Home Forums Daytime TV 2022 Goldies awards winners announcement! (:

2022 Goldies awards winners announcement! (:

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
EmmyLoser
FreemanGriffin
OLTLfan

• FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Thank you to everyone who voted for our best in daytime 2021 Goldies awards! Here are our winners!:

Best Drama Series: General Hospital

Best Ensemble Cast: General Hospital

Best Directing: General Hospital

Best Writing: General Hospital

Best Casting: General Hospital

Best Actress: Cynthia Watros (Nina, General Hospital)

Best Actor: Josh Swickard (Chase, General Hospital)

Best Supporting Actress: (tie) Camryn Grimes (Mariah, The Young and the Restless) and Lisa LoCicero (Olivia, General Hospital)

Best Supporting Actor: Mike Manning (Charlie, Days Of Our Lives)

Best Younger Actress: Sydney Mikayla (Trina, General Hospital)

Best Younger Actor: Nicholas Alexander Chavez (Spencer, General Hospital)

Best Guest/Limited Performer: Greg Vaughn (Eric, Days Of Our Lives)

Lifetime Achievement: Bill Hayes

Legacy Hall of Fame award winners: Lisa Brown, Stuart Damon, Jerry Douglas, James Mitchell, Regis Philbin, Fred Rogers, and Alex Trebek

Performer of the Year: Cynthia Watros (Nina, General Hospital)

EmmyLoser
    Topics:

Congratulations to all of these talented and worthy winners!

ReplyCopy URL

alokin
    Topics:

GH pretty much swept everything lol.

And a tie! We love to see it! So Camryn Grimes’ victory here reboots that past Goldies trend of Y&R securing a win every year in at least one category. Interesting…

ReplyCopy URL

FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

So here’s some info on the voting in this round!

There were quite a few landslide or close to landslide wins: GH for Best Series, Directing, Writing and Ensemble Cast; the biggest performer win was newcomer Nicholas Alexander Chavez who joined the cast mid-year and managed to get the most votes of anyone in this year’s Goldies (due partly to a lack of competition admittedly – he got all but two votes, both of which went to co-star William Lipton), and Sydney Mikayla got a pretty large win despite three votes for Alyvia Alyn Lind, two for Eden McCoy and one for Lindsay Arnold. Bill Hayes win for Lifetime Achievement was also by a wide margin, with Kim Zimmer in a distant second place.

Greg Vaughan won fairly handily over Marla Gibbs and Jane Elliot, tied for second, and Ted King and Naomi Matsudi, tied for third.

The closest vote was obviously Supporting Actress, where a tie occurred on the very last ballot!

There were 3 one vote victories: Cynthia Watros over Kirsten Storms (the last ballot broke a tie!); Josh Swickard over Paul Telfer; and Mike Manning over James Patrick Stuart! Also: GH winning for Casting was a one vote victory over Days!

Our experiment with a hall of fame voting for the Legacy award wound up with 3 recently deceased within this past calendar year, and 4 winners who had passed from earlier than last year. 4 soap performers, a talk show host, a game show host, and a children’s show host!

General Hospital won 10 Goldies, Days Of Our Lives won 3 (I am including Bill Hayes win), and The Young and the Restless won 1 Goldies this year.

Performer of the year was also extremely close between Cynthia Watros and Kirsten Storms, with others who did well including Deidre Hall, Mike Manning, Alison Sweeney, and Nancy Lee Grahn.

ReplyCopy URL

EmmyLoser
    Topics:

Interesting behind the scenes info!

Deciding my casting vote between DAYS and GH was really tough for me. It’s the one I thought about the longest, and both shows had some fantastic casting in 2021. I’m surprised that apparently no one but me voted for Lindsay Arnold. That was another tough decision for me between her and Sydney Mikayla, though ultimately I felt like Lindsay just had more material and was really stellar with it. I’m also surprised that William Lipton didn’t put up a stronger fight in younger actor, with how great he was in the aftermath of Franco’s death.

ReplyCopy URL

Sean Phillips
    Topics:

I voted for Chavez largely on the strength of him taking a character that was beloved with the previous actor and establishing himself firmly and appealingly in the role while more than holding his own with celebrated vets.

ReplyCopy URL

soapsarecool
    Topics:

Thanks again FreemanGriffin for doing this! Great winners. The GH sweep was not unexpected; I don’t think there’s any question that the show was the best last year.

My favorite win: Bill Hayes for Lifetime Achievement! <3

ReplyCopy URL

OLTLfan
    Topics:

Awesome winners!

My favorite win has to be Lisa LoCicero.

My biggest surprise is Greg Vaughn. Nothing against him, I just thought Jane Elliot had that category in the bag!

ReplyCopy URL

FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Looking forward to seeing how many of our nominees wind up getting Daytime Emmy nominations this year. We usually get around 50% – for the most part I think almost all of our nominees would be worthy nominees but there are plenty of others who could assemble amazing reels too…

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.