Home Forums Daytime TV 2022 Daytime Emmy Reels

2022 Daytime Emmy Reels

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 171 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
akh_cat
TonksIsHere
Derrick_Eogha..
  • Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I could be wrong here too, but B&B being a half-hour show can submit up to 4 episodes.

My understanding that they have to submit two shows that were consecutive and they can either do four in a row or two in a row twice…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

Does anyone know of anywhere that has all or even a part of the Y&R Anniversary of Neil Winters death show?

Here’s a clip of part of the episode I found, also featuring one of the two songs from Y&R that are up for this year’s Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Original Song, “Grateful For It All”:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mootzic
    Topics:

I only know of the transcript for Neil’s tribute from May 28, 2021 in TV Megasite’s Y&R section. There are also updates for that show. If YouTube doesn’t have it, Dailymotion might. They used to have recent season Y&R episodes. I have searched for the music for this show and wasn’t able to find much unfortunately. Best of luck and keep searching!

Shannon Mootz

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Derrick Eoghan Oisín O'Callaghan
    Topics:

I had forgotten all about Karla Mosley filling in for Mishael……….Miss her ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TonksIsHere
    Topics:

Here’s a clip of part of the episode I found, also featuring one of the two songs from Y&R that are up for this year’s Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Original Song, “Grateful For It All”:

TYVM! I appreciate it.

An apostrophe does not mean, "Look out, here comes an S!"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TonksIsHere
    Topics:

I only know of the transcript for Neil’s tribute from May 28, 2021 in TV Megasite’s Y&R section. There are also updates for that show. If YouTube doesn’t have it, Dailymotion might. They used to have recent season Y&R episodes. I have searched for the music for this show and wasn’t able to find much unfortunately. Best of luck and keep searching!

Appreciate it! I’ll holler at Suzanne Lanoue & see what all she has at TV Megasite. I checked YT & dailymotion & Vimeo last week & there was nothing but something could have been put up since then. Thanks again.

Added: Suzanne said: They have transcript & short recap & a longer more detailed recap, so 3 items on May 28, 2021.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

My understanding that they have to submit two shows that were consecutive and they can either do four in a row or two in a row twice…

This has definitely been the case in the past. I remember reading through the rules this year and seeing something that made it sound like B&B was now only allowed to submit two episodes like the other dramas. It wasn’t totally clear, and now I don’t even remember what it was specifically that the rules said. I’ll have to double check. If B&B had only been allowed to submit two episodes versus two pairs of episodes, that could explain why it missed out on writing and directing nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    akh_cat
    Topics:

Here’s what Sydney Mikayla says is on her reel…

I was a little bit nervous this year, more than last year, because last year was the first time that I ever had a storyline. So, for this year, I was definitely like, “I’m not really sure how this is going to go,” because there’s just so many new elements that were happening with everything that was going on, for example: Trina getting a more acclimated relationship with her mom, and then we had Cyrus (Jeff Kober) come in for a little bit. I chose the best moments that really showcased my acting, even though it wasn’t a cohesive storyline from start to finish on my reel. I’m really glad it worked! I was a little more on pins and needles for this one, and ultimately, it turned out great.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mootzic
    Topics:

I checked YT & dailymotion & vimeo last week & there was nothing but something could have been put up since then.

I used search term y&r episode 5/28/21 in video tab and episode came up for Neil’s tribute on dailymotion. Looks like full episode with 36 min duration. Hope it works for you. Oh, I did find the music in case anyone was interested—A Life Well Lived by Brad Hatfield. There is even a Kristoff waltz. It’s an incredible episode.

Shannon Mootz

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    akh_cat
    Topics:

I went on blogspot.com and watched everyone’s reels and the y&r Neil episode

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TonksIsHere
    Topics:

Someone told me I could see it on Paramount+ so I popped over & signed up for a subscription (that’s what they call their membership) and, lo & behold they only go back till Sept. something, so NOT THERE. While I was there & before cancelling my subscription I watched the two days of last week when the girl/girl couple got married. Wow, so lush, fresh, happy, costumes to die for, etc. that I had the thought that it could be their reel for *next* year.

I’m excited to try dailymotion & blogspot.  Thnx.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TonksIsHere
    Topics:

I used search term y&r episode 5/28/21 in video tab and episode came up for Neil’s tribute on dailymotion. Looks like full episode with 36 min duration. Hope it works for you. Oh, I did find the music in case anyone was interested—A Life Well Lived by Brad Hatfield. There is even a Kristoff waltz. It’s an incredible episode.

Well, da**it, Janet! I did not find it so listed there & I tried all manner of re-phrasing the search & got nowhere. Didn’t find it on blogspot either. Apparently the TV Megasite has transcript, short recap and a longer recap. Search & dates etc. very straightforward.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    akh_cat
    Topics:

I found Neil’s death anniversary episode

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Here’s what Sydney Mikayla says is on her reel…

I was a little bit nervous this year, more than last year, because last year was the first time that I ever had a storyline. So, for this year, I was definitely like, “I’m not really sure how this is going to go,” because there’s just so many new elements that were happening with everything that was going on, for example: Trina getting a more acclimated relationship with her mom, and then we had Cyrus (Jeff Kober) come in for a little bit. I chose the best moments that really showcased my acting, even though it wasn’t a cohesive storyline from start to finish on my reel. I’m really glad it worked! I was a little more on pins and needles for this one, and ultimately, it turned out great.

Here is more of what she said:

Was Nicholas Alexander Chavez in any of the scenes you submitted?

SYDNEY: He was! I got to show that soft side of Trina, which I really didn’t think we got to see, especially in my first Emmy reel, and her being vulnerable. We never see Trina really make a mistake, so that was really fun. Not that her relationship was a mistake, but more that we never get to see her slip up or say the wrong thing, or just put herself out there, and put her heart on the line. I enjoyed being able to play that and then being able to put it in my reel. Nicholas just made it so easy … what an amazing co-star. He just made me feel so comfortable. It was just really fun to do and to include. I also had scenes with the teen scene …there’s five of us! Of course, I had to include Trina’s standoff with Esme (Avery Pohl). I think, it was actually the last clip I put in on my reel.

Which was a great scene!

SYDNEY: Yes, and Avery is so sweet, but she plays evil so well. So, that was also so incredible to do, just that standoff of: ‘Who’s going to win!? Trina? Esme? What’s going to happen? What’s going to go down?’ No one knew, so that was really fun, too.

Photo: JPI

Did you include scenes between you and Eden McCoy (Joss) as bff’s Trina and Joss on your Emmy reel?

SYDNEY: Oh, of course, of course! It was some of those heartfelt bestie moments of her just kind of consoling me, and making sure everything was okay between Trina and Esme. I like those heartfelt moments that Trina had with one of her closest friends on the show, and a great friend in real life, as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    akh_cat
    Topics:

Now that I know who picked what for Younger Performer, I honestly think this award is going to go to either Alyvia Alyn Lind or Charlotte Arnold. I know how the Daytime Emmys work. The Emmys are not going to ignore awarding social issues especially with Faith’s alcohol storyline and Allie’s rape and usually rape victims (Walker, Livingston, Heche) and alcoholism (Clarke, Dano) and win Emmys I honestly think this award is full of talent and everyone’s reel is good. If Lind or Arnold lose, they’re going to give it to Lipton if you ask me. I think Cameron was given some meaty material with Franco’s death. Those scenes when he sees Franco’s body and falls to the floor broke my heart and I felt so bad for Cam and then Liz comes in and comforts him. His scenes with Zander also showcased his talent. He blew me away.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 171 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.