Home Forums Daytime TV 2022 Daytime Goldies awards – voting begins January 7 and ends January 17, 2022!

2022 Daytime Goldies awards – voting begins January 7 and ends January 17, 2022!

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
alokin
soapsarecool
  • Profile picture
    soapsarecool
    Topics:

For Your Consideration

Lead Actor: John McCook (Eric, B&B)

Supporting Actress: Camryn Grimes (Mariah, Y&R)

Supporting Actor: Joshua Morrow (Nick, Y&R)

This is because I’m assuming Cynthia Watros and Kirsten Storms are already on most people’s lists. 😉

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    soapsarecool
    Topics:

OMG! I just noticed Bill Hayes has not won Lifetime Achievement Award! Let’s give it to him — he’s 96 years old and still going strong!

I also have him in my Supporting Actor lineup.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

It’s fun watching the votes come in! Most years there are a flurry of votes the first 2 days and then a flurry of votes the last 2 days with not many votes in the middle.

Just a reminder that voting ends next Monday, Jan. 17th at 3 p.m. EST. in this nominations round.

Please make sure your votes are in your order of preference. Don’t do them alphabetically because they are being given points based on your order of preference.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

A few corrections to the Opening Post…

Younger Actress: Y&R’s current Faith’s portrayer is Reylynn Caster NOT Reylenn Carter
    GH’s Esme’s portrayer is Avery Kristen Pohl NOT Avery Haley Pohl

Younger Actor: GH’s Jason David portrayed Aiden (Spencer); the role of Aiden is currently played by Enzo De Angelis
    Y&R’s Alex Wilson portrays Christian (Newman)
    And it’s Tajh Bellow (T.J., GH) NOT Tahj

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

Wondering whether to put Josh Morrow (Nick, Y&R) as Lead Actor or Supporting Actor? Thoughts? I have him as Supporting Actor in my year-end Best and Worst.

I would also regard Joshua Morrow more as a lead than supporting player (Nick played an integral part in various story arcs throughout the past year, most prominently: Faith’s bullying/substance abuse which led to her hospitalization; finding a kidney donor for Faith and tracking down Adam in Kansas; navigating the complexities of a rekindled relationship with Phyllis and redefining his place in the Newman family; digging into Ashland’s past and the subsequent fallout at Victoria and Ashland’s wedding in Tuscany). For the Emmys, I do think he should submit in Lead (with Richard Burgi going supporting) but for our purposes here with the Goldies (since I see that you’ve already cast your vote for Morrow in supporting), I’ll certainly take that placement into consideration when filling out my ballot!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

Just for fun here is my 3-4 leads per show:

Best Actress

B&B: Jacqueline MacInnes Wood, Annika Noelle, and Rena Sofer

Days: Camila Banus, Deidre Hall, Alison Sweeney, and Arianne Zucker

GH: Kirsten Storms, Cynthia Watros, Maura West, and Laura Wright

Y&R: Sharon Case, Melissa Clare Egan, Melissa Ordway, and Michelle Stafford

Best Actor

B&B: Scott Clifton, Don Diamont, Thorsten Kaye, and John McCook

Days: Brandon Barash, Dan Feuerriegel, Paul Telfer, and Robert Scott Wilson

GH: Maurice Benard, Steve Burton, Michael Easton, and Josh Swickard

Y&R: Eric Braeden, Richard Burgi, Mark Grossman, and Joshua Morrow

But I am certain others would see it differently!!!!

Here’s how I’d additionally break it down:

GH: for Lead Actor, I’d swap out Josh Swickard for Donnell Turner; James Patrick Stuart stays in supporting. For Lead Actress, I’d swap out Kirsten Storms for Finola Hughes (though an argument could be made for both in either placement).

B&B’s Katherine Kelly Lang and Heather Tom both belong in Lead along with JMW and Rena Sofer; Annika Noelle in supporting.

DAYS: for Lead actor, I’d swap out both Brandon Barash and Paul Telfer for Matthew Ashford and James Reynolds. I feel like Tamara Braun was also given plenty of material to justify a Lead Actress placement, ahead of Camila Banus.

I found that Y&R’s Amelia Heinle (who is always excellent) had a bit more material to work with than Melissa Claire Egan, when taking the whole year into consideration. So I’d actually place Heinle in Lead (with Egan in supporting). For Lead Actor, I’d swap out Richard Burgi for Jason Thompson.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    lovelyjoe302
    Topics:

Here’s how I’d additionally break it down: GH: for Lead Actor, I’d swap out Josh Swickard for Donnell Turner; John Patrick Stuart stays in supporting. For Lead Actress, I’d swap out Kirsten Storms for Finola Hughes (though an argument could be made for both in either placement). B&B’s Katherine Kelly Lang and Heather Tom both belong in Lead along with JMW and Rena Sofer; Annika Noelle in supporting. DAYS: for Lead actor, I’d swap out both Brandon Barash and Paul Telfer for Matthew Ashford and James Reynolds. I feel like Tamara Braun was also given plenty of material to justify a Lead Actress placement, ahead of Camila Banus. I found that Y&R’s Amelia Heinle (who is always excellent) had a bit more material to work with than Melissa Claire Egan, when taking the whole year into consideration. So I’d actually place Heinle in Lead (with Egan in supporting). For Lead Actor, I’d swap out Richard Burgi for Jason Thompson.

I would argue that Annika Noelle, would be Lead, and Heather Tom should be Supporting. I also would have Rena as Supporting, and not Lead.

If we go by 2021 Bold total episodes ranking; AN is in second place after Thorsten K. with the most episodes with 150, meanwhile Heather Tom only managed to score 60 episodes. Heather Tom, did not lead any major story, to be considered a Lead Actress at Bold.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

It’s helpful to know where people are thinking of placing everyone. I too had been thinking of Kirsten Storms as supporting and Finola Hughes and/or Kelly Monaco as lead instead. I also think of Josh Swickard as supporting for 2021, with Donnell Turner being a pretty good option or maybe Dominic Zamprogna. I was considering James Patrick Stuart, but I’ll likely keep thinking of him in supporting.

For DAYS, I was definitely considering Brandon Barash in supporting and Drake Hogestyn as lead. I’d probably consider James Reynolds a lead also. I can see Paul Telfer going either way.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

We are at the half-way mark. Voting ends Monday, Jan. 17th at 3 p.m. EST. I checked to see who the nominees would be if there were no more votes and it is a fascinating list! (; But it will change over the next 5 days. Last year the Best Actor category changed drastically on the last two ballots! (We got all 4 nominees from Days last year!).

Get your ballots in!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Just a reminder: voting ends on Monday, Jan. 17th at 3 p.m. EST in this first round of nominating our slate for the final ballot! Get your votes in if you haven’t already done so!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sean Phillips
    Topics:

We’re supposed to get snow here this weekend so that sounds like the perfect time for me to make my ballot…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

FYC:

Lead Actress: Michelle Stafford (Phyllis Summers), Y&R
    Guest Performer: Linda Dano (Vivian Alamain), DAYS
    Legacy Award: Regis Philbin

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

It’s helpful to know where people are thinking of placing everyone. I too had been thinking of Kirsten Storms as supporting and Finola Hughes and/or Kelly Monaco as lead instead. I also think of Josh Swickard as supporting for 2021, with Donnell Turner being a pretty good option or maybe Dominic Zamprogna. I was considering James Patrick Stuart, but I’ll likely keep thinking of him in supporting.

For DAYS, I was definitely considering Brandon Barash in supporting and Drake Hogestyn as lead. I’d probably consider James Reynolds a lead also. I can see Paul Telfer going either way.

Yes, Drake Hogestyn also came to mind as I was compiling my list of lead performers on DAYS. I eventually settled on Matthew Ashford (if there was a limit of only four lead actors), but a placement here for Hogestyn is certainly justifiable. Thanks to your post, I realized that I too had slipped up when writing out what was supposed to be James Patrick Stuart’s name (I just went back and edited my earlier post)!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

I would argue that Annika Noelle, would be Lead, and Heather Tom should be Supporting. I also would have Rena as Supporting, and not Lead.

If we go by 2021 Bold total episodes ranking; AN is in second place after Thorsten K. with the most episodes with 150, meanwhile Heather Tom only managed to score 60 episodes. Heather Tom, did not lead any major story, to be considered a Lead Actress at Bold.

How interesting (and quite surprising) that Annika Noelle had the highest episode count in 2021 of all the ladies on B&B! In thinking back over the year, though, it does make sense, considering Hope was at the center or mostly on the periphery of many of the storylines that transpired. For the Emmys, I do suspect she’ll submit in supporting just as she did in 2020 (with JMW, Sofer and Tom all going Lead), but for our purposes here, I’ll consider Noelle as Lead.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Voting in the nominations round ends on Monday at 3 p.m. EST so if you haven’t voted already get your votes in before then! (:

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.