Home Forums Daytime TV 2022 Daytime Emmy nominations

2022 Daytime Emmy nominations

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 172 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
akh_cat
Derrick_Eogha..
  • Profile picture
    akh_cat
    Topics:

This is what Aaron D. Spears submitted https://twitter.com/theaveragericky/status/1522351806218711042/photo/1 And do we know who is nominated for the Digital Soaps? Did they eliminate those categories?

I said that Spears picked those episodes and I was right

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Derrick Eoghan Oisín O'Callaghan
    Topics:

GH definitely might win directing unless Days picked the Halloween episode or Marlena’s exorcism or Beyond Salem picked something on its Florida locale or Y&R picked the episode where Nick and Adam were locked in a cellar together during a tornado. Y&R has writing in the bag unless the voters vote for Days for one of the possession episodes mainly the exorcism

DAYS won WGA and maybe it could win but it’s rare since the Emmys usually don’t match up with WGA.  That’s why I think Y&R will win Writing if they submit Neil Winters episode!

I said that Spears picked those episodes and I was right

When Spears was nominated, I knew that’s what he was going to submit.

I think James Reynolds will win  his 2nd Lead Actor award for Abe’s 40th anniversary.  Will have more predictions

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mootzic
    Topics:

Pleasantly surprised by some of these nominations. As a CBS watcher I had McCook, Ordway and Lind on my watch list. I think John McCook’s controversial ED story is worth remembering, especially how he handled it emotionally and realistically (well, for a soap). I would be happy with any others winning. I’m okay with Benard sitting this one out this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Djoko
    Topics:

Last I heard was that any currently airing actors/actresses could not submit for both DAYS and BEYOND SALEM if they played the same characters on the show (same if they played that character during the year at any time on the main show), they had to pick one or the other and I believe Corday Productions has full control of that process and who was entered for what. DAYS used to have a totally hands off system, but now most of the shows Emmy submissions, picks ect are totally handled by the show.

I believe some of the BEYOND SALEM actors who were not on the main show, could have submitted only in Guest as they were not airing long enough to quality for the main categories. I am a bit surprised more didn’t end up in the Guest category, but that is a very bloated category to begin with.

This makes sense, thanks for the explanation. I was hoping Eileen Davidson would be nominated for BEYOND SALEM.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Just watched Michael Fairman’s nominees special, he had 11 nominees on his show.

Marci Miller submitted angry scenes, Laura Wright has grieving scenes on her reel, Cynthia Watros has scenes with Sonny, Jax and Carly – I love that she submitted the “shaky” scene where she admits what she has done in her scene with Jax at Nixon Falls, Kelly Thiebaud submitted Jason scenes, Kimberlin Brown submitted a bit differently than I thought she would – scenes with Deacon, I think she as saying she didn’t submit the reveal to Finn scene? Eric Martsolf mentioned that Stacey Haiduk also submitted their breakup scene on her reel.

John McCook submitted Eric’s sexual problems scenes, Aaron D Spears submitted the arc around Justin’s betrayal of Bill, Eric Martsolf submitted the breakup with Kristen at the police station (and only that), Jordi Vilasuso confused me with what he submitted, and Nicholas Chavez and William Lipton were wonderful together with the latter submitting scenes around Franco’s death, and the former confusing me with what he actually submitted (someone else will know).

Michael Fairman does a great job with this show every year. Y&R was filming big scenes with the entire cast so only Jordi Vilasuso was available from Y&R for tonight’s show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Paul Vargo
    Topics:

Fairman is doing a livestream a number of nominnes I only seen a couple of them but there is other talking about they submitted

McCook summited Eric and Ridge talking Eric having ED.

Eric confirm he submitted Brady and Kristen break up screens and nothing else.

Kelly summited Jason and Britt on the run and Britt telling Carly Jason is dead.

There are others too I need to go back and watch.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JONNYSBRO
    Topics:

This is totally an interesting fact but if Cynthia Watros wins for Nina that will mean both of Michelle Staffords recasts have both won emmys. Gina won for leading actress in 2017 as Phyllis. Michelle’s two recasts winning emmys in big roles. Michelle was never nominated as Nina.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

Last I heard was that any currently airing actors/actresses could not submit for both DAYS and BEYOND SALEM if they played the same characters on the show (same if they played that character during the year at any time on the main show), they had to pick one or the other and I believe Corday Productions has full control of that process and who was entered for what. DAYS used to have a totally hands off system, but now most of the shows Emmy submissions, picks ect are totally handled by the show.

I believe some of the BEYOND SALEM actors who were not on the main show, could have submitted only in Guest as they were not airing long enough to quality for the main categories. I am a bit surprised more didn’t end up in the Guest category, but that is a very bloated category to begin with.

This seems mostly correct, though from what I saw in the rules, an actor who appeared on DAYS and BEYOND SALEM could only submit once, but, much like playing a dual role on a single show, that submission could include just DAYS, just Beyond Salem, or a combination of both. But it stands to reason that if Beyond Salem is a drama series, then actors who appeared in all or most episodes should be considered lead or supporting performers, even if it’s only five episodes. Like Lisa Rinna can’t claim to be a guest on Beyond Salem when she was the character driving a lot of the action and with plenty of screentime. But that’s just what makes sense to me. While it’s hard to believe that the awards committee would have allowed the main stars of Beyond Salem to submit as guests, I don’t have any knowledge about what actually happened there. If Corday Productions was controlling the submissions, they may have just focused on acting submissions from the main show.

Regarding there being five drama series nominees, I’m not sure that necessarily indicates a tie. It’s my understanding that the preferred number of nominees for any category, including drama series, writing and directing, is five. Obviously that hasn’t been possible for the last stretch of years with only four eligible shows, but the Emmys seemed to jumped at the chance to get a fifth drama series nominee. My thought on B&B’s omission from the writing and directing categories is that their submissions, like the DAYS writing submission last year, scored too low in judging to be considered worthy of a nomination. I could be wrong, but that jives with the guidance they’ve put out for the this year’s awards and the way they’ve been conducting things.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

And do we know who is nominated for the Digital Soaps? Did they eliminate those categories?

The digital soaps were shifted out of the Daytime Emmys when they announced the reorganization of shows and awards. Those shows are now eligible within the Primetime Emmys, under the justification that they are largely single-camera, non-daily shows whose production doesn’t really align with that of a daytime drama.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

This is my current predictions – subject to change once we know more about what the shows and performers submitted (and it’s just for fun, so relax!):

Best Drama Series: General Hospital
    Best Actress: Cynthia Watros, General Hospital
    Best Actor: John McCook, The Bold and the Beautiful
    Best Supporting Actress: Nancy Lee Grahn, General Hospital
    Best Supporting Actor: Jeff Korber, General Hospital
    Best Younger Performer: Alyvia Alyn Lind, The Young and the Restless
    Best Guest Performer: Naomi Matsudi, The Bold and the Beautiful
    Best Directing: Days Of Our Lives: Beyond Salem
    Best Writing: General Hospital

5 of these are my picks too but four of them aren’t – I just think if Jeff Korber submitted the scenes with Laura and the scenes where he was holding Portia and Trina hostage he could win; I think John McCook’s reel is unique and different enough to win – and he’s the only one in his category who has never won before; I think if Beyond Salem submits episode 4 it could very well win – and it reminds me of when the reboot of One Life to Live won the Directing award; I think Lind’s work with the bullying and drinking storyline was extremely strong and might move her past the three GH performers in the category; torn betwen Ted King and Naomi Matsudi, really not sure, but I have the feeling it will be one of those two.. I just love what Cynthia Watros said she submitted and there is a great deal of variety on her reel – I think it will be either her or Laura Wright, it’s been 7 years since a GH actress won in lead and I think it will finally happen this year; GH’s headwriters are brilliant – not perfect – but the overall storyline arcs are special, I think Days could split votes between them, and Y&R has won 2 of the past 3 years, I think they will reward Dan and Chris this year.

Of course once I see submissions I could very well change my thinking but that’s where I am at today!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

Fun predictions!

I just want to note that winners for all of these awards have already been determined in the same round of voting that determined nominees and that voting was conducted using a scoring system rather than a ranking system or selecting a single winner. So multiple nominees in an area more likely represents strong support rather than the possibility of having split votes, not that that makes any of these particularly easy to predict!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mootzic
    Topics:

If I had to guess what Y&R actors submitted…
    Thompson had some scenes with Gaines when he tried to stop the wedding and some showdowns with Ashland.

Ordway had some of the meatiest material. Her scenes with Carrigan are heartbreaking. She also found out she could never have children and relived the trauma of Max and her miscarriage. She also found her husband when she spent a year believing he was dead and struggled with anxiety. I’m predicting a win.

Lind had the alcohol struggles culminating in her accident. Also predicting a win.

Vilasuso dealt with being poisoned, reasoning with an insane Chelsea, and Chance’s PTSD.

Morgan had her family issues and the mind games her grandfather played with her that led to a fiery face-off.

Bergman had a sea change in his life: elation at finding his grandson, a showdown with the women (Sally, Tara) who messed with his family, and his own dark night of the soul when his grandson/son were taken away from him as he struggles with unresolved feelings for Phyllis, including a stand-alone episode. I have no idea what was submitted but as he’s done four radically different episodes before in one reel, I think anything can happen with increased airtime. I’d be over the moon if he won, especially since he wasn’t on my watch list for 2021, but yes for this year. I still feel like it will be Reynolds or McCook.

James probably for his surrogate story, maybe for Neil. I so wanted Christel Khalil to be nominated for the Neil tribute. I think she’s phenomenal.

Just my three cents.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

I wonder what the soaps submitted for Writing & Directing?

I have a feeling Beyond Salem must have submitted the Jewelry Heist storyline, I think they will win Directing with this.  DAYS must have submitted the Exorcism storyline, I HOPE NOT.  I hope they submitted Abe’s 40th which could possibly win them Writing.  DAYS did win WGA and MOST of the time, a soap wins WGA doesn’t usually repeat the Daytime Emmys.  We’ll see.  GH, don’t know DON’T CARE.  Y&R probably submitted Ashland & Victoria’s wedding and HOPING they submit Neil Winters episode and if so, they could win Writing; I also think they submitted this for Directing; possibly Nick & Adam in the cellar.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mootzic
    Topics:

Y&R could’ve also submitted Faith’s car crash/aftermath. The birth and rescue of Mariah and her baby. I agree with the Neil tribute. That was my favorite episode last year.
    B&B Sheila reveal at the wedding looks likely. Perhaps Liam, Bill, with Thomas locked in storage by Justin.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

Y&R could’ve also submitted Faith’s car crash/aftermath. The birth and rescue of Mariah and her baby. I agree with the Neil tribute. That was my favorite episode last year. B&B Sheila reveal at the wedding looks likely. Perhaps Liam, Bill, with Thomas locked in storage by Justin.

It would be Drama Series for B&B since they missed Writing & Directing nomination.  Total agree with your post on Y&R

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 172 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.