Home Forums Daytime TV Ballot for daytime Goldies awards!!! Voting ends on Mon., Feb. 1, 2021

Ballot for daytime Goldies awards!!! Voting ends on Mon., Feb. 1, 2021

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
EmmyLoser
FreemanGriffin
alokin
  • Profile picture
    Sean Phillips
    Topics:

I move we suspend the rules and allow that for the current four nominees and all ballots previously submitted be allowed to be amended for this award.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

I second the motion! Wonderful idea, Sean!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

Yea!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I move we suspend the rules and allow that for the current four nominees and all ballots previously submitted be allowed to be amended for this award.

How would that work????

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Since it has been asked: you can vote for any four of the performer nominees you wish and more than one from a category, ranked from 1st to 4th place.

Also: don’t forget to vote for Best Drama Series, Directing, Writing, Casting, and/or Ensemble if you wish to do so!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sean Phillips
    Topics:

Yeah let’s just do this differently next year. It probably isn’t right to try to switch midstream.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Definitely we can do it next year! Too many have voted already this year.

Voting ends next Monday, Feb. 1st at 12 noon EST!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

The voting was close in every single category this year. I personally was very surprised by the strength of certain nominees and not others!

Best Actor: Matthew Atkinson and Jason Thompson were tied for 5th; 14 of the 16 actors got votes and I can tell you that 2 of the 4 Days actors got in based on the last 2 ballots!!! (I can tell you that because all 4 nominees are from Days!) I was shocked by this categories’ result.

Best Actress: Camila Banus was in 5th; 9 of the 16 got votes. A great deal of consensus for our 4 nominees this year. The only category were all 4 are Emmy winners for their respective performances.

Best Supporting Actor: Mike Manning was in 5th; 17 actors got votes.

Best Supporting Actress: Judi Evans was in 5th; 14 actresses got votes.

Best Younger Actor: Ashton Arbab and Henry David Samiri were tied for 5th; 9 actors got votes.

Best Younger Actress: Lindsay Arnold and Haley Pullos were tied for 5th; 9 actresses got votes.

Best Guest/Limited Performer: our 4 nominees walloped the competition and this was the category with the most consensus; 13 performers got votes and 5 tied for 5th but with very few votes.

Lifetime Achievement: Hillary B Smith was in 5th; 16 individuals got votes.

Legacy Award: Mary Stuart was in 5th; 18 individuals got votes.

There were definitely surprises for me – certain performers I thought would do really well didn’t and others got nominated that I didn’t think had any chance at all!!!!

Now that the winners are in, can we get some more behind-the-scenes scoop? Were there any huge shifts in category support between nominations and final voting?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.