Chavez blew me away in his scenes when Ava finds out that Spencer is her blackmailer along with his relationship with Trina. Mikayla was so good as Trina omg this girl can act maybe she picked something from finding out that Taggert might not be her dad or something with Cameron and Spencer. Lind was super good in Faith’s alcohol storyline last year.Lipton was so good last year especially with Franco’s death and his flirting with Trina. For some reason Chavez, Arnold, and Mikayla got me. Maybe Lind will win. Who knows

Idk who could win guest I have to look through some episodes and storylines each character was involved in but I loved Ted King as Jack especially when Li finds out that Jack is Finn’s biological father.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Djoko
    Topics:

Can someone explain to me why Beyond Salem didn’t get any acting nominations? Was it eligible? Also, this may not be good for it and Days because they both could very well cancel each other out in Drama Series.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    akh_cat
    Topics:

Can someone explain to me why Beyond Salem didn’t get any acting nominations? Was it eligible? Also, this may not be good for it and Days because they both could very well cancel each other out in Drama Series.

Idk it might not who knows what’s going to happen. It’s amazing they got nominations in Drama Series, Writing, and Directing. I would love to know what episodes of Beyond Salem were picked and what episodes Days were picked both by Ken Corday and Albert Alaar. We know Days could have picked something from the possession storyline, or maybe they didn’t because Days was good in January through early October (still my favorite soap regardless) of 2021.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Rankings for the acting categories:

Best Actress:
    1. Cynthia Watros
    2. Arianne Zucker
    3. Marci Miller
    4. Laura Wright
    5. Mishael Morgan (I really don’t get this nomination at all)

Best Actor:
    1. James Reynolds
    2. John McCook
    3. Eric Martsolf
    4. Jason Thompson
    5. Peter Bergman

Best Supporting Actress:
    1. Nancy Lee Grahn
    2. Kelly Thiebaud
    3. Melissa Ordway
    4. Kimberlin Brown
    5. Stacey Haiduk

Best Supporting Actor:
    1. James Patrick Stuart
    2. Jeff Kober
    3. Jordi Vilasuso
    4. Aaron D Spears
    5. Bryton James (enough already!)

Best Younger Performer (pretty much a five way tie!):
    1. Sydney Mikayla
    2. Nicholas Chavez
    3. Alyvia Alyn Lind
    4. Lindsay Arnold
    5. William Lipton

Best Guest Performer:
    1. Naomi Matsudi
    2. Ted King
    3. Michael Lowry
    4. Ptosha Storey
    5. Robert Gossett

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    akh_cat
    Topics:

Rankings for the acting categories: Best Actress: 1. Cynthia Watros 2. Arianne Zucker 3. Marci Miller 4. Laura Wright 5. Mishael Morgan (I really don’t get this nomination at all) Best Actor: 1. James Reynolds 2. John McCook 3. Eric Martsolf 4. Jason Thompson 5. Peter Bergman Best Supporting Actress: 1. Nancy Lee Grahn 2. Kelly Thiebaud 3. Melissa Ordway 4. Kimberlin Brown 5. Stacey Haiduk Best Supporting Actor: 1. James Patrick Stuart 2. Jeff Kober 3. Jordi Vilasuso 4. Aaron D Spears 5. Bryton James (enough already!) Best Younger Performer (pretty much a five way tie!): 1. Sydney Mikayla 2. Nicholas Chavez 3. Alyvia Alyn Lind 4. Lindsay Arnold 5. William Lipton Best Guest Performer: 1. Naomi Matsudi 2. Ted King 3. Michael Lowry 4. Ptosha Storey 5. Robert Gossett

What is your ranking based on without knowing what they put on their reels? What actor you like the most or last year as a whole because as you know the Emmys nor the Primetime Emmys go based off a year’s work.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sean Phillips
    Topics:

The Primetime Emmys don’t make them watch the tapes and haven’t for years; that’s why we get sweeps now…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    syrus80
    Topics:

Some of these nominations are terrible.

Deidre Hall and Marla Gibbs were downright snubbed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    akh_cat
    Topics:

One of Bergman’s episodes could be when Jack admitted his true feelings for Phyllis and she turned him down for Nick or Jack finding out that Harrison is his grandson and Thompson could have picked the episode when Billy tries to win ChanceComm from Victor and Adam or Billy’s public outbursts about Victor and Adam and he had a lot of scenes with Ashland last year and when Victoria laid into Billy for drinking and when she tasted it it was apple juice. He had some great scenes with Lily last year too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

What is your ranking based on without knowing what they put on their reels? What actor you like the most or last year as a whole because as you know the Emmys nor the Primetime Emmys go based off a year’s work.

As I have explained a million times: I assess the WHOLE ENTIRE YEAR, not just Emmy reels. I get that undeserving winners happen because they know how to submit reels – I care about the whole entire year’s worth of work.

I found myself BORED every single time Amanda Sinclair’s character was on my screen; same with Devon. Sleep inducing scenes. That’s how I feel about them. I find Laura Wright’s performances to be too shrill and emphatic. I prefer more subtle acting. And I root against people who have been nominated a gazillion times (Bergman and James in particular).

I am aware that the reels is what the panelists look at, and that is why we get winners who don’t deserve it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Scoopster
    Topics:

Last I heard was that any currently airing actors/actresses could not submit for both DAYS and BEYOND SALEM if they played the same characters on the show (same if they played that character during the year at any time on the main show), they had to pick one or the other and I believe Corday Productions has full control of that process and who was entered for what. DAYS used to have a totally hands off system, but now most of the shows Emmy submissions, picks ect are totally handled by the show.

I believe some of the BEYOND SALEM actors who were not on the main show, could have submitted only in Guest as they were not airing long enough to quality for the main categories. I am a bit surprised more didn’t end up in the Guest category, but that is a very bloated category to begin with.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Scoopster
    Topics:

I would argue that the fact BEYOND SALEM (even knocking B&B out of Drama/Writing) made it in for the entire trifecta, along with DAYS bodes very well for both shows and shows that they are both strong. DAYS is leading the pack of major nominations and those usually bode well for wins and where overall support is going based on the picks for the reels.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    akh_cat
    Topics:

As I have explained a million times: I assess the WHOLE ENTIRE YEAR, not just Emmy reels. I get that undeserving winners happen because they know how to submit reels – I care about the whole entire year’s worth of work. I found myself BORED every single time Amanda Sinclair’s character was on my screen; same with Devon. Sleep inducing scenes. That’s how I feel about them. I find Laura Wright’s performances to be too shrill and emphatic. I prefer more subtle acting. And I root against people who have been nominated a gazillion times (Bergman and James in particular). I am aware that the reels is what the panelists look at, and that is why we get winners who don’t deserve it.

Why do you say they’re not deserving of the Emmy just because they pick a reel up to 4 to be judged by their peers? I’ve always thought that was a good idea. There’s really no other way to pick a winner if there’s no work to submit and I honestly do not see a panel of judges watching 250 episodes of each soap and I definitely don’t see a panel of judges watching every scene a actor was in last year to determine a Emmy win. It makes no sense. James and Morgan definitely deserve to be here because their peers put them here but that’s your opinion.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Slim pickings again, I see.

Rooting for James Reynolds to win his second Best Lead Actor Emmy!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jw79bull
    Topics:

This is what Aaron D. Spears submitted
    https://twitter.com/theaveragericky/status/1522351806218711042/photo/1

And do we know who is nominated for the Digital Soaps? Did they eliminate those categories?

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 172 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.