Home Forums Daytime TV Revisiting the Daytime Emmys-1996 Supporting Actor

Revisiting the Daytime Emmys-1996 Supporting Actor

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
12 months ago
replies
views
users
Frank2803
FreemanGriffin
akh_cat

• Frank2803
    Topics:

This was a stacked year. You could make a case that each of the actors deserved the Emmy. This category is also known for one of the biggest upsets in Daytime Emmy history. Michael Sutton was the favorite to win, but Jerry VerDorn grabbed his second Emmy in a consecutive win.

Micheal Sutton- Stone on his death bed with his girlfriend Robin at his bed side

Jerry VerDorn- Ross confronts his daughter Dinah about faking her kidnapping

David Forsyth- fallout of the affair between Felicia Gallant and John Hudson

Ian Buchanan- My memory is fuzzy on the reel, but I think it has something with Sheila holding James Warrick captive

Frank Beatty-Marion/Brent fallout

Stuart Damon- Alan comforting his wife Monica before her mastectomy

Ranking

1 Sutton- always thought he should have been in the Lead category

2 Forsyth

3 VerDorn

4. Damon

5 Beatty

6 Buchanan

akh_cat
    Topics:

Ver Dorn had my vote out of all the guys. His scenes with Dinah and Matt were magnificent. His range was outstanding.  I would have voted for him.

ReplyCopy URL

syrus80
    Topics:

I would’ve voted for Michael Sutton.

ReplyCopy URL

FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

I personally would have voted for Stuart Damon but Jerry verDorn was an excellent choice; Michael Sutton, Frank Beaty (that’s the correct spelling btw), and David Forsyth all would have been excellent choices too. I never understood the appeal of Ian Buchanan on B&B – he won the very next year though.

I never understood why Scott Holmes was never nominated for As the World Turns…

ReplyCopy URL

Frank2803
    Topics:

I personally would have voted for Stuart Damon but Jerry verDorn was an excellent choice; Michael Sutton, Frank Beaty (that’s the correct spelling btw), and David Forsyth all would have been excellent choices too. I never understood the appeal of Ian Buchanan on B&B – he won the very next year though. I never understood why Scott Holmes was never nominated for As the World Turns…

I always thought it was odd that Buchanan got a win a few nods for B&B, but zilch for playing Duke Lavery on GH

ReplyCopy URL

Frank2803
    Topics:

Ver Dorn had my vote out of all the guys. His scenes with Dinah and Matt were magnificent. His range was outstanding. I would have voted for him.

Wendy Moinz must have been an Emmy good luck charm that year because she was also in Kevin Mambo’s Emmy winning reel that year

ReplyCopy URL

Frank2803
    Topics:

Cool fact about this year’s winner

Jerry VerDorn is one of three consecutive winners in this category

The other two are Jonathan Jackson and VerDorn’s Guiding Light co star Justin Deas

Also Deas and VerDorn are tied for the most nods in the Supporting actor category

ReplyCopy URL

Boidiva02
    Topics:

My vote would have gone to Michael Sutton in a landslide, with Damon in second place and Ver Dorn in third. I’m not familiar enough with the other actors work to rank them.

ReplyCopy URL

Frank2803
    Topics:

My vote would have gone to Michael Sutton in a landslide, with Damon in second place and Ver Dorn in third. I’m not familiar enough with the other actors work to rank them.

I was watching Maurice Benard’s talk show on YouTube and the interview with Michael Sutton they talked about how Sutton was green when he first came on the show, but Benard took him under his wing and became a much better actor. Benard even discussed how he was proud of him when he got his Emmy nomination.

ReplyCopy URL

FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

^As usual Maurice Benard’s enormous ego is at play – perhaps he got better despite Benard? Perhaps it was the material and working with Kimberly McCullough, the producers and directors and other actors – including MB. His youtube channel is all about his favorite subject: himself. He had Shelley Curtis and Wendy Riche as guests and what he was really interested in was learning what they had thought of him back then. He takes no responsibility for the negative messages of his character. He got really mad at me for sharing an opinion that I am tired of all the mob stuff on GH – he is very thin skinned. I preferred the interview Michael Sutton did with Kimberly McCullough on Michael Fairman’s channel.

ReplyCopy URL

Frank2803
    Topics:

^As usual Maurice Benard’s enormous ego is at play – perhaps he got better despite Benard? Perhaps it was the material and working with Kimberly McCullough, the producers and directors and other actors – including MB. His youtube channel is all about his favorite subject: himself. He had Shelley Curtis and Wendy Riche as guests and what he was really interested in was learning what they had thought of him back then. He takes no responsibility for the negative messages of his character. He got really mad at me for sharing an opinion that I am tired of all the mob stuff on GH – he is very thin skinned. I preferred the interview Michael Sutton did with Kimberly McCullough on Michael Fairman’s channel.

Lol fair enough I’ll check out the other Michael Sutton interview

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.