Home Forums Daytime TV 2022 Daytime Emmys reactions thread!

2022 Daytime Emmys reactions thread!

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 84 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Derrick_Eogha..
FreemanGriffin
akh_cat
  • Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Kelly Thiebaud was the only winner in the daytime dramas categories who was first in the goldderby predictions center! (:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    youngsoapfan
    Topics:

Sad that days only got one award, but soooooo happy that it kept GH from getting a trifecta. muahahahaha Also how many times has the writers guild award and daytime emmy writing team winner a match? So that’s pretty cool. Very sad for both Alyvia alin Lind, and Arianne Zucker, will Zucker ever get her much deserved emmy?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    soapfandc
    Topics:

This was a year in which a separate younger actor and younger actress award would have been justified

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Derrick Eoghan Oisín O'Callaghan
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: right;”>

Sad that days only got one award, but soooooo happy that it kept GH from getting a trifecta. muahahahaha Also how many times has the writers guild award and daytime emmy writing team winner a match? So that’s pretty cool. Very sad for both Alyvia alin Lind, and Arianne Zucker, will Zucker ever get her much deserved emmy?

</p>
    GH’s writing is NOT that great. They’re more focused on entertainment then their Writing. There’s no telling when they will win Writing!?!?

I don’t know when was the last time WGA win matched up with Daytime Emmys. I really didn’t think the possession storyline would win but boy was I wrong. I didn’t like the storyline but was happy that it won.

Mishael Morgan……….gonna continue with my happiness over her win and how I was shouting with joy.  HISTORY WAS FINALLY MADE.

John McCook FINALLY got his overdue win.

Very sad that CBS and DAYS did poorly but it’s ok; at least they won and very heartbroken BS didn’t win anything.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

General Hospital’s writing during 2021 was the very best and Days writing was terrible.

Mishael Morgan was inferior in every way to Sharon Case, Melissa Clare Egan, Camryn Grimes from her own show, and Kirsten Storms, Cynthia Watros, Maura West, Ari Zucker, Alison Sweeney, Deidre Hall – her win was completely ridiculous. She was nominated in the wrong category – Amanda is NOT a lead character on Y&R! It was the worst win of the night by far. In every single fan poll she was in last place. In our own Goldies she wasn’t even remotely in the running for either lead or supporting actress. Her storyline was a total snoozefest. General Hospital was once again robbed by a CBS actress – for the SIXTH year in a row! I don’t care what anyone says she did not deserve this Emmy win at all. Everybody has an Emmy win that makes them angry and this one is mine.

But on the plus side General Hospital was the big winner of the night! Kelly, Jeff and Nicholas were great winners, as were John and Ted from B&B, and the directing team of GH!

They really ought to have taped an acceptance speech from John Aniston and they should have cut that ridiculous song from Michael Bolton. Otherwise the show was brisk and efficient and the hosts were unobtrusive.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sean Phillips
    Topics:

Overall given the format of how the awards are chosen I’m not surprised. I can pretty confidently say that while I didn’t consider some winners frontrunners I still consider them worthy winners. I think I’m happiest for Chavez and Thiebaud. Chavez came in as a recast of an extremely popular scene stealing child actor and made the role his own in a short time. Thiebaud almost ten years ago wasn’t supposed to last more than a couple months and through her ability as an actress created such a complex character that I just adore seeing every day. So thrilled for her and for all the winners!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

Mishael Morgan was inferior in every way to Sharon Case, Melissa Clare Egan, Camryn Grimes from her own show, and Kirsten Storms, Cynthia Watros, Maura West, Ari Zucker, Alison Sweeney, Deidre Hall – her win was completely ridiculous. She was nominated in the wrong category – Amanda is NOT a lead character on Y&R! It was the worst win of the night by far. In every single fan poll she was in last place. In our own Goldies she wasn’t even remotely in the running for either lead or supporting actress. Her storyline was a total snoozefest. General Hospital was once again robbed by a CBS actress – for the SIXTH year in a row! I don’t care what anyone says she did not deserve this Emmy win at all. Everybody has an Emmy win that makes them angry and this one is mine.

I can admit that I can’t stand Tony Geary nor like General Hospital………..I think it’s time for you to admit that you can’t stand Mishael Morgan nor CBS soaps.  I wasn’t sure if she was Lead or Supporting but the Academy saw her as Lead so several including myself can agree.  Your griping, complaining and negativity is beyond SAD.  You do this on the movie forum also.  And honestly, nobody has time for that.  Be happy and grateful GH was the biggest winner and find something that makes you happy for once!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Shasta15
    Topics:

Category fraud still running amok in lead actress. Tom in 2020 and Evans in 2016 as the most recent examples. Not only does supporting actress Morgan score a nom over Egan and Case, but supporting actress Morgan wins over Watros and Wright. No doubt it was the shortest reel of the four cause the body of work couldn’t match up. Amanda was and is barely a blip on the radar. It’s a forgettable character stuck in a boring bubble.

BS not winning anything in any of the three show categories was a good thing for the Daytime Emmy’s. They had no business getting in over B&B in writing and directing. 250 episodes a year vs 5 episodes? Change this rule for next year. Stacking the deck for six different bites at three apples for the same writer is flat out absurd. DOOL having a bad night works for me as well. If GH and GH: Night Shift were doubled up like this in 2008, I would say the same thing cause it’s wrong in my book.

GH was easily the best soap last year so they deserved Drama Series.

Thiebaud was my favorite win of the night and another good thing for the Daytime Emmy’s. Frontburner stories that spanned the whole year should win out over a special anniversary episode. Grahn must have went all in on that cause she didn’t have much else. Britt’s character growth has been one of the best on daytime in a long time.

Nicholas Chavez is the best actor in this category. I have no problem with his win, but I was pulling for Lind. Out of the five nominees, Faith broke my heart the most. I was blown away by her spot on emotions and expressions in that bullying story.

DOOL for writing? Was this for the one script that wasn’t littered in preposterous outlandish camp?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    syrus80
    Topics:

They need to split up the younger category by gender again!!!

Ron Carlivati winning all of these writing awards this year is an atrocious cosmic joke!

Congrats to Mishael! But CBS winning this category the past few years is horrible!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    akh_cat
    Topics:

I can admit that I can’t stand Tony Geary nor like General Hospital………..I think it’s time for you to admit that you can’t stand Mishael Morgan nor CBS soaps. I wasn’t sure if she was Lead or Supporting but the Academy saw her as Lead so several including myself can agree. Your griping, complaining and negativity is beyond SAD. You do this on the movie forum also. And honestly, nobody has time for that. Be happy and grateful GH was the biggest winner and find something that makes you happy for once!

My sentiments exactly it’s obvious he doesn’t like CBS soaps nor does he like Morgan. In hindsight she may be a supporting character to everyone, but she was Lead in this particular storyline. This was her story and she shined in every moment. This storyline was about her finding her biological family and to find her father’s killer. I said previously that out of all the nominees reels this one was gonna hit some voter’s hearts because there are so many people who were adopted and they later find their bio parents and they go through the motions. Complaining about this isn’t gonna make you feel any better. The love was spread once again as I said it would GH won 5 B&B won 2 and Days and Y&R each won 1 last night. Beyond Salem didn’t win anything but the same person who writes Days writes BS so they still win on some level. Days Writing award win was deserving I loved that episode where Marlena and Doug are having that therapy session. It was funny and devious at the same time so I can see why they won Writing. GH winning Directing Team for Alexis’ 25th anniversary episode makes sense especially the scenes where Alexis as a little girl witnessed her mother and father’s horrible relationship.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

My sentiments exactly it’s obvious he doesn’t like CBS soaps nor does he like Morgan. In hindsight she may be a supporting character to everyone, but she was Lead in this particular storyline. This was her story and she shined in every moment. This storyline was about her finding her biological family and to find her father’s killer. I said previously that out of all the nominees reels this one was gonna hit some voter’s hearts because there are so many people who were adopted and they later find their bio parents and they go through the motions. Complaining about this isn’t gonna make you feel any better. The love was spread once again as I said it would GH won 5 B&B won 2 and Days and Y&R each won 1 last night. Beyond Salem didn’t win anything but the same person who writes Days writes BS so they still win on some level. Days Writing award win was deserving I loved that episode where Marlena and Doug are having that therapy session. It was funny and devious at the same time so I can see why they won Writing. GH winning Directing Team for Alexis’ 25th anniversary episode makes sense especially the scenes where Alexis as a little girl witnessed her mother and father’s horrible relationship.

Ditto and B&B only won 1 last night.  I didn’t like the possession storyline and didn’t think it would win Writing but I was WRONG on that.  Congratulations to DAYS on winning.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mootzic
    Topics:

The academy has spoken. Absolutely this was a good night. I was so moved by McCook winning, loved his acceptance speech. Thrilled for Morgan as well. It was great to see all soaps have something, but I knew GH being mentioned in Soap Opera Digest for 2021 best soap would carry weight, especially since it looked like Y&R submitted the tornado/“Seventh Seal” chess episodes between Victor and Adam. I felt they could have sent in stronger material against the other juggernauts. Happy for GH though! Congratulations to us all for making it through this one! Now back to the real world…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    youngsoapfan
    Topics:

It was a pretty good show, wish they had shown more clips, and played the winning shows themes, but i definitely liked how a character for each show introduced their shows right from their seats for best drama, I liked how they did that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gatorman
    Topics:

I’m glad CBS aired the ceremony and hopefully they’ll do it again (or any of the networks for that matter) for years to come. I also liked how each drama series clips were presented.

The hosts were not my favorites. I wish they would have talked less and showed more acting clips. Showing actors in the audience and having the bubble thing about what they were thinking and the kiss cam were dumb and a waste of time.

I wish we could have seen more acting clips and let the winners have longer times for their speeches.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mootzic
    Topics:

Only tough part was it airing so late on west coast. I couldn’t watch it live easily with people across a state even in my time zone due to the TV scheduling. They were an hour in by the time it started here at 9 so I had to close my eyes not to see the screen, or see/hear reactions as the final awards were given. It was also hard to look up anything on my phone or Ipad without finding out who won before the show. I was so happy to see this on the networks, just wish it could be like the Grammys and start at 5 or 6 so there is less overlap (and a red carpet!). I would have also wanted to hear the reels a little longer as they were presented for the categories. All in all, a good night!

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.