Home Forums Daytime TV GOLDIES nominations and ballot! Voting ends on Jan. 26, 2020 at 1 p.m. EST!

GOLDIES nominations and ballot! Voting ends on Jan. 26, 2020 at 1 p.m. EST!

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
replies
views
users
FreemanGriffin
alokin
EmmyLoser
  • Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Here are the nominees for this year’s Goldies, honoring the best in daytime television during 2019! Vote for ONE nominee per category and send your ballot to FreemanGriffin. Voting ends on Jan. 26, 2020 at 1 pm. EST.

In the following 5 categories – Best Drama Series; Best Ensemble Cast; Best Directing; Best Writing; and Best Casting:

THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL
    DAYS OF OUR LIVES
    GENERAL HOSPITAL
    THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS

Best Actress:

CAMILA BANUS (Gabi, Days Of Our Lives)
    GENIE FRANCIS (Laura, General Hospital)
    MAURA WEST (Ava, General Hospital)
    ARIANNE ZUCKER (Nicole and Kristen, Days Of Our Lives)

Best Actor:

BRANDON BARASH (Stefan, Days Of Our Lives)
    SCOTT CLIFTON (Liam, The Bold and the Beautiful)
    ROGER HOWARTH (Franco, General Hospital)
    ROBERT SCOTT WILSON (Ben, Days Of Our Lives)

Best Supporting Actress:

TAMARA BRAUN (Kim, General Hospital)
    DEIDRE HALL (Marlena and Hattie, Days Of Our Lives)
    BETH MAITLAND (Traci, The Young and the Restless)
    SUZANNE ROGERS (Maggie, Days Of Our Lives)
    GINA TOGNONI (Phyllis, The Young and the Restless)

Best Supporting Actor:

JON LINDSTROM (Kevin and Ryan, General Hospital)
    CHANDLER MASSEY (Will, Days Of Our Lives)
    PARRY SHEN (Brad, General Hospital)
    PAUL TELFER (Zander, Days Of Our Lives)

Best Younger Actress:

OLIVIA ROSE KEEGAN (Claire, Days Of Our Lives)
    VICTORIA KONEFAL (Ciara, Days Of Our Lives)
    KATELYN MacMULLEN (Willow, General Hospital)
    EDEN McCOY (Josslyn, General Hospital)

Best Younger Actor:

LUCAS ADAMS (Tripp, Days Of Our Lives)
    WILLIAM LIPTON (Cameron, General Hospital)
    CASEY MOSS (J.J., Days Of Our Lives)
    GAREN STITT (Oscar, General Hospital)

Best Guest/Limited Performer:

MARLA ADAMS (Dina, The Young and the Restless)
    VINCENT IRIZARRY (Jordan, The Bold and the Beautiful)
    ROBIN STRASSER (Vivian, Days Of Our Lives)
    ALISON SWEENEY (Sami, Days Of Our Lives)

Lifetime Achievement:

JULIA BARR
    ERIC BRAEDEN
    DON HASTINGS
    SUZANNE ROGERS

Legacy Award:

LYDIA BRUCE
    JAMES MITCHELL
    KRISTOFF ST. JOHN
    HOGAN SHEFFER

Performer of the Year: this is done like the first round of voting – list your top four from the nominees in the acting categories and whoever gets the most points (5 for first place, 3 for 2nd, 2 for 3rd, and 1 for 4th place) will be our Performer of the Year! (:

Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

Interesting list of nominees! Thanks for putting these together, Freeman. I guess once all of the voting is over, you can tell us some behind-the-scenes stuff like which races were close, who almost made the cut, who surprised with their lack of votes, etc.?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    robbalto
    Topics:

Thanks, Freeman! It’s a great list… and probably a lot better than the upcoming Emmy noms.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I can share who almost made it in each category, and how many performers were cited:

For Actress Rebecca Herbst and Katherine Kelly Lang came close to making it; there were 11 actresses who received votes.

For Actor Mark Grossman and Eric Martsolf came close; there were 10 actors who received votes.

For Supporting Actress Nancy Lee Grahn came close; there were 15 actresses who received votes.

For Supporting Actor Jordi Vilasuso surprisingly came close; there were 12 actors who received votes.

For Younger Actress Sasha Calle came close; there were 9 actresses who received votes.

For Younger Actor nobody else came close and there were the fewest in any category to receive votes, with only 6 actors getting any votes.

For Guest/Limited Performer William Utay and Judi Evans came close; there were 15 performers who received votes.

For Lifetime Achievement Ken Corday came close; there were 12 who reeived votes. I was very surprised that last year’s nominee Kim Zimmer didn’t receive any votes this year.

For the Legacy Award James E Reilly and Frank Parker came close; there were 13 who received votes.

B&B had 8 performers who received votes. Days had 28. GH had 21. Y&R had 20. (I am pretty sure I got these numbers right!)

Thanks to everyone who voted! I look forward to finding out who this year’s winners are! (:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

Curious, was voting turnout during this round even less than that of last year?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Curious, was voting turnout during this round even less than that of last year?

Yes, I expected it to be. There is less interest in daytime shows sadly ):

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I wonder what you guys think about what I should do if there is a tie? Should I go with whoever won in the first round of voting or do want ties? We had a 3-way tie in Supporting Actress last year…

btw, besides the four Best Actor nominees the other actors who we cited were: Matthew Atkinson, Michael Easton, Mark Grossman, Thorsten Kaye, Eric Martsolf, and Joshua Morrow.

Besides the four Best Actress nominees the other actresses who we cited were: Sharon Case, Amelia Heinle, Rebecca Herbst, Katherine Kelly Lang, Michelle Stafford, Melody Thomas Scott, and Heather Tom.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

It’s no secret, I always welcome a tie but I know others here have been pretty vocal in their objection to ties in the past. I admit a three-way tie is a bit much, in which case we could proceed as you’ve suggested, rendering a winner with the most votes during the nominations round. But perhaps someone else has another idea on how to work around a three-way tie?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    EmmyLoser
    Topics:

I don’t feel all that strongly about it, but I’m generally against ties, especially when there are only four nominees. I would delay the results by a day or so and do a 24-hour runoff for any ties. If the votes come back tied again, the tie stands. I also don’t like using the first-round voting points because people may have been voting more strategically and skewed the numbers. For example, if I assumed that Jon Lindstrom would get nominated, I might have put him third or fourth on my ballot in favor of someone I thought was more of a longshot getting the first place spot, even if they weren’t really a longshot. The votes could be a little skewed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sean Phillips
    Topics:

We could always preference rank the nominees. If two or more tie, take the reciprocal of their placement on each ballot (I.e. first place is worth 1, second is worth 1/2, third is 1/3, etc.) and of those tied whomever has the greater sum is the winner.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Voting ends on Jan. 26th at 1 p.m. EST! Get your votes in! (:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Reminder: 3 more days to vote for the Goldies! Voting ends on Jan. 26 at 1 p.m. EST! (:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

I like your idea, Sean, which perhaps would be more feasible if the Goldies had more participants, but EmmyLoser does make a very valid point about the first-round votes possibly being skewed. I can’t speak for everyone here who voted, but I know firsthand when filling out my ballot that those performers who I estimated had longshot chances of getting nominated I gave priority with being assigned first and second-place spots. So I agree, in hindsight, that it wouldn’t be fair to use that ranking as the basis for breaking any ties during final-round voting. I think the 24-hour runoff as EmmyLoser suggested for any ties sounds like a good plan.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

My concerns about a 24 hour runoff is it would make more sense if it were just those who did not vote for either of the ones who had tied participating in it. I’m not sure it’s very feasible. I am hoping there will simply be no ties!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

One more day to vote! Voting ends tomorrow the 26th at 1 p.m. EST! (:

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.