Home Forums Daytime TV 2022 Daytime Emmys reactions thread!

2022 Daytime Emmys reactions thread!

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 84 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Derrick_Eogha..
FreemanGriffin
youngsoapfan
  • Profile picture
    Daytimeemmyfan
    Topics:

Honestly the GH actresses should just quit submitting for lead. I can say now that it will be between Stafford and Wood next year, probably Wood. Supporting actress used to be the best category anyways and it’s fallen off a rock since. Maybe the Emmys, if not still, should have it where they cannot vote for their own show. It was planned to push Morgan for the historical win by the block voting party of CBS as she got the only nod in the category. The voters there are confident and anytime there is an actor worthy of winning, he or she gets the push. But there is definitely some resentment in lead actress. I used to support CBS but they don’t write for their best talent now or have good writers. If I were a avid soap watcher again I would favor GH and DOOL most.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Derrick Eoghan Oisín O'Callaghan
    Topics:

Honestly the GH actresses should just quit submitting for lead. I can say now that it will be between Stafford and Wood next year, probably Wood. Supporting actress used to be the best category anyways and it’s fallen off a rock since. Maybe the Emmys, if not still, should have it where they cannot vote for their own show. It was planned to push Morgan for the historical win by the block voting party of CBS as she got the only nod in the category. The voters there are confident and anytime there is an actor worthy of winning, he or she gets the push. But there is definitely some resentment in lead actress. I used to support CBS but they don’t write for their best talent now or have good writers. If I were a avid soap watcher again I would favor GH and DOOL most.

I wouldn’t count out Kimberlin Brown if she decides to submit LEAD and hopefully, Sharon Case

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Frank2803
    Topics:

I usually don’t like when nominees win for PC reasons, but a POC winning in the lead actress category was long overdue

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OLTLfan
    Topics:

The show was well produced and the hosts did a good job of letting the nominees and winners shine.

I can’t complain about the acting winners. It’s nice that all 6 categories went to first time winners.
    And they’re all genuinely talented actors.

It sucks that both lead categories went to actors that play supporting characters but it’s nice McCook finally has an Emmy and all of his fellow nominees had already won.

For lead actress, I don’t watch DOOL or Y&R regularly but I’ve judged Emmy reels for Zucker, Miller & Morgan in the past so I know they’re all talented actresses capable of delivering intense, compelling performances as are Wright & Watros. My preference was for Zucker who’s incredibly overdue at this point but obviously had no shot since her show doesn’t air on CBS.

I’m so happy that Chavez won on his first try. He’s fantastic and deserves it.

I’m surprised by Thiebaud. Not that she won; she’s talented, charismatic, beautiful and had a ton of strong, baity material. I’m surprised no one on here predicted her for the win. Her character was diagnosed with a serious illness, was almost killed on the job, went on the run with a mobster, fell in love with said mobster, and then had to grieve said mobster’s death after her brother killed him. How did we not see this coming?

I’m not a huge fan of Kober and can’t stand Cyrus, but Daytime voters love Primetime actors. What can you do?

I can’t believe GH won series and directing for the Alexis episode but not writing. I thought the writing was the best part. But congrats to Ron Carlivati on Emmy #3. I wouldn’t be surprised if he repeats next year with Abigail’s death.

Did the Beyond Salem nominations include the Christmas episodes?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

^Actually OLTLfan Kelly Thiebaud was the only winner who was first in the odds here on Goldderby. I thought Nancy Lee Grahn would win but that Kelly was a strong possibility as well – there were four incredibly strong nominees in the category and it was hard to know which way they were going to go.

Where did you read that GH submitted Alexis’s episode for Series, Directing and Writing? I didn’t see that information anywhere and I searched endlessly. GH not winning for writing yet again was very strange.

While I wanted Cynthia Watros to win Ari Zucker would have been a truly great choice too. She hasn’t had great material this year so far but you never know what the next six month will bring – hardly anybody who was nominated this year has had great material for next year’s Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

It sucks that both lead categories went to actors that play supporting characters but it’s nice McCook finally has an Emmy and all of his fellow nominees had already won.

Both of these characters had storylines that revolved around them (Eric’s ED storyline & Amanda’s paternity storyline) so HOW can they be Supporting?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OLTLfan
    Topics:

I meant user predictions. I saw users predict Grahn, Haiduk & Ordway but not Thiebaud.

GH’s clip for the top 3 categories was from the Alexis episode so I assume that was one of their submissions for series, writing & directing.

A lot of actors are the lead of their own story but if that story doesn’t air that often and doesn’t last for a major portion of the year, they’re still supporting overall. NLG was the lead of the prison story last year and had a full episode all to herself but still went supporting since her story wasn’t as prominent as the Nixon Falls story that rightfully got Wright & Watros lead noms. McCook & Morgan should have gone supporting too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

I meant user predictions. I saw users predict Grahn, Haiduk & Ordway but not Thiebaud. GH’s clip for the top 3 categories was from the Alexis episode so I assume that was one of their submissions for series, writing & directing. A lot of actors are the lead of their own story but if that story doesn’t air that often and doesn’t last for a major portion of the year, they’re still supporting overall. NLG was the lead of the prison story last year and had a full episode all to herself but still went supporting since her story wasn’t as prominent as the Nixon Falls story that rightfully got Wright & Watros lead noms. McCook & Morgan should have gone supporting too.

I disagree about McCook & Morgan going Supporting!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    youngsoapfan
    Topics:

Pretty sure it was just the beyond Salem original series. I believe the “Very Salem Christmas” was completely it’s own thing, a christmas special, and not part of the beyond salem spinoff, but perhaps we’ll see more nominees from the beyond Salem featuring a different cast this time around, than the original.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

I know I’m late to this party — it was a busy weekend — but I did watch the awards late Friday night.

Overall, I really enjoyed the show and thought they did a good job producing it and making it a fun night focused largely on categories people actually care about. I would have loved to see actual clips in the supporting and younger categories and longer clips in the lead categories. But the series montages were great.

While many of the wins weren’t what I wanted, I’m not going to say they were undeserved. I was thrilled for Kelly Thiebaud and Nicholas Chavez, and happy for Jeff Kober as well. It’s nice that John McCook now has an Emmy, and great that we finally (finally!) have a woman of color winning in lead actress with Mishael Morgan, who also gave a wonderful speech. Congratulations to her and to all of the winners. It would have been nice to see Beyond Salem win something, but I’m thrilled DAYS got the writing win. I know people have crapped all over the possession storyline, but the possession clips DAYS showed seemed to play better in the room than any of the other montages. The John Aniston tribute was nice, but it’s a shame he wasn’t able to be there for get the award.

I wonder if having Michael Bolton performing boosted ratings at all? I imagine that letting him perform a new song toward the end of the show was a condition of getting him to perform the in memoriam song, but they could probably have saved the money and the time and just played something.

It’s really strange to me that people seem to think CBS is controlling the lead actress category through bloc voting. For one thing, they don’t seem to have much of a hold on any other category? I don’t see how they’d form a coalition that relates just to this one category, especially since the judges don’t automatically carry over from year to year, and the academy makes a concerted effort to balance the difference affiliations when assigning judges to categories. Also, so many of the people who have been complained about as being snubbed in lead actress are also from CBS. No one gets these complaints more than Sharon Case, but over the last few years it’s also been Melissa Claire Egan, Camryn Grimes, Rena Sofer, Karla Mosley.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Daytimeemmyfan
    Topics:

I know I’m late to this party — it was a busy weekend — but I did watch the awards late Friday night.

Overall, I really enjoyed the show and thought they did a good job producing it and making it a fun night focused largely on categories people actually care about. I would have loved to see actual clips in the supporting and younger categories and longer clips in the lead categories. But the series montages were great.

While many of the wins weren’t what I wanted, I’m not going to say they were undeserved. I was thrilled for Kelly Thiebaud and Nicholas Chavez, and happy for Jeff Kober as well. It’s nice that John McCook now has an Emmy, and great that we finally (finally!) have a woman of color winning in lead actress with Mishael Morgan, who also gave a wonderful speech. Congratulations to her and to all of the winners. It would have been nice to see Beyond Salem win something, but I’m thrilled DAYS got the writing win. I know people have crapped all over the possession storyline, but the possession clips DAYS showed seemed to play better in the room than any of the other montages. The John Aniston tribute was nice, but it’s a shame he wasn’t able to be there for get the award.

I wonder if having Michael Bolton performing boosted ratings at all? I imagine that letting him perform a new song toward the end of the show was a condition of getting him to perform the in memoriam song, but they could probably have saved the money and the time and just played something.

It’s really strange to me that people seem to think CBS is controlling the lead actress category through bloc voting. For one thing, they don’t seem to have much of a hold on any other category? I don’t see how they’d form a coalition that relates just to this one category, especially since the judges don’t automatically carry over from year to year, and the academy makes a concerted effort to balance the difference affiliations when assigning judges to categories. Also, so many of the people who have been complained about as being snubbed in lead actress are also from CBS. No one gets these complaints more than Sharon Case, but over the last few years it’s also been Melissa Claire Egan, Camryn Grimes, Rena Sofer, Karla Mosley.

I mean, six straight times. If they went all out then they would have been exposed big time. Brian Frons is the one who gave CBS this power by destroying ABC.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

Sure, it’s irksome if you’re not rooting for those performers or those shows. But I guess six consecutive wins by two shows doesn’t seem that outlandish to me. DAYS and GH at one point had won six consecutive younger actor Emmys. DAYS and B&B had won seven in a row.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    stallioncity
    Topics:

OFFICIAL

GH submitted the following for Drama Series & Writing:

TAPE ONE

• Thursday, April 8, 2021: In a special episode focusing on Alexis, she connects with friends and family before reporting to Pentonville to serve out her sentence.

TAPE TWO

• Portia and Jordan talk about being a black man in America and speaking to racial injustice and gun control as the two talk about Cameron’s episode in the GH Parking Garage holding a gun to the police and vice-versa.

GH submitted the following for Directing:

TAPE ONE

• Thursday, April 8, 2021: In a special episode focusing on Alexis, she connects with friends and family before reporting to Pentonville to serve out her sentence.

TAPE TWO

• Phideaux and Allison revealed to Press that their second submission was an action episode where the majority of the episode featured Finn/Elizabeth/Peter on the roof of GH + helicopter aerial shots.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

OFFICIAL

GH submitted the following for Drama Series & Writing:

TAPE ONE

TAPE TWO

• Portia and Jordan talk about being a black man in America and speaking to racial injustice and gun control as the two talk about Cameron’s episode in the GH Parking Garage holding a gun to the police and vice-versa.

GH submitted the following for Directing:

TAPE ONE

TAPE TWO

• Phideaux and Allison revealed to Press that their second submission was an action episode where the majority of the episode featured Finn/Elizabeth/Peter on the roof of GH + helicopter aerial shots.

It is astonishing to me that GH didn’t win writing with these submissions. That really SHOULD have been the winner. Once again the panelists strike again and choose the wrong show – oh well. Dan and Chris are the best headwriters on daytime; here’s hoping they can finally win next year!!!! (I personally did not care for Days submissions at all but I never like sci-fi/campy writing on daytime dramas).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    youngsoapfan
    Topics:

Ron Carlivati won, because he resurrected an old storyline, that in it’s time was a little cheesy and he made it much better this time around, that is why he won.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.