Home Forums Daytime TV 2022 Daytime Emmy Reels

2022 Daytime Emmy Reels

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 105 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
13 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
TonksIsHere
akh_cat
Derrick_Eogha..
  • Profile picture
    Derrick Eoghan Oisín O'Callaghan
    Topics:

I’m thinking Alyvia Lind submitted Faith’s bullying and the car crash & Mishael Morgan submitted Amanda finding her birth mother and her fiery showdown with her grandfather

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    syrus80
    Topics:

Most of the folks from Y&R and B&B barely had anything to do and got nominated. It’s ridiculous.

Laura Wright was good at heroines earlier in her career. There is not one single likeable thing about Carly. All Laura currently does is snarl at people.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    akh_cat
    Topics:

This year’s Emmys is going to be a good one.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

Most of the folks from Y&R and B&B barely had anything to do and got nominated. It’s ridiculous. Laura Wright was good at heroines earlier in her career. There is not one single likeable thing about Carly. All Laura currently does is snarl at people.

Barely??????  It’s their performance that’s got them nominated and I’m happy about that!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TonksIsHere
    Topics:

Well, it has a good start! It’s in person. It’s a major broadcast network. People will be dressed up & glad to be out & about in the universe! There will probably be a Red Carpet.

I love LW’s Carly! When she barks it’s for a reason. She has plenty of dialog that is not barking. Of course, I loved both SJB’s and TB’s Carly’s too. I think she’s a well-drawn character with plenty of ups & downs but room for nuance, too. As I recall LW & CW who I love even though I cannot abide Nina & Marci all have strong reels. LW wished she’d had something funny & tried to convince them that a mob boss/wife kidnapping a little old lady was funny. Fortunately Steve Burton told her she was crazy that NO ONE would find that humorous. For once I think he was right.

I’m about ready to know what the shows put up for Show, Writing & Directing. I can’t see how DOOL can avoid any of the schlock-fest material, but they won the WGA which still surprises me. I’m pleased that the GH Costumer Shawn Reeves & his team are up. He was at AW & then he was at GL & I think he dressed those dames nicely. As an aside to GH fans everywhere how many more people can they hire to fill out their poor shrinking (cough, ahem) cast size?

"I hate writing, I love having written."- Dorothy Parker

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TonksIsHere
    Topics:

Barely?????? It’s their performance that’s got them nominated and I’m happy about that!

This is when I wish some overarching official body were hosting the reels as video clips where we could see all of it. I have a black hole because I only watch GH & DOOL.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    akh_cat
    Topics:

I was looking at who the experts and the editors of Goldderby think is going to win the gold and here are their predictions…

Drama: Y&R

Actor: Peter Bergman, Y&R

Actress: Cynthia Watros, GH

Supporting Actor: Jordi Vilasuso, Y&R

Supporting Actress: it’s a toss up between Stacy Haiduk (Kristen/Susan, Days) and Kelly Thiebad (Britt, GH)

Younger Performer: Sydney Mikayla, GH

Writing: Y&R

Directing: toss up between Days and GH

I almost agree with their choices. I just gotta see what others picked for their reels first.
    I hope the voters share the wealth this year and that all 5 nominated shows win an award and not GH winning everything because it’s impossible for one show to win in each category for those who think one show is going to clean house in all 8 categories. The show that’s ever come the closest to winning all 8 (9 if you count when Younger Actress and Actor had their respective categories) was Santa Barbara in 1989 winning 6 out of 9 awards including Best Drama Series for Jill Phelps, Lead Actress for Marcy Walker, Supporting Actor for Justin Deas, Supporting Actress for Nancy Lee Grahn (tied with Debbie Morgan from AMC), Young Leading Male for Justin Gocke, and Best Writing Team for Charles Pratt Jr. And Anne Howard Bailey (David Canary won Lead Actor, Kimberly McCullough won Ingenue, and Y&R won Directing Team).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gatorman
    Topics:

I was looking at who the experts and the editors of Goldderby think is going to win the gold and here are their predictions…

Drama: Y&R

Actor: Peter Bergman, Y&R

Actress: Cynthia Watros, GH

Supporting Actor: Jordi Vilasuso, Y&R

Supporting Actress: it’s a toss up between Stacy Haiduk (Kristen/Susan, Days) and Kelly Thiebad (Britt, GH)

Younger Performer: Sydney Mikayla, GH

Writing: Y&R

Directing: toss up between Days and GH

I almost agree with their choices. I just gotta see what others picked for their reels first.
    I hope the voters share the wealth this year and that all 5 nominated shows win an award and not GH winning everything because it’s impossible for one show to win in each category for those who think one show is going to clean house in all 8 categories. The show that’s ever come the closest to winning all 8 (9 if you count when Younger Actress and Actor had their respective categories) was Santa Barbara in 1989 winning 6 out of 9 awards including Best Drama Series for Jill Phelps, Lead Actress for Marcy Walker, Supporting Actor for Justin Deas, Supporting Actress for Nancy Lee Grahn (tied with Debbie Morgan from AMC), Young Leading Male for Justin Gocke, and Best Writing Team for Charles Pratt Jr. And Anne Howard Bailey (David Canary won Lead Actor, Kimberly McCullough won Ingenue, and Y&R won Directing Team).

Do the experts and editors of Goldderby know what everyone submitted? What are they basing their predictions on? I only watch Y&R (and I barely watched it last year), so I’m curious to find out what they submitted for drama, writing and directing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    akh_cat
    Topics:

Do the experts and editors of Goldderby know what everyone submitted? What are they basing their predictions on? I only watch Y&R (and I barely watched it last year), so I’m curious to find out what they submitted for drama, writing and directing.

I believe they do know what’s on each actors reel and the reels for Best Drama Series Writing Team and Directing Team. I wish one of them would tell the public.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

I have a feeling one of Y&R’s reels is the Neil Winters episode.

I don’t think Peter Bergman is winning Lead Actor; I think it’s between John McCook & James Reynolds.

I’m NOT too sure if Jordi’s winning Supporting Actor

I think Alyvia Lind will win Younger Performer

Ted or Naomi from B&B will win Guest Performer.

I agree Y&R will win Writing and I think Beyond Salem will win Directing

B&B is NOT going home empty handed

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    akh_cat
    Topics:

I have a feeling one of Y&R’s reels is the Neil Winters episode. I don’t think Peter Bergman is winning Lead Actor; I think it’s between John McCook & James Reynolds. I’m NOT too sure if Jordi’s winning Supporting Actor I think Alyvia Lind will win Younger Performer Ted or Naomi from B&B will win Guest Performer. I agree Y&R will win Writing and I think Beyond Salem will win Directing B&B is NOT going home empty handed

Where are you as far as Lead Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

Where are you as far as Lead Actress

I would like to see Ari Zuker win Best Actress but don’t know if that’ll happen!  Would love to see Mishael Morgan win!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mootzic
    Topics:

I can’t make predictions. I can only go with trends of last winners. I watch Y&R but have seen many reels of past winners. I threw in some categories with some observed examples. Some fit into more than one category. Feel free to create your own with your own examples if you wish. Here’s what I’ve seen win…

High stakes/High impact (example Benard 2019, Reynolds 2018)

Intensity (Grimes 2018, Davidson, E 2018)

Inner Conflict (Thompson 2020, Bergman 1992)

Multiple Personalities (Geary 2015, Thompson 2020)

Grief/Pouring one’s heart out/Being gutted (Tognoni 2017, Grimes 2018, Benard 2019, James 2020, Davidson, D 2013)

Fish out of water (something out of the ordinary for a particular character) (Braden 1998, Wood 2021)

Anger/Suspense/Element of Fear (Clifton 2017, Reynolds 2018, Bergman 1992)

Journey of the character (Wood 2019)

I have read the transcript for 10/25/21 for Reynolds reel and have not yet done the research for McCook’s but I think it’s in July? Nothing to speak of Reynold’s acting (I loved the first five min of his 2018 reel), but I’d be concerned with flashbacks leading the story and I wonder if there is enough current story (current acting) to win—but Billy Miller won an Emmy for his flashbacks with Delia in 2014 so that could be moot. I plan on watching the episode to get an answer. But I would characterize it as high stakes/high impact reel, but I know Mishael Morgan didn’t win for dying, and Marla Adam’s did. Drake Hogestyn didn’t win for his hospital scenes, but Tyler Christopher did. McCook falls into the intense, pouring heart out. I cried during some of his scenes. I don’t remember if I did while he was talking to Ridge. I will have to read and watch. I have also read the transcript for Eric Martsolf’s scenes. Again, I will need to see the reel, but the scenes were intense and I like what I’ve read.

I would not be surprised if the other nominees had some elements of what’s listed here.

Shannon Mootz

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TonksIsHere
    Topics:

Oh, yeah, Justin’s win is one of my favorite memories. He jumped up UP straight in the air & then ran to the podium & gave a great speech & thanked people & then ran back to the table. Love it!

They say that Y&R must have submitted the anniversary of Neill’s death & that if they did then no one else has a chance in h*ll at Show or Writing. Makes me want to see that show! They deserve kudos for the very act of honoring a past character that way.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

Oh, yeah, Justin’s win is one of my favorite memories. He jumped up UP straight in the air & then ran to the podium & gave a great speech & thanked people & then ran back to the table. Love it! They say that Y&R must have submitted the anniversary of Neill’s death & that if they did then no one else has a chance in h*ll at Show or Writing. Makes me want to see that show! They deserve kudos for the very act of honoring a past character that way.

Yeap.  Now, I am waiting on them to honor Katherine Chancellor! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.