Home Forums Daytime TV Daytime Emmy Arwards nominations have been postponed to early to mid-May 2020 ):

Daytime Emmy Arwards nominations have been postponed to early to mid-May 2020 ):

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
replies
views
users
EmmyLoser
FreemanGriffin
Djoko
  • Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Michael Fairman shared today that the nominations have been postponed with no exact date set to early to mid-May. They are still working out what they will do as far as presenting the awards as well. It’s a total mess!

But what bugs me is this: WHY does it take so long in this day and age to pull the nominations and awards together? There really is no excuse for it.

Profile picture
    Djoko
    Topics:

I mean there is a pandemic going with a lot of people out of work or working from home or getting sick or dying so I’m sure there are other logistics they’re worrying about right now that are more important.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

Yeah, with all that’s going on, I wasn’t expecting the nominations to proceed as scheduled. Hopefully by the time the Daytime Emmys really get going we’ll all be in a better frame of mind.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

My point was actually that they ought to be able to do these much earlier in the year in this day and age of electronics speeding everything up. They could start and end the process earlier with ease.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

They have announced that the awards will be virtual and will be held in the fall. They still have not said when the nominations will be announced in May. Hard to get excited when they have not even let us know who the pre-nominees are. I wish they would do a soaps only option for the virtual awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

Having a virtual awards in the fall seems better than not having anything, but it also feels fully insane. If DAYS wins for something from, say, January of 2019, it will have been filmed two and a half years before they get the award!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

They probably don’t do it much earlier in the year because it would get overshadowed by bigger shows, like the Grammys and Oscars. Not that they are in the same genre or would make a difference, but that’s probably why.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gatorman
    Topics:

Daytime Emmy Nominations will be announced tomorrow (Thursday, May 21) on The Talk.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.