Home Forums Daytime TV Daytime Emmys 2015 submissions

Daytime Emmys 2015 submissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 248 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
5 years ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
GHFan
EmmyLoser
  • FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

General Hospital

Best Drama Series
    Best Actor: Anthony Geary (Luke and Luke’s father)
    Best Guest Performers: Young Luke/Bill; Young Patricia; and Dee Wallace (Patricia)
    Best Direction
    Best Writing

Superb episode – great use of black & white, history, and absoultely terrific performances by everyone! Direction and writing had a clarity that is usually missing from this show. The show “built” nad was suspenseful and entertaining.

What were the actors names who played Young Luke/Bill and Young Patricia? They were terrific. She looked extremely familiar but I couldn’t quite place her…. (btw, Rebecca Herbst’s Jessie Brewer was spot-on!)

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Wed., April 1, 2015

General Hospital

Best Drama Series
    Best Actor: Anthony Geary (Luke/Luke’s father)
    Best Guest Performer: actor who plays Young Luke/Bill; actress who plays Young Patricia
    Best Direction
    Best Writing

Great episode! Excellent use of black and white cinematography; well-crafted writing and direction; superb performances. The actress who plays young Patricia looks so familiar to me? Young Luke was terrific too. (btw, Rebecca Herbst’s Jessie Brewer was spot-on!) The ending was quite moving – where will they go from here with this???

ReplyCopy URL
    gdfl
    Participant
    Topics:

A few days late, but:

March 26, 2015

Outstanding Lead Actress
    Laura Wright as Carly, GH

Carly confronts Hayden about her alleged past with Jake.

Wright was great with Carly’s suspicion, aggression, pleas, and threats.  Ron’s team doesn’t write Carly-centric scenes as frequently as Guza did, but Wright took full advantage here and was a scene stealer.

ReplyCopy URL
    MattArmando
    Participant
    Topics:

Today’s Anniversary special (April 1, 2015) of General Hospital was simply amazing. Very moving; and tehcnically impeccable, from William Ludel’s directing to the cinematography to the score to the editing. 

And Elizabeth Korte‘s script should definitely be their 2016 Outstanding Writing submission. 

Dee Wallace should be a frontrunner for next year’s Outstanding Guest Performer, as could Chloe Lanier who played the younger version. Both were fantastic today. Wow. 

This could be their main submission tape across the board for Drama Series, Writing, and Directing. 

ReplyCopy URL
    MattArmando
    Participant
    Topics:

Wed., April 1, 2015

General Hospital

Best Drama Series
    Best Actor: Anthony Geary (Luke/Luke’s father)
    Best Guest Performer: actor who plays Young Luke/Bill; actress who plays Young Patricia
    Best Direction
    Best Writing

Great episode! Excellent use of black and white cinematography; well-crafted writing and direction; superb performances. The actress who plays young Patricia looks so familiar to me? Young Luke was terrific too. (btw, Rebecca Herbst’s Jessie Brewer was spot-on!) The ending was quite moving – where will they go from here with this???

Chloe Lanier: Young Patricia
    Joey Luthman: Young Luke/Bill Eckert

Both played their parts to a tee. 

ReplyCopy URL
    tennisfreak
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the one quibble with this as a Series entry is that it utilizes very very little of the cast. I think I counted nine contract or recurring players featured here. But the construction and impact is just phenomenal.

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, I think this is strongest among major categories as a directing submission, as that was just superb.  In a fair world, I could actually see this episode competing at the DGAs alongside primetime episodes.  The episode is the climax of a story, and is certainly well written, but to me, I wouldn’t love that there’s only one storyline featured in it and it doesn’t really give any indication of what is happening on the show on any other day.  But I don’t know that voters care about that as much as I do.  The episode is great, for sure, certainly better than the more submission choices GH made for 2013.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Young and the Restless

Best Actress: Sharon Case (Sharon)

Sharon is pleased about the quick wedding plans of her son Noah and his live-in girlfriend Courtney, but she gets angry when she learns that Dylan was pumping her for information, suspecting her of being involved with Austin’s murder. Lots of different emotions, a hint of insanity even, and then pulling back – and then the great ending, where Sharon did see something that fateful night….

General Hospital

Best Guest Performer: Dee Wallace (Patricia)

She reveals the rest of the truth about what happened that fateful night of April 1, 1963… It was a short stint but a really good one – she delivered with a heartfelt genuine performance and I expect to see her on the ballot next year.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Friday, April 3, 2015

Days Of Our Lives

Best Actor: Guy Wilson (Will)

Guy Wilson finally really connected for me today – first, with a heartfelt inferiority to rival Paul, revealing why he was attracted to him and why he feels so threatened by him; and later, his shock at being found out by everyone in regards to his one-night stand with Paul. Really fine work by GW!

ReplyCopy URL
    gdfl
    Participant
    Topics:

April 9, 2015

Outstanding Lead Actress
    Maura West as Ava Jerome, GH
    and
    Laura Wright as Carly, GH 

Ava asks Silas to help her die.  Carly advocates for Michael before eventually giving in to Sonny and Morgan.

Neither of these scenes had the big climactic moments that generally get the attention of Emmy voters, but if one or both of these two don’t get those kinds of shows this year then today would make for a great plan B submission.  West was heartbreaking as Ava made her requests to Silas and did a great job of showing how Ava was physically and emotionally deteriorating over the course of the conversation.  Wright had a good mix of things to play with Carly’s pleading, aggression, and bucket of tears.

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Tuesday, April 14, 2014

Days Of Our Lives

Best Supporting Actor: Drake Hogestyn (John)
    Best Supporting Actress: Deidre Hall (Marlena)

Great performances by everybody – I would cite Freddie Smith, he was briliant, but he has given some even better performances so far this year. He has been SO consistent!

I never ever thought I’d cite Drake Hogestyn, but the past few days he has done really stellar work. Bravo!

But I must say: this is a GREAT episode for Deidre Hall to submit! (: I loved her talks with Will (“you are behaving like your mother!”) and John. I love therapist momma Marlena! She is divine! (:

The Young and the Restless

Best Actress: Sharon Case (Sharon)

I also loved Doug Davidson’s angry cop today – like Freddie Smith above he has done some better work in other episodes; and Robert Adamson has been doing great work as a grieving Noah – my only reason for not citing him is that his best work has been in different episodes… Jessica Collins, the actor who plays Joe, everybody was great today! (although I find Gina Tognoni’s Phyllis too tense and severe)…

As for Sharon Case, I love the way she’s on the borderline between crazy (is she crazy?) and sanity (is she sane?).  love her acting choices!

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Monday, April 20, 2015

Days Of Our Lives

Best Supporting Actor: Bryan Datillo (Lucas)
    Best Supporting Actress: Judi Evans (Adrienne)
    Best Supporting Actress: Lauren Koslow (Kate)

I could also cite Freddie Smith, Guy Wilson, and Deidre Hall – some really great scenes today, but the two very best ones were the fiery confrontation between Lucas and Kate (Kate has set up Lucas with Victor, who knows he has been sleeping with Adrienne and has fired him) and a quiet intense and lovely scene between Adrienne and Sonny – BRAVO! (: The writing is brilliant in these scenes, just terrific! I am going to miss these writers and their stellar work!

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Days Of Our Lives

Best Younger Actress: True O’Brien (Paige)
    Best Supporting Actor: Eric Martsolf (Brady)
    Best Supporitng Actress: Eileen Davidson (Kristen)
    Best Supporting Actress: Kassie DePaiva (Eve)

Loved the nightmare sequence – Paige really let J.J. have it!!! (:

The cat-and-mouse scenes between Brady and Kristen were sublime – welcome back ED, wish you were staying much much longer, that’s for sure! They really have incredible chemistry in their scenes together.

KDP continues to impress as Eve – so glad she’s found her way to Days (I still miss Blair though)… she and MR as Jennifer really spark off each other!

ReplyCopy URL
    FreemanGriffin
    Participant
    Topics:

EMMY REEL ALERT!

Days Of Our Lives

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Best Supporting Actor: Eric Martsolf (Brady)
    Best Supporting Actress: Eileen Davidson (Kristen)
    Best Supporting Actress: Kassie DePaiva (Eve)
    Best Supporting Actress: Melissa Reeves (Jennifer)

Wowie zowie! GREAT acting today on Days! (: Brady and Kristen square off: he knows she has stolen his and Teresa’s baby and she denies it! Yowza!

KASSIE DePAIVA was simply AMAZING today. The way her voice changed when she told Jennifer to never bring up the past and go down memory lane – so much pain and hurt there! Brilliant!

Melissa Reeves matches Kassie every step of the way… (:

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyLoser
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, great performances, especially Kassie DePaiva!  I would say this could make a pretty good drama series submission, except for the questionable set elements at Castle DiMera.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 248 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.